PDA

View Full Version : "Anyone else missing a ring finger?"

vanbuskirks
09-24-2008, 01:44 AM
I know Jade Raymond (sp?) said that Altair was missing his ring finger because it was part of some sort of initiation into the Brotherhood. I figured, cool, way to show the dedication dude. But, over the last couple play throughs however, I began to notice that no other assassin in the game was missing a ring finger. I checked out everyone I possibly could, but had some particular people that I felt were especially likely to be missing that particular digit. The people I looked at were: 1) the weapons trainer guy, since he has a hidden blade; no ring finger. This kind of figures becasue his clothing is different so he may not be an offcial assassin. 2) Al Mualim. Now, I know he is the master and has special rights and privileges, but I figure he got to be master by being one bad *** assassin, so i thouught he might be missing his ring finger, but once again, he was rockin' all ten digits. 3) Lastly, and most convincingly proving that Altair was unfarily de-fingered was observing Malak (sp?) in Solomon's Temple in memory block one. He is dressed exactly like Altair with all of the same weaponry and demonstrates a skill (at least in free-running and possibly in combat, seeing as he survived a fight with Robert and managed to recover the treasure) relatively similar to Altair's, so he must be considered an official assassin of some sorts, but once again, he's got all ten fingers. I'm not trying to create some sort of conspiracy, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this or knows anything about it.

vanbuskirks
09-24-2008, 01:44 AM
I know Jade Raymond (sp?) said that Altair was missing his ring finger because it was part of some sort of initiation into the Brotherhood. I figured, cool, way to show the dedication dude. But, over the last couple play throughs however, I began to notice that no other assassin in the game was missing a ring finger. I checked out everyone I possibly could, but had some particular people that I felt were especially likely to be missing that particular digit. The people I looked at were: 1) the weapons trainer guy, since he has a hidden blade; no ring finger. This kind of figures becasue his clothing is different so he may not be an offcial assassin. 2) Al Mualim. Now, I know he is the master and has special rights and privileges, but I figure he got to be master by being one bad *** assassin, so i thouught he might be missing his ring finger, but once again, he was rockin' all ten digits. 3) Lastly, and most convincingly proving that Altair was unfarily de-fingered was observing Malak (sp?) in Solomon's Temple in memory block one. He is dressed exactly like Altair with all of the same weaponry and demonstrates a skill (at least in free-running and possibly in combat, seeing as he survived a fight with Robert and managed to recover the treasure) relatively similar to Altair's, so he must be considered an official assassin of some sorts, but once again, he's got all ten fingers. I'm not trying to create some sort of conspiracy, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this or knows anything about it.

M-dahaka
09-24-2008, 07:59 AM
i noticed this too, but i just think it something they forgot to bring in there. Kind of stupid i know, since Jade said his missing finger was to JOIN the assassins, but no other assassin was missing a finger, but hey, they're only people so they can forget things.

AskThePizzaGuy
09-24-2008, 12:55 PM
That's one major flaw you've spotted, vanbuskurks. :/

drfeelgood8849
09-24-2008, 12:59 PM
does this really matter? i mean seriously its a video game guys. geez, i thought they were made to have fun.

M-dahaka
09-24-2008, 01:07 PM
it doesn't matter alot, but it's just kind weird.

Vendetta11
09-24-2008, 02:26 PM
http://www.blackfive.net/main/images/2008/02/21/confused.jpg

FYTJ
09-24-2008, 03:41 PM
"Anyone else missing a ring finger?"
My dad. His left one. (Really)

But seriously, it's not SUCH a big deal that no other assassin seems to be missing a ring finger. At least I don't feel like it is. If you really want to make sense of it then just try to believe only master assassins get it cut off. Or something else. After all, the Assassins are "shrouded in secrecy" according to the trailer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

blarson11
09-24-2008, 11:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FYTJ:
"Anyone else missing a ring finger?"
My dad. His left one. (Really) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my grandfather is missing his also. he lopped it off while working on a car.

vanbuskirks
09-25-2008, 01:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">does this really matter? i mean seriously its a video game guys. geez, i thought they were made to have fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know it's just a game, and I'm not trying to bash UBI or say that their game is flawed. I love this game, that's why I'm on its forums. This game, like the assassins in it, is full of secrecy, so every little 'discrepancy' I find warrants a bit of investigation. In fact, I feel like each little thing we find adds to the overall depth and complexity of the game as a whole. Anyway, good talk.

drfeelgood8849
09-25-2008, 03:08 AM
i wasnt meaning to bash you at all, im just saying, it doesnt affect gameplay at all does it? then dont worry about it.

AskThePizzaGuy
09-25-2008, 04:46 AM
In case nobody noticed, I was being sarcastic with my post. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif