PDA

View Full Version : Tormentor and Pit Fiend

Mr.Dragon
11-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Confirmed for the Inferno.

They also have hinted at the Pit Fiend being the Champion.
Probably delegating Devils to hero duty or possibly story/boss characters.

What are your thoughts?
I'm loving the new look of the Pit Fiend, similar to the previous but a lot more lethal looking.

And the Tormentor looks several different kinds of awesome, not to mention fresh for the series.
Reminding me off several good ol' monsters from my childhood, including the Zombies from Secret of Mana and their grabby ribs, and the Boneclaws from DnD with their extending talons.

Mr.Dragon
11-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Confirmed for the Inferno.

They also have hinted at the Pit Fiend being the Champion.
Probably delegating Devils to hero duty or possibly story/boss characters.

What are your thoughts?
I'm loving the new look of the Pit Fiend, similar to the previous but a lot more lethal looking.

And the Tormentor looks several different kinds of awesome, not to mention fresh for the series.
Reminding me off several good ol' monsters from my childhood, including the Zombies from Secret of Mana and their grabby ribs, and the Boneclaws from DnD with their extending talons.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
11-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I've added the artwork & bio's to the earlier thread http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1060878/m/3611020098 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/3611020098)

Mr.Dragon
11-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Quite reliable source has stated the Pit Fiend is NOT the strongest creature in the Inferno line-up.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
11-03-2010, 11:34 AM
No, it's not. They're releasing the units in order of their tiers for the most part. None of the Champion tiers have been revealed "officially" IIRC.

~edit~ Ummm...forget I said any of that. :O) I got the order mixed up. Can I blame it on my age? *grin*

Oakwarrior
11-03-2010, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pit Fiend </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

F***ing awesome creature if you ask me.

SandroTheMaster
11-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Pit Fiend is awesome, no argument there.

The Tormentor though... needs work. Right now he looks like a pincushion that could be pressed against a wall and get stuck there. The spikes are dissonant to its biology. They must look like they serve a purpose and are articulate parts. Either that or make them look like horns.

Mr.Dragon
11-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Assuming Demons have some kind of reasonable biology to begin with.
I actually quite like the whole "evil from beyond reason" vibe it's got.

I like my demons to: Not make sense.
As demons, that's one of their defining features for me, they don't have to make sense, they are horrific monsters from another world based on our vices, sins, fears and utter chaos.
The less mundane they are the better.

But that's just me and my two gold pieces.

GoranXII
11-05-2010, 06:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr.Dragon:
Quite reliable source has stated the Pit Fiend is NOT the strongest creature in the Inferno line-up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't know, the facebook page states:
"...and the mighty Pitfends are his most spectacular agents. Surpassed in their violent natures by only the most vehement Arch Demons, Pitfiends are the most dangerous creatures found in the Infernal legions."

Sure sounds like the most powerful creatures to me, with Arch-Demons being heroes. What's your source?

SandroTheMaster
11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoranXII:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr.Dragon:
Quite reliable source has stated the Pit Fiend is NOT the strongest creature in the Inferno line-up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't know, the facebook page states:
"...and the mighty Pitfends are his most spectacular agents. Surpassed in their violent natures by only the most vehement Arch Demons, Pitfiends are the most dangerous creatures found in the Infernal legions."

Sure sounds like the most powerful creatures to me, with Arch-Demons being heroes. What's your source? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chuckles kind of confirmed this, and he's a good source.

GoranXII
11-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Yeah, but he then tells us to forget that he said anything. Is there another source somewhere?

Mr.Dragon
11-05-2010, 03:07 PM
An insider on HC also confirmed it.
Another seemed at first to be hinting that it was, but has actually supported but not directly stated Sir Charles and the over insider are correct.
2v(1/2) of the insiders I've seen talking about the topic claim it's not, I think that is the safer assumption, though I wish the Pit Fiend was the Champion.
(Unless the real champion turns out to be even more awesome.)

GoranXII
11-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Fair enough, although I think they'd have made a damn good champion.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
11-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Sorry for the confusion guys. The Pit Lord IS the strongest unit for the inferno. You can call that a confirmation if you like. I got the order mixed up for some unknown reason, hence my earlier post. My apologies.

EBugle
11-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Man, Pitlords are rising up the ranks! First 5th tier, then gone, then 6th tier, now 7th/3rd (I'm not sure if core and elite have tiers at this point)

What's next? Harpy Hags for dungeon being champion units? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Mr.Dragon
11-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Hell no, the Troglodytes got that spot, Harpies are moving to Academy to hang out with the Champion Gremlin on the Elite tier.