PDA

View Full Version : Ths soundtrack is the best O've heard

that-acmilan-guy
12-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Its simply amazing how Jesper Kyd blended classical music, orchestra with a modern touch. Ezio's family, Venice Roof tops, Flight over Venice and Dreams of Venice are among of favorites. I never got so addicted to music like this.

There was a moment when the 'Dreams of Venice' was playing, I was on a rooftop, there were 2 guys, as I approached the an archer, the orchestra picked up, stabbed him with hidden blade, before the 2nd archer saw me, I dived into the water below, all he could see is a body turning to corpse. That was all synchronized and even though such moments last such a short while, its perhaps the most epic and most rewarding experiences I've got from a videogame.

I am really a proud owner of Official Soundtrack CD, if you dont have it. You better buy it and trust me u wont be disappointed a bit.

that-acmilan-guy
12-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Its simply amazing how Jesper Kyd blended classical music, orchestra with a modern touch. Ezio's family, Venice Roof tops, Flight over Venice and Dreams of Venice are among of favorites. I never got so addicted to music like this.

There was a moment when the 'Dreams of Venice' was playing, I was on a rooftop, there were 2 guys, as I approached the an archer, the orchestra picked up, stabbed him with hidden blade, before the 2nd archer saw me, I dived into the water below, all he could see is a body turning to corpse. That was all synchronized and even though such moments last such a short while, its perhaps the most epic and most rewarding experiences I've got from a videogame.

I am really a proud owner of Official Soundtrack CD, if you dont have it. You better buy it and trust me u wont be disappointed a bit.

MrNussbaum
12-13-2009, 02:26 PM
I agree that the soundtrack is good but Ubisoft's use of it is terrible, especially in the final sequence of the game.

It's starts off good in Rome while running along the wall with a fast paced song giving you a feeling of tension. But then you get to final battle before entering the Sistine chapel with 5 or 6 guards and the music inexplicably switches to a quieter song (or maybe no music at all) taking all sense of urgency out of the moment in the game.

After this, while sneaking into the Chapel, the quieter soundtrack is fine, but for some reason they decided to stay with the quiet soundtrack during the final battles with Borgia giving it as climactic a feel as a fight with a random archer on a roof, and sometimes less so since much of the time the music picks up while fighting an archer.

wwfls1
12-13-2009, 08:08 PM
wats the song called at the end of the game when ur in the van

Dachande_
12-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Its late for me at the moment and i cant express my thoughts as coherently as i would like,all i can say is that i agree with the OP and its refreshing to see a thread of this nature on the forums because AC1/AC2 have truly beautiful and powerful scores that really make the games come to life for anyone with a musical ear. Jesper Kyd is one of my favourite composers when it comes to video games tbh,ever since the original Hitman game on the PC..he just gets better and better.

that-acmilan-guy
12-14-2009, 03:50 AM
Its amazing, it adds so much to the experience. Sorry for the topic title spelling though.