PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Stand alone game/dedicated server

nakedjd
02-24-2005, 09:18 AM
HI
I was requested by friends to get IL2 so we could mutually play online. The only problem was il2 in a new box is no longer sold. I found a used copy but it has been registered and I cannot play online. This is the first half of my problem.

I have a partial solution to this problem but i am again at a brick wall. If i were to host a dedicated server and join it via a lan game then my friends can join my dedicated server.
The problem is i cannot see a an il2 standalone ded server software in your dowm load page nor can i see which is the most current version of the dedicated server software.With 3 games all mixed into the download page, il2 , fb, pf all with similar patch numbering systems it breeds confusion.
I run a ded server for hl, HL2,HLTDM, bf1942,mod DC,BFV. All are intuitive when it comes to patch version numbers and also all seperate.

1)Is there stand alone ded server software for IL2?
2) What version is IT and does it need patches?
3)where do i find this software?
4)Is there a way i can unregister my used game
so i can reregister and play online?

jd

http://nakedgaming.is.dreaming.org

nakedjd
02-24-2005, 09:18 AM
HI
I was requested by friends to get IL2 so we could mutually play online. The only problem was il2 in a new box is no longer sold. I found a used copy but it has been registered and I cannot play online. This is the first half of my problem.

I have a partial solution to this problem but i am again at a brick wall. If i were to host a dedicated server and join it via a lan game then my friends can join my dedicated server.
The problem is i cannot see a an il2 standalone ded server software in your dowm load page nor can i see which is the most current version of the dedicated server software.With 3 games all mixed into the download page, il2 , fb, pf all with similar patch numbering systems it breeds confusion.
I run a ded server for hl, HL2,HLTDM, bf1942,mod DC,BFV. All are intuitive when it comes to patch version numbers and also all seperate.

1)Is there stand alone ded server software for IL2?
2) What version is IT and does it need patches?
3)where do i find this software?
4)Is there a way i can unregister my used game
so i can reregister and play online?

jd

http://nakedgaming.is.dreaming.org

FoolTrottel
02-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi,
I'm not sure a dedicated server exists for the Original IL2.
Well, to be honest, I do not think so. As you state you cannot find one... I can't either...

Un-Register/Register a copy of IL2 ?
I wouldn't know an answer to that problem.

But, you can try using Hyperlobby (http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz),
There is a 'Game-Room' for IL2-Sturmovik.... (pretty empty room though...)
The IL2 Manual (PDF file, Page65) has instructions to setup a 'New Server'.

Have fun!

Troll2k
02-24-2005, 01:17 PM
The first dedicated software that was available was for Forgotten Battles.Version 1.11(v1.22 being the last for FB).Every time a game patch came out there was also a server patch to match.When AEP became available the dedicated server software jumped to version 2.0.With each game patch came a matching server patch.(up to 2.04).So if you wanted to run an AEP server you needed the base 1.11 software and all of the patches up to 2.04.

Then comes alone PF.It was slightly different as it allows two types of installs.Merged(FB+AEP+PF) and standalone.If you wanted to run a PF merged install you needed the 3.0M dedicated software to go on top of the 2.04 you already had.However at this point 1C did provide an all in 1 updated 2.04 sever as a new base.So if you did not have the dedicated software before all you needed to start was the 2.04 version and not the 1.11 and all the patches.At this point to run a dedicated merged install you need the 3.0M+ 3.03M + 3.04M.

To run a dedicated standalone server you need the base 2.04 server software plus the 3.0(No suffix) +3.03 + 3.04

All the dedicated software can be found at http://www.3dgamers.com

Both Hyperlobby and Ubi.com have original IL2 rooms but if you can not get on line that is not much use.

Kazimierz.
02-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Start a solo game, from there hit the start a multiplayer game, from there hit make new server, send out the IP to your friends, wait for them to join and then launch the game.
No need to unregister the game at all

nakedjd
04-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Well sorry resurect an old thread, but i have decided to take the plunge and buy forgotten battles. I have also found and have set up a dedicated server curent version 2.04.
As far as i know server launches and is running.
The ubi il2fb lobby shows my server running and my current version it says is compatible, however when i join the game i get an error saying my version is not compatible.
I can join other online servers no problem with my client but my server no go.I have my dedicated server running on my lan network(different computer)
and i have tried joining from both inside and outside my network. I do not believ anyone else can join it either. and ideas ? or help pages?

jd

Troll2k
04-18-2005, 02:25 PM
The dedicated server runs in a dos box on a seperate machine.It will say what version when it boots up.

You can not host from behind a router on Ubi.com but you can at HyperLobby.

You should have no problem hosting on a lan.You just have to forward your port(21000) to your server's internal ip.Direct ip should also be no problem provided your router is set up correctly.