PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Request Summation

volkware.xyz
12-23-2004, 06:56 PM
An attempt to sum up everything desired in a fully featured dynamic campaign...

Full and complete tracking of player kills, A.I. kills, player assists, A.I. assists, with target types broken into air and ground/sea, further broken down into the specific target types.

Example: Air Kills - 5 I-153s, (next row) 1 Lag-3, (next row) 9 TB-3s etc.

Promotion and demotion of players, with appropriate powers over loadout and plane/flight choice. Those with high rank can make decisions about squadron and squadron outfitting.

Airfield selection. Players may choose which airfield they will fly from for each mission. Each airfield has a finite selection of aircraft available from which to choose, with resupply varying that selection over time. Aircraft are never taken away unless destroyed.

Wing leaders (high rank officers) may choose from bank of available missions which ones to fly.

Persistent assets. Fail to destroy the armour column and they will be the forces spearheading an advance in the next mission.

Persistent game world with calculated world events - an enemy strike mission may be underway just as the players ready to take off. Etc. .

7. Intelligence reports, recon reports (including contributions from you on previous missions!!) regarding enemy activity, some accurate, some generally accurate. Help players form plans about enemy operations and therefore priorities.

Example: Airfield X is the enemy staging area for the next offensive, so a bulk of their transport and bombing aircraft will be there fueling and loading up... .

Medal tracking/recording. Players should be able to view their awards as well as see the awards of other A.I. players.

Hovering the mouse cursor over a listed airplane in aircraft selection screens should give a pop-up listing its loadout.

Aircraft in aircraft selection screens should be organized into clear groupings according to squadron/mission. Its currently a bit of a jumble.

Non-flyable aircraft should be in the air as well, cooperating with players and working towards the same goals or not. Ditto for enemy non-flyables.

Sprite Infantry by the squad/platoon.

Soft targets for that excess of ground-pounder machinegun ammo. Infantry barrack strikes then become valid missions.

More buildings & structure targets... a recent mission told me to "destroy the factory complex". Getting to the target area, I eventually found only a flat courtyard in the middle of a village with some trucks in it - this is NOT a "factory complex" by any stretch of the imagination.

Having to overfly a major population center and identify a particular building for a strike is the ideal.

Allow drop-in players, where additional humans beyond the campaign allotment may play but merely do not have stats recorded (i.e. the casual flyers).

Track Ace kills.

Track points, both mission and total, and award a greater number of points for targets of exceptional skill i.e. a Veteran being worth more than a Rookie.

Award points for bringing your squadmates back from a mission alive.

Award points (deduct points?) for the condition of the aircraft of the player.

Civilian traffic, refugees, city activity (at least sprite people).

Progression of campaign based upon **degree** of player success... a player need not complete a mission 100% to beneficially affect the course of the war. Most real pilots would call it a day if after a couple of attempts (or even one) in hostile territory they nailed most of a target - "Good enough...".

Success or failure is relative and proportional.

volkware.xyz
12-23-2004, 06:56 PM
An attempt to sum up everything desired in a fully featured dynamic campaign...

Full and complete tracking of player kills, A.I. kills, player assists, A.I. assists, with target types broken into air and ground/sea, further broken down into the specific target types.

Example: Air Kills - 5 I-153s, (next row) 1 Lag-3, (next row) 9 TB-3s etc.

Promotion and demotion of players, with appropriate powers over loadout and plane/flight choice. Those with high rank can make decisions about squadron and squadron outfitting.

Airfield selection. Players may choose which airfield they will fly from for each mission. Each airfield has a finite selection of aircraft available from which to choose, with resupply varying that selection over time. Aircraft are never taken away unless destroyed.

Wing leaders (high rank officers) may choose from bank of available missions which ones to fly.

Persistent assets. Fail to destroy the armour column and they will be the forces spearheading an advance in the next mission.

Persistent game world with calculated world events - an enemy strike mission may be underway just as the players ready to take off. Etc. .

7. Intelligence reports, recon reports (including contributions from you on previous missions!!) regarding enemy activity, some accurate, some generally accurate. Help players form plans about enemy operations and therefore priorities.

Example: Airfield X is the enemy staging area for the next offensive, so a bulk of their transport and bombing aircraft will be there fueling and loading up... .

Medal tracking/recording. Players should be able to view their awards as well as see the awards of other A.I. players.

Hovering the mouse cursor over a listed airplane in aircraft selection screens should give a pop-up listing its loadout.

Aircraft in aircraft selection screens should be organized into clear groupings according to squadron/mission. Its currently a bit of a jumble.

Non-flyable aircraft should be in the air as well, cooperating with players and working towards the same goals or not. Ditto for enemy non-flyables.

Sprite Infantry by the squad/platoon.

Soft targets for that excess of ground-pounder machinegun ammo. Infantry barrack strikes then become valid missions.

More buildings & structure targets... a recent mission told me to "destroy the factory complex". Getting to the target area, I eventually found only a flat courtyard in the middle of a village with some trucks in it - this is NOT a "factory complex" by any stretch of the imagination.

Having to overfly a major population center and identify a particular building for a strike is the ideal.

Allow drop-in players, where additional humans beyond the campaign allotment may play but merely do not have stats recorded (i.e. the casual flyers).

Track Ace kills.

Track points, both mission and total, and award a greater number of points for targets of exceptional skill i.e. a Veteran being worth more than a Rookie.

Award points for bringing your squadmates back from a mission alive.

Award points (deduct points?) for the condition of the aircraft of the player.

Civilian traffic, refugees, city activity (at least sprite people).

Progression of campaign based upon **degree** of player success... a player need not complete a mission 100% to beneficially affect the course of the war. Most real pilots would call it a day if after a couple of attempts (or even one) in hostile territory they nailed most of a target - "Good enough...".

Success or failure is relative and proportional.

Luftcaca
12-23-2004, 07:40 PM
are you sure theres nothing else? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

volkware.xyz
12-25-2004, 03:05 AM
Heh - this *is* a summary of all such things...

Hovering your mouse cursor over a loadout gives a brief description pop-up of exactly what that loadout is i.e. the nature of the bomb/rocket/gunpods, at a glance. All in-game.

The ability to access the vehicle/aircraft/tank/ship library from the aircraft selection screen of a mission, during its preamble, *without* exitting the mission.

csThor
12-25-2004, 04:32 AM
Just a hint - no Squadron COmmander had the power to select an airfield. A unit was ordered to take a certain airfield as operation base.

sapre
12-25-2004, 05:27 AM
3 4 9 10 21 22
Is not necessary.
I agree to the rest.

volkware.xyz
12-26-2004, 03:28 PM
I realize that in the military no pilot had/has the run of the resources... but I`m speaking about what would be cool in this *game*. Having such accommodating set-up features supporting the simulation would be grand, especially for those of us who on occassion want to fly more casually and less historically. It would help get new players in too.