PDA

View Full Version : Ubi gives console owners the shaft

TreFacTor
02-07-2008, 10:17 AM
ASSASSIN'S CREED PC TO GET EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AN NEW WAYS TO EXPLORE WITH MORE OPEN ENVIROMENTS.
WTF... why can't we get some exclusive content for the early adopters who made this game a smash hit??? instead we get the silence of the assassin and his blade up our *** as the pc gets all the perks.

"Ubisoft has managed to slap hard the console fanboys all over the world and bring joy for the gamers who still believe that the PC systems are nothing but the best thing to run a game on: Assassin's Creed, Director's Cut Edition as the PC version of the game will be named - will feature some exclusive content that will make the Altair experience to feel even better.

Unfortunately, Ubisoft did not say exactly what this exclusive content will be, but we know that we will have four exclusive side missions accompanied by four new types of investigations, thus providing even more ways for players to explore the various locations of the Third Crusade. We don't know yet if the developers plan to give us further details or let us discover ourselves when the game will be released in March, but we sure hope it will really be something that worths the title of "exclusive" content and not just some meaningless stuff that only sounds good.

"We are thrilled to bring Assassin's Creed to an eager PC audience and we anticipate the game will resonate with them just has it has across the other platforms," said John Parkes, EMEA Marketing Director at Ubisoft. "Assassin's Creed is a game that must be experienced firsthand to fully understand how dynamic and meaningful this title has become for video game fans worldwide."

Since its mid-November 2007 launch, Assassin's Creed has sold over 5 million units of the console version and has managed to delight gamers worldwide with its nearly perfect gameplay and, of course, the eye candy graphics. In the "Director's Cut" PC version, players will help Altair to stop hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict, while experiencing the art of a master assassin.

You will have to assassinate men said to be exacerbating and exploiting the hostilities created by the Third Crusade, in a chaotic mess resulted from the war between Richard the Lionheart and Saladin, leader of Jerusalem. As the story unfolds, Altair will find out that the men he is supposed to kill share membership in a secret society and they are not simply looking for profit. However, you will have to discover on your own their true goal and how they plan to achieve it, everything starting this March, in Assassin's Creed, Director's Cut Edition."
news at softpedia, also G4 TV.

TreFacTor
02-07-2008, 10:17 AM
ASSASSIN'S CREED PC TO GET EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AN NEW WAYS TO EXPLORE WITH MORE OPEN ENVIROMENTS.
WTF... why can't we get some exclusive content for the early adopters who made this game a smash hit??? instead we get the silence of the assassin and his blade up our *** as the pc gets all the perks.

"Ubisoft has managed to slap hard the console fanboys all over the world and bring joy for the gamers who still believe that the PC systems are nothing but the best thing to run a game on: Assassin's Creed, Director's Cut Edition as the PC version of the game will be named - will feature some exclusive content that will make the Altair experience to feel even better.

Unfortunately, Ubisoft did not say exactly what this exclusive content will be, but we know that we will have four exclusive side missions accompanied by four new types of investigations, thus providing even more ways for players to explore the various locations of the Third Crusade. We don't know yet if the developers plan to give us further details or let us discover ourselves when the game will be released in March, but we sure hope it will really be something that worths the title of "exclusive" content and not just some meaningless stuff that only sounds good.

"We are thrilled to bring Assassin's Creed to an eager PC audience and we anticipate the game will resonate with them just has it has across the other platforms," said John Parkes, EMEA Marketing Director at Ubisoft. "Assassin's Creed is a game that must be experienced firsthand to fully understand how dynamic and meaningful this title has become for video game fans worldwide."

Since its mid-November 2007 launch, Assassin's Creed has sold over 5 million units of the console version and has managed to delight gamers worldwide with its nearly perfect gameplay and, of course, the eye candy graphics. In the "Director's Cut" PC version, players will help Altair to stop hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict, while experiencing the art of a master assassin.

You will have to assassinate men said to be exacerbating and exploiting the hostilities created by the Third Crusade, in a chaotic mess resulted from the war between Richard the Lionheart and Saladin, leader of Jerusalem. As the story unfolds, Altair will find out that the men he is supposed to kill share membership in a secret society and they are not simply looking for profit. However, you will have to discover on your own their true goal and how they plan to achieve it, everything starting this March, in Assassin's Creed, Director's Cut Edition."
news at softpedia, also G4 TV.

ScytheOfGrim
02-07-2008, 10:20 AM
It's done thus to encourage more people to buy the game.

I wouldn't spend the money on the PC version if it were the same, because of the fact that I own the PS3 version, but now that I hear this, it is tempting to go out there and spend.

It's simple business tactics.

Plus, would'nt you (if you were a PC gamer) hate it if all they did was delay the game, and not add anything onto it?

It's sort of an apology... in a sense...

Plus, we don't know if these extras will be any good. xD

NOTE:
I gave myself as an example, I am not saying that I will buy the game.

BTOG46
02-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Don't forget, they allegedly had trouble fitting all the content on the consoles, as far as the size of the game is concerned, the only size limit for a PC, is the amount of spare space on the hard drive.
So extra content is very easy to add on the PC.

Paladin_1962
02-07-2008, 10:36 AM
As an Xbox 360 owner, and someone who jumped at this game when it became available I'd be quite disappointed if there was a considerable amount of new content which is available only for PC gamers.

I have no intention of spending extra money buying the same game just for another platform. In my estimation the core content of any game should be identical across platforms. If there really is substantially different content only available for the PC version (or any platform) then they should make new downloadable content available for players of Xbox 360 and Playstation.

ScytheOfGrim
02-07-2008, 10:41 AM
You're a happy one BTOG. ^_^

BTOG46
02-07-2008, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
You're a happy one BTOG. ^_^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Heh, not really, I'll have to buy a new graphics card just to play it, damn ATI for not going shader 3 when Nvidia did, but nooo, they said there was no point, as shader 2 hadn't reached anywhere near its limits in games, so they didn't go shader 3 till after my card was designed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

moqqy
02-07-2008, 10:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
You're a happy one BTOG. ^_^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Heh, not really, I'll have to buy a new graphics card just to play it, damn ATI for not going shader 3 when Nvidia did, but nooo, they said there was no point, as shader 2 hadn't reached anywhere near its limits in games, so they didn't go shader 3 till after my card was designed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you are a rich man

ScytheOfGrim
02-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Well... uhh... assumably... I mean, you're old! ^_^

Do you know how enjoyable picking on you in such a way is?

Can't wait till I'm 35 and crippled. xD

BTOG46
02-07-2008, 11:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
But you are a rich man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What ever made you think that? I've finally parted company with my old car because it cost too much to fill the 90litre fuel tank, and it only did 18mpg round town, UK Petrol prices are crazy, it's cheaper for me to use a Taxicab.
*sniff* I'm going to miss my old BMW V8.
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6959/imag00380bs.jpg

ScytheOfGrim
02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Umm... bike, maybe?

Helps keep the wrinkles away! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You should see my English teacher, a guy called Tony Chursky (Google him, he used to be a goalkeeper), a Canadian.

He took part last year in the Terry Fox run, and came out in third.

He's around 60. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

moqqy
02-07-2008, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
But you are a rich man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What ever made you think that? I've finally parted company with my old car because it cost too much to fill the 90litre fuel tank, and it only did 18mpg round town, UK Petrol prices are crazy, it's cheaper for me to use a Taxicab.
*sniff* I'm going to miss my old BMW V8.
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6959/imag00380bs.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard you are a druglord

BTOG46
02-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Umm... bike, maybe?

Helps keep the wrinkles away! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You should see my English teacher, a guy called Tony Chursky (Google him, he used to be a goalkeeper), a Canadian.

He took part last year in the Terry Fox run, and came out in third.

He's around 60. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I used to do hill running, that was tough, near marathon distances over the mountains
http://www.wooler.org.uk/activities/chevy.htm
I finally quit running on this event though, the last time nearly gave me a heart attck http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

membernametaken
02-07-2008, 11:55 AM
While this news angers me, as well... PC games will always have an advantage over console games since they have the advantage of user-generated content/mods. It's just not possible on consoles... however, I still think the extra missions should be put up as DLC for the console people.

BTOG46
02-07-2008, 12:00 PM
User mods are possible on some console games, it just depends on whether they release an editor for a game on the console, it's usually less powerful than a PC one though, if I remember right, they released one for Far Cry on console.

ScytheOfGrim
02-07-2008, 12:04 PM
And Unreal Tournament on PS3.

jekinneys
02-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Pc Version was suppose to be same time as all others, but delayed..Games for Windows? maybe. But it was on steam with the same release date as console, but a week before...disapeared. So, about time.

Longjocks
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Heh, not really, I'll have to buy a new graphics card just to play it, damn ATI for not going shader 3 when Nvidia did, but nooo, they said there was no point, as shader 2 hadn't reached anywhere near its limits in games, so they didn't go shader 3 till after my card was designed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I had the same problem. I just recently upgraded my card so I could play Splinter Cell DA. I heard somewhere that the minimum PC requirements for AC list a core-duo2 CPU. If this is the case then I'll be in a similar boat if I decide to get the PC version. Such is PC life though.

I don't think a huge deal needs to be made as far as console gamer disappointment goes because it's a two way street - different formats get bonus content. Sometimes it's PCs and sometimes it's consoles. The only problem I have personally is that having a little more variety in the game is my only real fault with it. A few different investigations might help make it feel a little less empty and repetitive.

caswallawn_2k7
02-07-2008, 07:24 PM
its actualy the 360 that holds back console games since there is a version with no harddrive and only has a dvd drive so the devs making a game for a console have to make it work for the basic 360 meaning prety soon the 360 is going to get screwed over the ps3 altho didnt they already on ut3 as pc mods can be converted for the ps3.

Sarranduin
02-07-2008, 07:26 PM
WTF. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Lazybeans
02-07-2008, 09:41 PM
I really hope the PC version doesn't have a lot more stuff that makes it better...

Not out of spite, but because it would be tempting to buy it and try it out on our new computer, which would be the THIRD AC I've bought. (The first being the xbox360 disk that got mangled. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif)

Longjocks
02-07-2008, 11:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
its actualy the 360 that holds back console games since there is a version with no harddrive and only has a dvd drive so the devs making a game for a console have to make it work for the basic 360 meaning prety soon the 360 is going to get screwed over the ps3 altho didnt they already on ut3 as pc mods can be converted for the ps3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Although that can head towards another unwanted extreme when you read about Devil May Cry 4. It seems the entire game installs to the PS3 HDD. I've only read one source on this so I don't know if installation is compulsory, or even how valid the article is. It's the precedent it may set that is of concern if true. Imagine having a 20GB HDD and each game comes in at 5+GB. That's three games max you can play on the fly until you delete one. Install times for this amount of data are reported to be 20-30 minutes. I don't see this trend taking off. We can just imagine if though...

Keksus
02-07-2008, 11:26 PM
When i read through the threads many people think, that the console version has less content. This isn't right. The PC version has just a little bit more content.

PC Owners will not get a new Main Mission or something like this.

x_101_
02-08-2008, 02:48 AM
Well hopefully this will make the extra long wait worht while. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
02-08-2008, 05:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Longjocks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
its actualy the 360 that holds back console games since there is a version with no harddrive and only has a dvd drive so the devs making a game for a console have to make it work for the basic 360 meaning prety soon the 360 is going to get screwed over the ps3 altho didnt they already on ut3 as pc mods can be converted for the ps3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Although that can head towards another unwanted extreme when you read about Devil May Cry 4. It seems the entire game installs to the PS3 HDD. I've only read one source on this so I don't know if installation is compulsory, or even how valid the article is. It's the precedent it may set that is of concern if true. Imagine having a 20GB HDD and each game comes in at 5+GB. That's three games max you can play on the fly until you delete one. Install times for this amount of data are reported to be 20-30 minutes. I don't see this trend taking off. We can just imagine if though... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is suposadly a 120gig versoin of the ps3 on the way but they claim devil may cry has an install but you have to think alot of firms are starting to use blueray discs for games is it not just a case the people making the game have stuck it on a couple of dvd's instead making you need to install the second disc? but i realy doubt any firm would be stupid enough to make a game that needs a install when the ps3 uses discs that can hold above 50gig its mostlikly if the install turns out to be true that the people making devil may cry just didnt want to make it a blueray disc.

spazzoo1025
02-08-2008, 05:36 PM
i'm assuming theyll release the stuff on XBLM, cept itll b more expensive than if u got the PVC edition

iPlunder
02-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Everyone! Run! caswallawn_2k7 is trying to make a point! Throw the punctuation grenades!