PDA

View Full Version : Realistic smoke for aerobatics.

BT_5
03-28-2005, 06:15 AM
Hey all,

This might be a request out of the ordinary, but I was wondering if it would be hard to implement smoke generators for aerobatics.

My team the BelgianVirtual Tigers is training for aerobatics for airshow demonstrations and this feature would be much appreciated by us and by several other people that like to fly aerobatics.

Tried a seach for this topic but couldn't find any, I'm sure I wouldn't be the first to ask??

Best,

BelgianTiger_5
aka Pacman
pacman@fighterops.com

tsisqua
03-28-2005, 06:25 AM
You mean a different smoke effect than the one that is already there? Try pushing "t" while in flight.

Tsisqua

BelgianTiger_2
03-28-2005, 06:46 AM
yep,that's what he meant to say,a different smoke effect then the "T" smoke.
I also would like to see this.I know there are plenty of squads out there who fly acro.So let's hear it from the acro flyers!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Greetz

TX-EcoDragon
03-28-2005, 06:35 PM
You can certainly get a bump from me!

The pink and green "T" smokes are handy sometimes, but they are not all that similar to the effects from a typical smoke oil system on an aerobatic or display aircraft. Of course this sim is supposed to be about about combat and such. . but the FM commands otherwise!

LeadSpitter_
03-29-2005, 03:54 AM
i think wingtip smoke should be a payload mounted under the wingtip, still to this day the online players use red and green wingtip smoke when in a dogfight flashing lights which ticks me off and looks so fake.

I wish they could get rid of it online or have a host option for it.

RAF_Bip
03-29-2005, 06:28 AM
I would also like to see aerobatic smoke or at least the ability to choose the colors on "T" smoke.

BT_5
03-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I agree with ecodragon's view on this.

Also a centerline smoke would be an awesome effect.

Best,

Dirk

F16_Petter
03-30-2005, 02:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
i think wingtip smoke should be a payload mounted under the wingtip, still to this day the online players use red and green wingtip smoke when in a dogfight flashing lights which ticks me off and looks so fake.

I wish they could get rid of it online or have a host option for it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats worth a bump!

Also I too would like a different smoke system.

What about a "smoke generator" selectable in arming screen. and centred with fuselage.
nice white/grayish smoke that was double length of the "T-smoke"

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

However its a combatsim, there are some more important functions needed.

TX-EcoDragon
03-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah, the length, or dissipation time should also be longer than the red and green stuff. Most aircraft can't complete a loop into their own smoke, or they chase it aroudn the loop as it dissipates! The loadout idea, or a difficulty toggle is probably the best because then a host could get rid of it in online servers if so inclined.