PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Jex_TG
04-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Against a Zero and a Ki-84?

Warbirds server for PF Stand alone has various planes on the US side. The F4u-1, F6 something, P40-E 1941, the one with the manual gear up (wildcat?), P38-L, P51.

It seems only the P38 will outrun the Ki-84 convincingly, other planes seem to struggle.

As far as I've read, the US planes have the power, and the Jap planes have the manuoverability. So on an acceleration basis, who wins?

I've tried trying to outdistance a Ki-84 before, but find it hard pressed to do so. I usually get shot down in the process, and diving for speed (which I thought the US planes did better), doesn't seem to help.

In turning fights, I seem to have the best success with the p40-E, 1941, but it's still not good enough. Most of my kills come from sneaking up on those pilots that fly in a straight line - but I don't want to get my kills in that way.

If I try boom and zoom, what height above should I dive from (is 1000ft above my opponent enough?), and I assume I take a snap shot, and then pull up?

But how much do I pull up? Do I go for a shallow climg up, or almost vertical - does it make any difference.

IS there a site that give the turning circles for PF and corner speed? Should a P51 out turn a Ki 84 or zero?

Many questions but this is an area of gaming that you just can't learn in a week or even a month! lol

Thx all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JG53Frankyboy
04-08-2005, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jex_TG:
................... Most of my kills come from sneaking up on those pilots that fly in a straight line - but I don't want to get my kills in that way.

.......... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the most kills in real were that way

Jex_TG
04-08-2005, 09:54 AM
That may be the case, but I don't learn anything that way. As a result, when it come to the crunch, I'll loose each time if I make sucker shots all the time and then come across someone who know's there stuff.

Targ
04-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Simple, never let your speed get below 250 MPH or 400 KPH and do not turn more than 45 degrees with an Axis plane in a dogfight.
Extend fully 3KM before turning when you have a bad guy on your six.
Energy is your best friend, slow and low in a turn fight and you will get shot down often.

Jex_TG
04-08-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm looking more for info against Axis planes. I seem to do OK in zero's and Ki-84's because everyone insists on getting into a turning fight with them.

Targ
04-08-2005, 10:32 AM
That is advice against axis planes, any plane for that matter as energy is life.