PDA

View Full Version : Ok, ubisoft...

shinigamihedge
09-18-2009, 03:31 PM
I’m a life-long fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so when I heard your promises about bringing oldschool fans with those newly introduced to the series, to celebrate 25 years of the famous franchise through a game, I couldn’t have been happier.

Turns out, I’m also a HUGE Super Smash Bros. fan, so the fighting engine chosen for
this game really appealed to me…

I was excited about the game… I was hyped, when almost all of the internet said how this game would downright suck. I wouldn’t believe it… After all, anything that had 25 years of turtle history was bound to be good, and with a Super Smash Bros. engine, where could it go wrong!?

… Enter YOU.

In what part did you go wrong? When did you decide that the idea of including THREE RABBIDS on a game celebrating TMNT HISTORY was a good idea?

I mean, people rolled their eyes on the inclusion of ONE rabbid, why did you have to give us THREE!? You do realize that this does nothing but cause more damage to your beloved Raving Rabbids franchise, don’t you?

This was honest to god going to be my FIRST Ubisoft purchase… I had read a lot of bad things about you guys… but this, my would’ve been first Ubisoft purchase, is a complete disaster. An insult to TMNT fans, an insult to Smash Bros. fans… a slap to the face to the people who trusted you. The only reason I trusted you is because I thought

“Hey, it’s a 25th anniversary game, just toss in characters and stages from all around the TMNT universe throughout these years… how hard could it be?”
… well!? How hard can it be?

Outside some Movie-based stages (oh, and the pinnacle of your marketing campaign, the Technodrome Stage), most stages were insipidly generic.

And characters… I don’t know just how desperate you can be, to stick up those rabbids in everyone’s noses, but there’s a limit to how out of touch a person can be.

Were Rabbids THAT highly requested that you guys had to go “out of your way” on bringing an enjoyable game fit for all fans, to think up moves for THREE Rabbids? Characters which don’t even belong to the TMNT universe?
Were you that desperate to raise their popularity?

Never in my life have I seen such a terrible treatment to loyal followers from any company… You practically LIED to the fans with all your promises about a game that brings both old and new fans together through this game.

What, did you expect the 80’s cartoon fans to sit on the couch and sigh at the pictures included of the old cartoon in the game? Is THAT your idea of pleasing all fans? Because if it is, I don’t know what you guys are doing with the TMNT license.

This is probably the last bit I have to say here in these Ubisoft forums… I am severly displeased… This was going to be my first Ubisoft game (and TMNT game in a long long time) and you blew it…

For a fan that has been ¼ pleased... I’ll only buy the game at ¼ the price. And that’s a big MAYBE, because there are other titles calling my attention at the moment, who DELIVER their promises.

May you learn from your mistakes, live up to your promises next time, and please future followers.

It pains me to act like this in front of newfound friends here... but this is something I feel I must do. And if there's a price to be paid so that next time this franchise gets the RESPECT it deserves, then so be it.

Sincerely:

Shinigamihedge,
“Just another whiner”

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/daijin/Siggy2.gif

shinigamihedge
09-18-2009, 03:31 PM
I’m a life-long fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so when I heard your promises about bringing oldschool fans with those newly introduced to the series, to celebrate 25 years of the famous franchise through a game, I couldn’t have been happier.

Turns out, I’m also a HUGE Super Smash Bros. fan, so the fighting engine chosen for
this game really appealed to me…

I was excited about the game… I was hyped, when almost all of the internet said how this game would downright suck. I wouldn’t believe it… After all, anything that had 25 years of turtle history was bound to be good, and with a Super Smash Bros. engine, where could it go wrong!?

… Enter YOU.

In what part did you go wrong? When did you decide that the idea of including THREE RABBIDS on a game celebrating TMNT HISTORY was a good idea?

I mean, people rolled their eyes on the inclusion of ONE rabbid, why did you have to give us THREE!? You do realize that this does nothing but cause more damage to your beloved Raving Rabbids franchise, don’t you?

This was honest to god going to be my FIRST Ubisoft purchase… I had read a lot of bad things about you guys… but this, my would’ve been first Ubisoft purchase, is a complete disaster. An insult to TMNT fans, an insult to Smash Bros. fans… a slap to the face to the people who trusted you. The only reason I trusted you is because I thought

“Hey, it’s a 25th anniversary game, just toss in characters and stages from all around the TMNT universe throughout these years… how hard could it be?”
… well!? How hard can it be?

Outside some Movie-based stages (oh, and the pinnacle of your marketing campaign, the Technodrome Stage), most stages were insipidly generic.

And characters… I don’t know just how desperate you can be, to stick up those rabbids in everyone’s noses, but there’s a limit to how out of touch a person can be.

Were Rabbids THAT highly requested that you guys had to go “out of your way” on bringing an enjoyable game fit for all fans, to think up moves for THREE Rabbids? Characters which don’t even belong to the TMNT universe?
Were you that desperate to raise their popularity?

Never in my life have I seen such a terrible treatment to loyal followers from any company… You practically LIED to the fans with all your promises about a game that brings both old and new fans together through this game.

What, did you expect the 80’s cartoon fans to sit on the couch and sigh at the pictures included of the old cartoon in the game? Is THAT your idea of pleasing all fans? Because if it is, I don’t know what you guys are doing with the TMNT license.

This is probably the last bit I have to say here in these Ubisoft forums… I am severly displeased… This was going to be my first Ubisoft game (and TMNT game in a long long time) and you blew it…

For a fan that has been ¼ pleased... I’ll only buy the game at ¼ the price. And that’s a big MAYBE, because there are other titles calling my attention at the moment, who DELIVER their promises.

May you learn from your mistakes, live up to your promises next time, and please future followers.

It pains me to act like this in front of newfound friends here... but this is something I feel I must do. And if there's a price to be paid so that next time this franchise gets the RESPECT it deserves, then so be it.

Sincerely:

Shinigamihedge,
“Just another whiner”

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/daijin/Siggy2.gif

smashupsux
09-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Ok I've been looking at this forum for a while, and I just now registered so I can show my support for shinigamihedge and everyone else who is ready to rage against Ubisoft. Only the most sycophantic idiot would defend this sorry excuse for a turtle game at this point. I just want to tell Ubisoft directly that they can add me to the list of people that will boycott this game, and it's not because they added in the rabbids. It's because of what they DIDN'T add in.

TuxedoMoroboshi
09-18-2009, 08:29 PM
As I've said before, even if awesome characters like Rat King, Armaggon, Chrome Dome, Slash, Tatsu, Triceraton, or Leatherhead aren't in the game... I might still buy this game if at the very least, Bebop and Rocksteady (THE most requested characters for this game) were in this game. But it's pretty clear that when Ubisoft said they'd be celebrating 25 years of TMNT history, they clearly only meant the last 6 years.

The comic book inspired story mode is cool, as is the Technodrome stage and old-school logo. But they're not enough to make this game one that lives up to the bold claim of celebrating the past 25 years. There should have been more equality between the universes, rather than seeming like a game that almost exclusively 2k7 characters with a few 2k3 ones here and there. The fact that you didn't even consider Archie's TMNT at all pretty much tossed a bunch of old fan favorite characters out the window.

Like many other people, I felt lied to. This game doesn't celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the TMNT. Not at all. It merely only targets TMNT fans as a means to advertise the Raving Rabbids while riding on Smash Bros' coattails (and quite blatantly at that). This is not the "TMNT game for all the fans" that UbiSoft promised us.

Rat_King
09-20-2009, 07:26 PM
My thoughts exactly. And the thoughts of many TMNT fans. I would love to hear a response from Ubisoft to all of us "whiners".

T-rav27
09-20-2009, 07:38 PM
I cant stand that people are calling us whinners for complaining about how badly they screwed up at this game....Seriously i have never been lied to like this from a game developer so badly.....