PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Fighters question

Dutchfalcon46
12-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Firtst of all I don't have any problems playing
PF, I do have a few questiuons for you all.

1.In many reviews I see screenshots from aircraft carriers with litle gunners and sailors in it, but in my game wenn I play PF I don't see them. Is that because of a setup somewhere? or what. It ca't be videocard I have a GeForce 5950 Ultra. and a Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz with 2 Ghz DDR Ram.

2. Wenn I fly single play campaign missions sometimes at the start of my mission just wenn my mission finnished loading my airplane explodes. Meaning I cannot finnish that campaign. So far it happened in 2 campaigs a) the japanese seeplane in 4?? mission and in a campaaign were i fly an P40 you have to take off from a beach. (in this 1 my hole squad explodes).

If anybody have the same experience please let me know thenn I can make a bug report about this.

Already many thanks.

S 8
12-08-2004, 06:53 AM
From read me.
PF includes 3d models of human gunners manning most of our guns on ground and sea objects, such as ship and land-based flak and artillery guns, drivers and other troops inside trucks and amphibious assault vehicles, etc. However these objects cause a decrease in game's frames per second when shown, especially when related to large ships such as aircraft carrier which can have a hundred or more of these gunners in close proximity.

Therefore we've made this feature turned off by default.

If you wish to turn it on, you'll need to open the conf.ini file inside your game's root directory with notepad, locate the
[game]
section, and insert the following line there:
3dgunners=1
If the line already exists and you wish to turn the feature off, replace the 1 with a 0, i.e
3dgunners=0

The other problem I cant say anything about.I have not flown a campaign yet.

F0_Dark_P
12-08-2004, 06:56 AM
tryed to put in Open Gl as video mode and then perfect setting under landscape detail then you should se the sailors and sharks etc, and the other thing that the plains explode, i think that is a bug or something, it was worse before but i still se plains that spontaneous explode etc, just yesterday when i was flying the ai pilot in front of me just explode on the landing strip, very annoying so we all had to go around him on out on the grass http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

JR_Greenhorn
12-08-2004, 07:07 AM
Here is a thread about fixing campaign problems:
http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=006393#000000
I think it is related to different problems than you have, but its worth looking into

|Exciter|
12-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Hmm exploding planes when you end a mission?
Never had that. Maybe you have bomb release assigned to your esc key? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gifTho yes it might be "bug"

GoldenEagleFM
12-08-2004, 02:56 PM
I just discovered this 3dgunner=1 parameter. It was not in my conf.ini file so I added it. Excellent. It gives more life and realism to artillery and ships. It also populates with soldiers the barges, amphibious tanks et various moving objects. It is a pity that it does not add soldiers to the howitzers or say the big artillery pieces.

Anyway I was wondering after all what am I still missing. What else. What other hidden parameters exist that could increase the scene realism but that Oleg has taken away to increase framerate or other reasons.

Is there an exhaustive list of all existing parameters and their effect. If yes where to find it.

Regarding the object list It is a pity that the crates (those that can be launched by plane) do not exist as an object. Same for the soldiers. It would be nice to have a soldier object.

Gold

Troll2k
12-08-2004, 03:05 PM
The 3dgunner is not really a hidden setting since it is in the readme for all to see.