PDA

View Full Version : Did you know that guards can play dead?

Crash_Plague
01-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Well, not sure if this is intended as a type of deception put in by the developers, or just a glitch, but it's fun anyways.

Okay, so this only like happened to me like 3 or 4 times.

When I was fighting a single guard, they just died after one hit.

I used eagle vision and they did not glow up nor did their faces twitch in pain (like when someone is dieing on the ground). Just a blank face.

Then I noticed that I could still target onto the "body".

I targeted it, and used to hidden blade to stab him, and then I heard like a huge scream.

So, do you guys think that this is just a strange random glitch, or actually like a hidden thing that Ubisoft put in there?

This has repeated a few times now, that is why I am starting to think that this is really part of the game and the guards are playing dead.

Crash_Plague
01-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Well, not sure if this is intended as a type of deception put in by the developers, or just a glitch, but it's fun anyways.

Okay, so this only like happened to me like 3 or 4 times.

When I was fighting a single guard, they just died after one hit.

I used eagle vision and they did not glow up nor did their faces twitch in pain (like when someone is dieing on the ground). Just a blank face.

Then I noticed that I could still target onto the "body".

I targeted it, and used to hidden blade to stab him, and then I heard like a huge scream.

So, do you guys think that this is just a strange random glitch, or actually like a hidden thing that Ubisoft put in there?

This has repeated a few times now, that is why I am starting to think that this is really part of the game and the guards are playing dead.

Paladin_1962
01-17-2008, 03:20 PM
They weren't dead, nor playing dead. It was simply their time to take a nap.

McMasterJ
01-17-2008, 03:33 PM
I noticed if you kill a guard without countering they fall down and wince in pain. But after a little while they stop. But are still alive, which is what your seeing. And then they die on there own. (I just stood infront of a guard while he was on the ground and whatched him die.) You lock on while hes wincing and eventually hell stop, then after another little while you auto unlock. He is than dead from blood loss or trama. But I don't know, im not a docter.

Crash_Plague
01-17-2008, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McMasterJ:
I noticed if you kill a guard without countering they fall down and wince in pain. But after a little while they stop. But are still alive, which is what your seeing. And then they die on there own. (I just stood infront of a guard while he was on the ground and whatched him die.) You lock on while hes wincing and eventually hell stop, then after another little while you auto unlock. He is than dead from blood loss or trama. But I don't know, im not a docter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, but that's what I'm trying to say. There was no wincing at all, they just fell "dead" after one hit.

McMasterJ
01-17-2008, 07:57 PM
You probly just caught the end part. Attacked him, he fell and you attacked someone else, than when you came back to him, he was stopped.
I dont know what you mean though, im just saying when I see guards "play dead" its usually that.

Skaevola
01-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah, that happens a lot. You've incapacitated them, but they're not dead. That's when you go in for the assassination!
It's not a glitch or anything, it just takes 'em a minute to die. It'll happen after almost any big battle.