PDA

View Full Version : did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

ronster2011
06-10-2011, 05:33 AM
To remake far cry 2 in a far cry 1 environment would be insane in a very bad way...

yep Ubisoft remake far cry 1 and make it even better than the original, story driven and linear for single player

Thanks

ronster2011
06-10-2011, 05:33 AM
To remake far cry 2 in a far cry 1 environment would be insane in a very bad way...

yep Ubisoft remake far cry 1 and make it even better than the original, story driven and linear for single player

Thanks

CaptainDEEZ
06-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Is it just me or is Far Cry 3 making that statement a direct mock of the Call of Duty franchise?
I think it's great if they are.

I was a fan of the CoD series, but it's really starting to get lame and repetitive.

killa_677
06-10-2011, 06:13 PM
I hope it's making fun of Call of Duty in some way. I was as well a fan of COD for some time but after MW2 came out I never bought anything COD-related ever and I don't plan to ever do so again.

k4Anarky2011
06-10-2011, 06:32 PM
if FC3 ever turn to the linear, FC1 route, I will probably never buy another Ubisoft game again for the rest of my life. No offense, but Instinct Predator was fun for like the first playthrough
Im still playing Far Cry 2 and still having fun with setting everything on fire
We clearly are taking sides here in this forum

Brimtown
06-10-2011, 08:42 PM
One might also say that a form of insanity is complaining about a game that's still more than a year out without really knowing much of the details...

The E3 video said it's going to be an "open world" game, so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of doubt.

ronster2011
06-11-2011, 04:51 AM
There is nothing wrong with a game being open world but what this game needs to stay away from is the wandering / driving about aimlessly if you want to progress the story if this title has one unlike far cry 2.

A story based on insane people on a tropical Island does not wet my pallette enough at present go here and shoot those insane people is going to be an failure of enormous proportions...

If you take a game like Unchartered 2 for instance you care about the characters in the game and the story drives you through and you want to know how it will end thus driving you forward to complete the game like also far cry 1 it had twists in the plot and went somwhere with it's story and was executed reasonably well
and had a decent single player mode which installed a sence of mystery.

The producer has already defended the previous abomination that was far cry 2 saying it was a "Great Game" so I believe he want's to make this so called great game but in a tropical paradise aka far cry 1... He did not say far cry 1 was a great game in the interview on Aus gamers and basically he needs to put his foot in his mouth because if it was not for far cry 1 then he would not be even doing this job right now so go figure that.

Good graphics and effects don't make for a good game single player.... Story and characters makes for a good game single player.

A plot driving you forwards through a story with twists and surprises make for an imersive experience not I am here and I will do what I want when I want how I want (not talking about the combat elements)

Enemy variation was good in far cry 1 bad in far cry 2 fact because no mutants

This is the key to the success of this title, I want to believe but, I cannot... If they put so much of their faith in their previous Far cry 2 system of gameplay regardless of the reviews it just did not work as a single player game may aswell of made it a MMO instead.

Far cry 1 worked hence the sequels, don't try to fix what aint broken

I feel that as good as the graphics look for this title it has an insane producer at it's helm also

LostGunner
06-11-2011, 05:55 AM
WOOwe what a rant! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

ronster2011 you will be the first one in line the day FC3 hits the shelves.

ronster2011
06-11-2011, 08:42 AM
No I will not be the first in line.....

put it this way if george lucas sold the rights to star wars and universal pictures made a movie with no real reference to the original source material, in fact just threw somthing together with people running about shooting lasers and put star wars on the front cover how do you think that would go down with the star wars fans.

I arrest my case this producer has already stated no mutants so no buy go make the next abomination of the far cry (not really far cry anymore series)

yes a far cry from what it was intended to be originally game over!!!

LostGunner
06-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Ok so you hate FC3, then why do you even post here??

Go play with your monsters somewhere else PLEASE.

Martythemerc
06-11-2011, 01:16 PM
The NON-linear(ness) and open world is what makes this game and FC2 worth playing - the ability to shape your own order of things and to explore and take on missions in any order in any way you want, thus making each time you play a new and different and far more interesting game experience. Linear games with set objectives in certain order are boring - almost automatic. The thought of having my hand held and "follow the sergeant" makes my stomach turn. This game was not meant or made for you Ronster.

Brimtown
06-11-2011, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LostGunner:
Ok so you hate FC3, then why do you even post here??

Go play with your monsters somewhere else PLEASE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's okay to voice critical opinions, as long as they're done so in a civil, non-flaming manner.

ronster2011
06-15-2011, 06:30 AM
Thanks for your replies, I do not hate Far Cry 2 it was just so boring, I really like far cry 1...

For me Far cry 2 was tedious all the travelling around with nothing to do between point A and B without being shot at by respawning super beings with the best sight and hearing ever (if they were facing the right way)...

I hope Far Cry 3 can return to it's roots, Stealth, Biology, science and some great story fine be an open world game but just not boring, if it cannot stay clear of this and not include what it was originally intended to be then it's not for me your absolutley right.

I would rather Far Cry than Call of Duty you are also correct on that count. Far cry 1 although linear never held your hand and told you how to do things you still made up your mind on how you approached the situations of combat it was a story however with a begining, middle and an end unlike Far cry 2, but the maps were huge and you could still explore the islands or enviroments which led to a load point. Which progressed the story.

The critisism is meant for the benefit of the title Far Cry 3, I said what I have to say now I go and we'll see what is offered at a later stage for the title far cry 3, If you never played Far cry 1, go and play it, you will not regret it, it is one of the best FPS Shooters ever to be made and would probably come 2nd place behind Half Life.

Enjoy!!

DapperHayden007
06-18-2011, 08:32 AM
My Definition Of Insanity is watching the same video over and over and over again, Ubi We need another video then again the gameplay video is awesome though

Hobodealer
06-18-2011, 09:59 AM
The way I see Far Cry 3, is the strong storyline of FC1 with the open world freedom of FC2. With some tweaks in between of course.

I loved Far Cry 2, I never found it boring. However I do see the point that there was nothing to do in between point A and point B. From what I've heard, Far Cry 3 looks to solve that. I've heard countless times the producers talk about how tehy're really creating a living world with more exploration and mystery. Rather than just the plain savannahs of Africa, this map has temples, caves, mountins and what looks like a more interesting underwater exploration. These new things are the features Far Cry 2 was missing in it's exploration.

Far Cry 2's storyline was rubbish, to be frank. However from the trailer I can see that Far Cry3's is going to be filled with mystery and twists. Insane characters always make for a good storyline.

bartje356
06-20-2011, 11:52 AM
i agree , farcry 3 ned to get a farcry 1 style and a farcry 2 style , farcry 1 for the good story line , and game experience we al love , the characters and farcry 2 from the gameplay ( but not the long driving around and the guard post i hate that xd ) and the open world . i just hope its gane be like that , but i dont want monsters in the game like zombies or somthing , insane poeple are cool and who dosent like poeple that says evry same thing al over again ? hey i forgot sometinhg , did i ever told u the definition of great games ? *kicks stone away* "god its farcry 3"