RaVe_N
12-16-2007, 08:21 AM
were do I find this setting?
I dont see it.
Thanks
Rave

JG52Uther
12-16-2007, 08:25 AM
In your conf.ini file in your main game folder.

LEBillfish
12-16-2007, 09:09 AM
From a discussion roughly 2 months ago.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FoolTrottel:
From Readme_408m.rtf:

The server can now check for changes on the client-side game modules, i.e. ensure the modules were not modified. To enable the check, a new key was added to the conf.ini file.

In order to set the client-side verification parameters you will need to manually edit the conf.ini file located in your main game folder before launching the game. Open the file with a text editor, find the [NET] section and in the checkRuntime = line write in either 0 or 1 (or 2), then save the file. If the checkRuntime = line does not exist in your conf.ini file, add it to the end of the [NET] section.

checkRuntime=0-no check is made (default);
checkRuntime=1-quick check;
checkRuntime=2-comprehensive check.

NOTE: during the comprehensive check, if the client runs a different OS version from the client, the check may identify the OS differences as changes in game modules.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlickStick:
OK, LEBillfish, here we go. As I have a tendency to be a bit "rambly", I'll keep it as short and sweet as possible. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Here is my [NET] and [MaxLag] section of my conf.ini file, which can be edited via Notepad as you know. These are the sections where the three anti-cheat tools reside. Remember, make sure that there are no returns or extra characters within any given conf.ini line or at the end of a conf.ini line.

[NET]
speed=5000
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=5
localPort=21000
remotePort=21000
SkinDownload=0
serverName=No Name
serverDescription=
remoteHost=
localHost=
socksHost=
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1
checkTimeSpeedDifferense=0.02
checkTimeSpeedInterval=2
checkRuntime=2

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=0.5
nearMaxLagTime=0.5
cheaterWarningDelay=3.0
cheaterWarningNum=3

These two lines enable the speed check. They must be set to "1". This is the check for speed hack and checks the difference in game speed between the host and clients:

checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1

These two lines are the values that you can set the speed check to. The spelling is correct and the "Differense" must be entered in decimal form with the first 0. Mine is set for 2 secs, 2%. This allows someone's game speed to be 2% faster or slower than mine, for 2 secs:

checkTimeSpeedDifferense=0.02
checkTimeSpeedInterval=2

This is the line that checks the file version in V4.08. It does not detect all mods and as Oleg stated, it will be fixed in V4.09. See Fool's post above from the V4.08 ReadMe about the settings:

checkRuntime=2

The lines in the [MaxLag] section set the maximum amount of packet loss that the host will tolerate from a client before it sets off the "Cheating has been detected" message and eventually autokicks, if WarningNum is set to a number:

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=0.5
nearMaxLagTime=0.5
cheaterWarningDelay=3.0
cheaterWarningNum=3

The times for the first three are in seconds and the WarningNum is the amount of messages before a client is autokicked from the server. The explanation for this section is in the current manual on page 50.

The delay is the amount of time allowed between instances to allow a connect to settle down and not give multiple messages on one event of packet loss.

Mine is set for 0.5 seconds near and far, with a delay of 3 seconds between warnings and autokick on three warnings. For MaxLag settings, you have to take into account who will be flying on your server, but as long as they have no packet loss, high pings shouldn't have a problem. A 500-800mS ping gent flew with me for two hours once with no issues.

Now, there are most certainly honest reasons why the "cheating" message can appear from game freezes to hardware bottlenecks. That is why you should also set the three cheating message lines in your "netmessages.properties" file, found in the i18n folder off of the main IL2 folder, to add the proper {0} in front of each message line as such:

user_cheating1 {0} Loser has been detected!
user_cheating2 {0} Cheatskank has been detected!
user_cheating3 {0} Maybe lag has been detected!

This will show you the name of the pilot setting off the message in the chat bar. It is a local setting, so all who want to see the name must modify their netmessages as well. This is a good way to see who it is and maybe help them work out their connection issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JG52Uther
12-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks LEB,that explains it better than me.
Important to note that CRT=2 will cause problems for people with other operating systems to the host,such as W2K,ME,etc.

RaVe_N
12-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Thank you..
forgott I needed to add it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Its time to make some server changes,In light of more testing online... my veiws of the mod have changed... more to come..
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif