PDA

View Full Version : what happened to my Dgen campaign??

beNdeR__
09-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey everyone, I've been playing Il-2 for nearly 2 years, mostly offline, but online occasionally as well. Recently I've been playing the USN fighter dgen campaign, and was planning to do it from start to finish. My install is a stock, cherry 4.08m, no mods, not even any custom campaigns. I had just finished the 4th segment of the campaign (Santa Cruz I believe) after 29 sorties, and should have been starting the Tarawa segment, 1943, with a hellcat. Instead, I ended up in Okinawa in 1945, flying a P40M.

Confused, I flew the mission (with the same squadmates as all along, but curiously in a different navy squadron, and yet from a ground airbase), and after completing it, the game now says my campaign is 100% complete. wtf.

This is annoying, as I was actually got the hang of using the wildcat, having scored 50 kills in 29 missions, and was looking forward to moving on the the hellcat. Can anyone tell me what happened, and is there any way I can reverse it?

Thanks!!

bender.

beNdeR__
09-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey everyone, I've been playing Il-2 for nearly 2 years, mostly offline, but online occasionally as well. Recently I've been playing the USN fighter dgen campaign, and was planning to do it from start to finish. My install is a stock, cherry 4.08m, no mods, not even any custom campaigns. I had just finished the 4th segment of the campaign (Santa Cruz I believe) after 29 sorties, and should have been starting the Tarawa segment, 1943, with a hellcat. Instead, I ended up in Okinawa in 1945, flying a P40M.

Confused, I flew the mission (with the same squadmates as all along, but curiously in a different navy squadron, and yet from a ground airbase), and after completing it, the game now says my campaign is 100% complete. wtf.

This is annoying, as I was actually got the hang of using the wildcat, having scored 50 kills in 29 missions, and was looking forward to moving on the the hellcat. Can anyone tell me what happened, and is there any way I can reverse it?

Thanks!!

bender.

Zeus-cat
09-05-2009, 11:15 PM
I am by no means an expert, but I believe that once the campaign advances that is it; there is no going back. Your only chance at recovery is if you saved the campaign files at some point. You might be able to go back to that point and pick it up again from there. However, you probably didn't save a copy of the files as there really is no reason to do so.