PDA

View Full Version : Question about upcoming patch and system performance

CRSutton
05-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Although, I am excited about the patch, I understand that the system requirments are going to demand more. I have about stretched my old AMD 1.6 chip to the max. Got a 9800 pro and 1 gig of ram. So far it is still working fine but will this older chip have trouble with the patch? Am I looking for trouble loading it until I upgrade my system next year?

CRSutton
05-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Although, I am excited about the patch, I understand that the system requirments are going to demand more. I have about stretched my old AMD 1.6 chip to the max. Got a 9800 pro and 1 gig of ram. So far it is still working fine but will this older chip have trouble with the patch? Am I looking for trouble loading it until I upgrade my system next year?

Capt.LoneRanger
05-27-2005, 11:29 AM
According to people on HyperLobby, the loss in FPS is minimal. Can't say first hand, though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Tallyho1961
05-27-2005, 02:18 PM
I've seen quite a few answers to your question spread across these forums and over at SimHQ and the gist seems to be that there is not much of a hit, if any, unless some new weather effects - assuming they become part of the official patch - are enabled by the user.