PDA

View Full Version : Flaps :Damaged-Why????? Help me please!

JohnF1965
12-22-2009, 03:47 AM
Hi guys. I have IL2 1946, and I'm still fairly new to IL2 and Pacific Fighters, even though I've been following the game since it first came out. My question is, when I fly the 109G, and some other fighter as well, My flaps become damaged for no reason at all. I fly with them raised, but the warning always comes up-Flaps: Damaged. When I dive, I cut back the throttle, and my flaps still get damaged. Is it a computer bug? I know Oleg and his team have an excellent reputation for delivering a bug-free product, so what can it be? I looked at whats on the 4.08 patch, but they don't mention this problem. I'm sure this is an old problem that has been raised before, and I apologize for a boring question, but could you please help me? I can't fly my 109 fast, if the flaps are always lowered!! Is it do do with the controls, via the computer handling the flap movements? I did come across some of the settings, but they were locked off, it seemed. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ThankYou. John

JohnF1965
12-22-2009, 03:47 AM
Hi guys. I have IL2 1946, and I'm still fairly new to IL2 and Pacific Fighters, even though I've been following the game since it first came out. My question is, when I fly the 109G, and some other fighter as well, My flaps become damaged for no reason at all. I fly with them raised, but the warning always comes up-Flaps: Damaged. When I dive, I cut back the throttle, and my flaps still get damaged. Is it a computer bug? I know Oleg and his team have an excellent reputation for delivering a bug-free product, so what can it be? I looked at whats on the 4.08 patch, but they don't mention this problem. I'm sure this is an old problem that has been raised before, and I apologize for a boring question, but could you please help me? I can't fly my 109 fast, if the flaps are always lowered!! Is it do do with the controls, via the computer handling the flap movements? I did come across some of the settings, but they were locked off, it seemed. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ThankYou. John

JtD
12-22-2009, 03:58 AM
Flaps should not get damaged while they are up. I've never heard they are...

Are you sure they are fully retracted?

Could you post a track where this happens?

fabianfred
12-22-2009, 04:02 AM
If you go to autopilot sometimes it uses flaps to keep in formation...then when you release auto and go manual you do not realise that they are down and after increasing speed they jam....lesson after releasing auto always check flaps are up.

DKoor
12-22-2009, 05:23 AM
On top of what fabian said, not only that, autopilot can for instance deploy flaps at 500kph without any consequences while if you take control of your aircraft then your flaps will immediately jam without you doing any further actions. You may however sometimes avoid it by immediately pressing "flaps up" as soon as you take control.

julian265
12-22-2009, 06:15 AM
Do you have the flaps set to an analog axis, or just buttons?

horseback
12-22-2009, 12:13 PM
What julian said; analog axes will sometimes spike or 'flutter' at the worst times. Assign them to a button or key and automatically hit the Raise Flaps key anytime you come out of autopilot.

Still, you should hear the warning horn when the flaps are deployed in a 109 (but NOT for an FW 190).

cheers

horseback

JohnF1965
12-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Thanks for your help guys. I think that there may be some kind of conflict with the buttons on my joystick and the F and V buttons-or something like that. My joystick is new. It's a Thrustmaster T.Flightstick X, and I didn't bother to set the buttons (on the Joystick ) properly. The slider bar works well, as well as the directions of the stick, but I didn't bother setting all the other buttons. Yes you can set the flaps on the joystick, with the help of the paper manual. I didn't bother to read the manual properly, as it was a little difficult, but I'll certainly be reading it again. I did try setting the flaps as soon as I got out of autopilot, but they seem to always be set at 'raised', and not at 'combat'. As soon as I've fixed the problem , I'll report back to you, via a new thread. Once again, ThankYou to all of you, for your extremely fast help. John

Ba5tard5word
12-23-2009, 01:33 PM
You should definitely take the time to set up the buttons, several buttons are very important and it's useful to have them memorized.

The most useful ones to have set up nicely and memorized are flaps up, flaps down, zoom in view, WEP/boost, wheel brakes, and firing weapons 1 and weapons 2. Those are most important to have when in aerial combat. Then I control throttle and radiator with my left hand on a gamepad with an analog stick I control my view with. Landing gear and tail wheel I have on the buttons on the base of my flight stick, those and pretty much most other buttons you can have set to the keyboard since you won't use them as much in fighter combat and you can take the time to reach for them.

And yeah in any 109 you should hear a warning horn if you have flaps down and your landing gear is up, are you getting the horn? And the flaps being damaged should give you a "flaps jammed" message, not "flaps damaged" at least in the English version.