PDA

View Full Version : I want an anchor just like the AI have!

Xnomad
03-08-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that the AI has some amazing ability to slow down very quickly. What's the model doing? Is the AI model dropping the throttle decreasing prop pitch, side slipping and opening flaps all at incredible speed or what? I sometimes think the guy has thrown out an anchor as I zoom past him. I've cut my throttle and side slipped hard and still don't slow down in time.

In addition I noticed they have much better negative G bunting ability I can't repeat what they do, they push the stick down and even if I'm flying the same kind of plane I can't keep up and I have to split S to follow them.

I suppose I'm whining about this as I've been playing nothing but QMB against AI for the last week as there isn't a good game online as everyone has different versions of the game.

I'd also like to see the little b@stards black out once in a while as simulating high alttitude dogfights they always have the advantage at speed as they don't black out. Try a dogfight in fast planes e.g. P-51 vs Fw 190 D at 4000 meters and see what I mean.

Oh and don't get me started on my wingman! "I'll be right there" he never is, I think he's actually in the pub half the time. Why can't he be more like the enemies wingman? The best is when you start a QMB mission and ask him to cover you, then you start getting shot at by some bandit and he says "Number 1 bandit on your 6 o'clock" , "I know you stupid AI wingman but where the hell are you?" He's been chasing the Russian women on the ground or something.

Then I fire at some target and notice that I'm being shot at, but oh it's number 3 trying to shoot my target. Number 3 is notorious for stealing my kills! Arggh I want to courtmartial the lot of them! Usually after a succesful QMB I shoot down my wing just to get them back for their incompetence!

http://www.xnomad.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sig.jpg

Xnomad
03-08-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that the AI has some amazing ability to slow down very quickly. What's the model doing? Is the AI model dropping the throttle decreasing prop pitch, side slipping and opening flaps all at incredible speed or what? I sometimes think the guy has thrown out an anchor as I zoom past him. I've cut my throttle and side slipped hard and still don't slow down in time.

In addition I noticed they have much better negative G bunting ability I can't repeat what they do, they push the stick down and even if I'm flying the same kind of plane I can't keep up and I have to split S to follow them.

I suppose I'm whining about this as I've been playing nothing but QMB against AI for the last week as there isn't a good game online as everyone has different versions of the game.

I'd also like to see the little b@stards black out once in a while as simulating high alttitude dogfights they always have the advantage at speed as they don't black out. Try a dogfight in fast planes e.g. P-51 vs Fw 190 D at 4000 meters and see what I mean.

Oh and don't get me started on my wingman! "I'll be right there" he never is, I think he's actually in the pub half the time. Why can't he be more like the enemies wingman? The best is when you start a QMB mission and ask him to cover you, then you start getting shot at by some bandit and he says "Number 1 bandit on your 6 o'clock" , "I know you stupid AI wingman but where the hell are you?" He's been chasing the Russian women on the ground or something.

Then I fire at some target and notice that I'm being shot at, but oh it's number 3 trying to shoot my target. Number 3 is notorious for stealing my kills! Arggh I want to courtmartial the lot of them! Usually after a succesful QMB I shoot down my wing just to get them back for their incompetence!

http://www.xnomad.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sig.jpg

horseback
03-08-2004, 03:17 PM
I've found that repeating the mission and then shooting the offending bast@rd AI wingman down a couple of times has a salutory effect. He might not behave any better (but he usually does), but I certainly feel better for having done it.

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

zugfuhrer
03-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Dont play the QMB, I dont like the AI there. Build yourself a Full mission instead. I think that the AI is different there.
Oleg claims that the AI dont fly so they black out, but I have never flown with a AI-pilot but the rolls and turns that a I-16 or I-153 would black me out. The AI dont overspeed either. I flew a Lagg3 and my plane where tearn apart by overspeed but he flew on.
Get online instead and play there