PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Please Read! Slight spoilers

brance
11-15-2007, 08:19 AM
As an avid videogamer for the past 10 or so years of my life, i like to keep up with the latest in videogames. Needless to say, Assassins Creed was difficult to ignore. Upon recieving the game, I was incredibly disheartened to find out one thing. This game is void of subtitles. Why would you, Ubisoft opt to take out subtitles on a game that is so story driven? I am legally deaf, and quite frankly, the audio might as well be in spanish or french or something. I MIGHT hear 10% of what they say.

This just made no sense to me. This has effectively RUINED the game for me. I am just finished with my 3rd assassin, and still have pretty much no clue as to what the deal is with Myles, or any other characters (whose name i do not know!!!) I am not bashing Ubisoft, i played all the Splinter Cell games, and loved them all. (they all had subtitles too.) I just want you to know that a lifelong videogame fan, and ubisoft supporter, I was very disappointed. The game itself is awesome, graphically, and mechanically. It is just impossible for me to enjoy the experience when I am in the dark as the what is really going on.

brance
11-15-2007, 08:19 AM
As an avid videogamer for the past 10 or so years of my life, i like to keep up with the latest in videogames. Needless to say, Assassins Creed was difficult to ignore. Upon recieving the game, I was incredibly disheartened to find out one thing. This game is void of subtitles. Why would you, Ubisoft opt to take out subtitles on a game that is so story driven? I am legally deaf, and quite frankly, the audio might as well be in spanish or french or something. I MIGHT hear 10% of what they say.

This just made no sense to me. This has effectively RUINED the game for me. I am just finished with my 3rd assassin, and still have pretty much no clue as to what the deal is with Myles, or any other characters (whose name i do not know!!!) I am not bashing Ubisoft, i played all the Splinter Cell games, and loved them all. (they all had subtitles too.) I just want you to know that a lifelong videogame fan, and ubisoft supporter, I was very disappointed. The game itself is awesome, graphically, and mechanically. It is just impossible for me to enjoy the experience when I am in the dark as the what is really going on.

brance
11-15-2007, 11:11 AM
bump. I need to get my message out to the people!!

mulloc
11-15-2007, 11:13 AM
wow that really sux im sorry man

brance
11-15-2007, 11:16 AM
yes, it sucks big ole' fat ones.

mulloc
11-15-2007, 11:18 AM
lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Opticaly
11-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Is your balance bad?

mulloc
11-15-2007, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Opticaly:
Is your balance bad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf does balance have to do with it????
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

brance
11-15-2007, 11:22 AM
no, i actually am a college basketball player. My hearing loss is attributed to no hair or 'cilia'. The hairs on the drum and anvil are what vibrate, giving the senstation of sound. My balance is fine. My videogame is all messed up though.

Chaoscrash
11-15-2007, 11:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brance:
bump. I need to get my message out to the people!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey guys!

Yep , i speak english a bit so we need a <span class="ev_code_RED">*EDIT*</span> subtitle to we really enjoy this game. Thanks to Ubisoft.So please give an update for us with the subtitle(s) (at least english sub.)

*Do not by pass the forum language filter*

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2007, 11:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brance:
bump. I need to get my message out to the people!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Brance, I've not played it myself yet so didnt realise there were not any subtitles. I have forwarded the link to this thread to the right people http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Chaoscrash
11-15-2007, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I have forwarded the link to this thread to the right people http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay , thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif We are waiting for the official announcement about the subtitle with update or something else .

pillaysteven
11-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Although I'm not deaf I'm also disappointed in Ubisoft's decision to not include subtitles. Generally I play games with subtitles on because sometimes I might miss what they say or if someone is making noise or whatever I can still follow the story. In this day and age where every film and game has subtitles, they have no excuse whatsoever.

Even if they didn't have subtitles during the gameplay (ie. when navigating through the world and beggars talk to you etc) there is no reason whatsoever for them not to have subtitles for the eavesdropping missions, any cut-scenes and any scene at all that is at all important for driving the story forward.

Bad form Ubisoft.

abeed0786
11-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Just an FYI if you have played the game and see how much is going on ie NPC`s and everything else having it might be difficult esp int he streets for missions or quest i can understand.

Chaoscrash
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pillaysteven:
Although I'm not deaf I'm also disappointed in Ubisoft's decision to not include subtitles. Generally I play games with subtitles on because sometimes I might miss what they say or if someone is making noise or whatever I can still follow the story. In this day and age where every film and game has subtitles, they have no excuse whatsoever.

Even if they didn't have subtitles during the gameplay (ie. when navigating through the world and beggars talk to you etc) there is no reason whatsoever for them not to have subtitles for the eavesdropping missions, any cut-scenes and any scene at all that is at all important for driving the story forward.

Bad form Ubisoft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah! You are right , bro http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'm really hope that Ubisoft will see this thread and give us a subtitles :P

PaleProphet
11-15-2007, 01:03 PM
I also prefer to play games with the subtitles on

and i must admit that it surprises me too
that they didn't consider them when making the game
i would have thought it was just a standard for all games
i can't think of any that don't

iPlunder
11-15-2007, 01:26 PM
They could put 5 languages in but no subtitles?

brance
11-15-2007, 03:18 PM
bump

Cutts77
11-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Very good of you to point this out. I too play games with Subtitles all the time so I can keep track and not miss anything out. By the by, too bad about you being deaf.

brance
11-15-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm 20 years old, i'm fine with it. I'm not actually 'Deaf'. Legally deaf is like being 'Legally blind' Legally blind people can wear those thick glasses and be just fine. I wear tiny, minute hearing aids (sometimes) and am just fine. Thanks for all the support though. I just wanted a better videogame for all.

clownfish1485
11-15-2007, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pillaysteven:
Although I'm not deaf I'm also disappointed in Ubisoft's decision to not include subtitles. Generally I play games with subtitles on because sometimes I might miss what they say or if someone is making noise or whatever I can still follow the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm the same way and am really missing the subtitles. Maybe they can add it in a patch?

Altair778
11-15-2007, 04:33 PM
It would kind of depend on which parts they would convert inot subtitles. If you take down 3 enemies in quick succsession for example, they will all be cursing you and yelling at the same time. That really sucks man

brance
11-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm just concerned about during cutscenes. When you talk to the guy at the bureau, (whose name i do not know) or the 'head' of the assassins at the first (again, i don't know his name). Needless to say, I WOULD like to know their names at the very least!!