PDA

View Full Version : Bombsite view

wildapes2
07-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Pardon the novice question. What is the bombsite view listed under in the control options? I know the default action is shift f1 however I had to change the keys for a CH joystick profile and now Shift F1 toggles gunsite view. I can't for the life of me figure out which function toggles the bombsite view.

wildapes2
07-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Pardon the novice question. What is the bombsite view listed under in the control options? I know the default action is shift f1 however I had to change the keys for a CH joystick profile and now Shift F1 toggles gunsite view. I can't for the life of me figure out which function toggles the bombsite view.

dbillo
07-09-2006, 09:38 PM
They're both the same..."Toggle Gunsight". There is no "Toggle Bombsight". If you're in the bombardier's position, "Toggle Gunsight" (whatever it happens to be mapped to) will get you the bombsight view.

Scharnhorst1943
07-09-2006, 10:02 PM
If I remember correctly, it is "SHIFT + F1."

However, you WILL have to map out keys for the actual bombsight itself.

look Left/Right
Look Up/Down
Increase/Decrease altitude
Increase/Decrease airplane velocity
Auto - will track your target and automatically release your bombs. This function is available for PE-2, Ju-88, He-111, B25 and G4M Betty. The TB-3 you have to release the bombs yourself when you fly over. With the TB-3 sight, you also cannot adjust it. You put in your data and drop when cross hairs match.

PS - when you are on your bomb runs, if the sight starts to slowly drift up or down (ahead of or behind your target), adjust your airplane velocity to bring it back on target.