PDA

View Full Version : The war ended when?

doug.d
06-17-2005, 03:37 PM
We know the final German surrender was signed on 7 May 1945 and presumably, most hostilities died down a little earlier. SH3 though, doesn't seem to know when to end the war.

I returned to Base at Bergen and was informed that the war had ended, on January 16th. Nonsense, I said and reloaded my last in-mission save. SH3 then let me carry on on my path of destruction until April 26th but on return to base, my war was again ended, this time back-dated to April 1st and my kills between April 1st and 26th, were discarded. I tried the load savegame trick but this time SH3 was adament, April 1st was not negotiable.

OK, I accept, so time to review my career.... nope, SH3 wouldn't let me, all such buttons are dead. I had to go back to my 2nd last "in base after mission" save to get access.

Anyone else finding the end of the war a little confusing?

Aside from all that it was a most enjoyable IIA/VIIB career, although ending up with a not very impressive 845k tons. I started my second career late, in 1941, but with all those IXB torpedoes, it has to be better. How many have million ton careers already?

doug.d
06-17-2005, 03:37 PM
We know the final German surrender was signed on 7 May 1945 and presumably, most hostilities died down a little earlier. SH3 though, doesn't seem to know when to end the war.

I returned to Base at Bergen and was informed that the war had ended, on January 16th. Nonsense, I said and reloaded my last in-mission save. SH3 then let me carry on on my path of destruction until April 26th but on return to base, my war was again ended, this time back-dated to April 1st and my kills between April 1st and 26th, were discarded. I tried the load savegame trick but this time SH3 was adament, April 1st was not negotiable.

OK, I accept, so time to review my career.... nope, SH3 wouldn't let me, all such buttons are dead. I had to go back to my 2nd last "in base after mission" save to get access.

Anyone else finding the end of the war a little confusing?

Aside from all that it was a most enjoyable IIA/VIIB career, although ending up with a not very impressive 845k tons. I started my second career late, in 1941, but with all those IXB torpedoes, it has to be better. How many have million ton careers already?

Stuntcow
06-17-2005, 03:44 PM
On my 35 patrol(first with IXB) and have 1,001,000 tons. 81,000 was my best patrol to date. Have not broke the 100K mark as of yet.

W.Irving
06-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Have done six patrols. 400,000 tonnes in a VII.

I'm sure the 'EndOfWar' variable can be found in one of the cfg files.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif