PDA

View Full Version : Calling P47 experts!

Mr_CobraStyle
01-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Started to fly this amazing plane about a month ago and I think that I'm getting a pretty good understanding of the tactics required and I'm starting to learn when to fight and when to run. But there's still some things I'm wondering about so here goes:

1. CEM, prop pitch. Auto? 100% or depending on alt, dive/climb?

2. Extra ammo. Will this affect the performance of the plane? Ie. the extra weight.

3. D22 vs D27. Why is it such a big difference in performance between these two? Shouldn't they be pretty much the same plane except the bubble canopy on the D27?

4. Radiator. I run with my open pretty much all the time to keep the engine as cool as possible until I engage the enemy. Will this take some performance away or is that balanced by keeping the engine cool?

Anyway... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cobra

Mr_CobraStyle
01-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Started to fly this amazing plane about a month ago and I think that I'm getting a pretty good understanding of the tactics required and I'm starting to learn when to fight and when to run. But there's still some things I'm wondering about so here goes:

2. Extra ammo. Will this affect the performance of the plane? Ie. the extra weight.

3. D22 vs D27. Why is it such a big difference in performance between these two? Shouldn't they be pretty much the same plane except the bubble canopy on the D27?

4. Radiator. I run with my open pretty much all the time to keep the engine as cool as possible until I engage the enemy. Will this take some performance away or is that balanced by keeping the engine cool?

Cobra

robban75
01-12-2006, 08:41 AM
I can help you with question 2 and 4. Yes, the extra ammo adds weight, which has an impact on climbrate. But it's no big deal. The extra ammo is worth it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Yes, opening the radiators increases drag which has an impact on the top speed, as well as dive and zoom performance. Planes usually loses some 20-30km/h in top speed with fully open rads.

Diablo310th
01-12-2006, 08:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_CobraStyle:

Cobra </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm no expert but it's about teh only plane I fly since it came out. Here's what i do

1. prop pitch on auto/100% unless diving steeply and wanting more speed in ur dive.

2. Always always extra ammo. Yes it adds weight but well worth having it.

3. D-27 or D 44 model for me. The visibilty is so much better.

4. run radiator closed. It takes a long time to fry that motor even after getting an overheat message. Besides teh radiator settings don't seem to be modeled very well right now. Keep it closed for speed. Speed and alt. are your life in a Jug.

Mr_CobraStyle
01-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Thx guys, just one follow-up question.

@Diablo310th

So I should just keep the pp at 100% unless I'm diving? And when I'm dving I shuould lower it? Or put it to auto?

thx again

Cobra

StellarRat
01-12-2006, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't bother with the prop pitch. Just leave it on auto all the time. I've experimented with it and it just doesn't help enough to bother fiddling with. My only tips are:

Set your guns to 125 meters.

Dive down and blast your enemy when his wingtips fill your gunsight circle.

Don't cruise below 4000m.

Don't dogfight with anyone. Just B and Z.

If you find yourself needing to turn more than about 90 degrees to engage break off and go back up.

If someone is on your six either dive away towards friendly lines or friendly aircraft (nothing can catch you in a dive) OR if they are far enough behind start climbing at about 320 KPH and keep climbing until you've dragged them over 8000 meters alt. You will be at least equal to almost any plane at this altitude.

Try to have a wingman at all times. Two 47's together are far more dangerous than two singles.

p1ngu666
01-12-2006, 02:02 PM
yeah take extra ammo, and u can split the guns, so i use 250 and 350 so i can take longer shots if needed, plus im normaly doing ground attack...

u can run the engine flat out for along time, but cool off when u can.

the series gets faster too, in the past when they had same engine power, d10 was best (apart from view)
now each one up has more power, thats why many ppl where disapointed with the p47late, cos the 27 was already pretty close http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Unknown-Pilot
01-12-2006, 02:39 PM
That's interesting.

I don't have data for those planes available, so I'm not sure what they should be or what they are modeled as in game, but it's just bizarre, and yet, sadly so typical, to see such a drastic change like that.

Although, depending on speeds, the D-10 ought to zoom better - no low pressure (high drag) area behind the canopy and no underwing pylons. So kph for kph it ought to be better.

Then again, that center bar wasn't an issue in reality like it is for us. Just more typical ****. :/

p1ngu666
01-12-2006, 02:56 PM
later ones have more power to offset the extra drag and weight of there fat carcasses http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif