PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Assassins Creed? A fair assessment.

scphobik
11-13-2007, 05:12 PM
before you read this or flame me, can I point you in the direction of this review -

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1428/Assassins-Creed/p1/

he sums up how I feel and how most of the assasins creed community will feel once there excitement passes over)

Im going to keep this short because I know I'm tredding on thing ice with the amount of fan boys here (im guilty of being a fan boy too, when Deus Ex Invisible war came out those of sense told me to stay away, I was having none of it and bought the game, tried my best to enjoy it but ultimatly came away dissapointed, very dissapointed.)

Simply Put, this game is all engine and no substance. They have made a fanstatic game engine with spectacular fluid movement and animation, a technical feat that extremely difficult and time consuming, and to those developers I congratulate you. I also feel very angry for you, after working so hard on these aspects of the title, you have been let down so much by your collegues who came up with a totally ridiculous and completely un-needed story. What was wrong with assasination in the 12th centry, why the hell did you go and add all this DNA memory rubbish. After playing through the first 2 hours I just felt like throwing this game out of the window, where the hell is the stealth and actual assassination game play? hack, Slash then "parkour" (rinse, repeat x 8) is not gameplay, its lazyness and poor and from what we were lead to believe its totally and utterly unnacceptable. This is not a next gen game, the graphics and animation are next gen, the game play is tired and poor. Shame on you.

Guys, Im just really let down by ubisoft montreal. They were a studio who have produced some real gems, it was there shanghai brothers that were the studio that produced the dogs mess (Double agent - what a total joke).

All in all, I know your going to go out and buy it but if you just stop, rent it and give it a trial you'll soon find out (and come to learn) that its a dissapoint of a huge magnitude and not worth bothering. (Also, get used to this - Deus ex invisible war was my first real dissapointment, this ranks up there).

Reward excellence, not mediocricy. Boycott this game.

Oh how I wished I had listened.

A dissapointed fan

scphobik
11-13-2007, 05:12 PM
before you read this or flame me, can I point you in the direction of this review -

he sums up how I feel and how most of the assasins creed community will feel once there excitement passes over)

Im going to keep this short because I know I'm tredding on thing ice with the amount of fan boys here (im guilty of being a fan boy too, when Deus Ex Invisible war came out those of sense told me to stay away, I was having none of it and bought the game, tried my best to enjoy it but ultimatly came away dissapointed, very dissapointed.)

Simply Put, this game is all engine and no substance. They have made a fanstatic game engine with spectacular fluid movement and animation, a technical feat that extremely difficult and time consuming, and to those developers I congratulate you. I also feel very angry for you, after working so hard on these aspects of the title, you have been let down so much by your collegues who came up with a totally ridiculous and completely un-needed story. What was wrong with assasination in the 12th centry, why the hell did you go and add all this DNA memory rubbish. After playing through the first 2 hours I just felt like throwing this game out of the window, where the hell is the stealth and actual assassination game play? hack, Slash then "parkour" (rinse, repeat x 8) is not gameplay, its lazyness and poor and from what we were lead to believe its totally and utterly unnacceptable. This is not a next gen game, the graphics and animation are next gen, the game play is tired and poor. Shame on you.

Guys, Im just really let down by ubisoft montreal. They were a studio who have produced some real gems, it was there shanghai brothers that were the studio that produced the dogs mess (Double agent - what a total joke).

All in all, I know your going to go out and buy it but if you just stop, rent it and give it a trial you'll soon find out (and come to learn) that its a dissapoint of a huge magnitude and not worth bothering. (Also, get used to this - Deus ex invisible war was my first real dissapointment, this ranks up there).

A dissapointed fan

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 05:13 PM
hahaha my point exacltly but all the bummer noobs on this foum flamed my threads.

There all sat around with there pants down touching each other expecting the best, drones thats all they are drones, lead by the nose.

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 05:16 PM
We all shot ourselves in the foot and made your job easy for you by making all those review threads, now those are closed i guess you gotta earn your wage and come on here with disinformation.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 05:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scphobik:

A dissapointed fan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell are you talking about. You probably don't have the game so your basing your disappointment on 2 average reviews, not bad, average. You also seem to be ignoring all the other triple A reviews. Now lets say you do have it, you could have only have gotten it today, so how can you be disappointed in a game that you've barely put effort through getting through the tutorial?

avsrule247
11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey at least his opinion for his disliking was different then "OmG repetitive lolz!".

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 05:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crsnwby:
hahaha my point exacltly but all the bummer noobs on this foum flamed my threads.

There all sat around with there pants down touching each other expecting the best, drones thats all they are drones, lead by the nose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get kicked around a lot on school, right? Stop with your mindless posts and your mindless threads who keep getting locked.

@ scphobik: You are entitled to your own opinion, but not if you call Ubisoft lazy for the work they did for 4 years. A lot of people tend to disagree with you on a lot of aspects and it already got an average rating of 89/100 which is pretty great and hence forth shouldn't be called a terrible game. You fail in so many aspects in your own post that it wouldn't stun me if this thread got locked in a matter of moments.

dirtybird21
Ok i'm not going 2 "flame" you but there is a few things... You're being WAYYYY 2 bitter towards this game, You act like it beat you up on your way home from school or something, Just because it wasn't perfect doesn't mean you have 2 hate it... I love this game, I don't see anything wrong with it, Infact i started out with high hopes for this game, Higher than almost any other game that i've waited for 2 come out. And i am by no means dissapointed. You haven't really even described WHY you hate this game so much, All you say is "the gameplay/story is rubbish." And lash out at the producers that you've never even met... I have reason 2 believe that you haven't even played the game yet.

StealthyFisher
I agree on some of your points. Yes, it's true what you said about having good animations and fluid movement. And yes i do feel sorry for all the hard work they have put into this game.(Just imagine all those animations made and the huge City) But they didn't focus on the proper aspects of the game such as the A.I. and the general repetiveness (side missions/ quests). But NO... it is not a game to be trashed about. It is a good game and i am still getting it no matter what.

membernametaken
11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
There's a thread for Personal Reviews started... you should repost your opinion here:

PERSONAL reviews. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7201028706)

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 05:23 PM
I dont hate the game quite the opposite i think its awesome.. What i do hate is the fan boy noobs with their Exassassin names specifically for this game banging on about a game they havn't even seen.

FrozenFire550
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Even though I disagree with most of that, Thank you for stating it in a civilized manner.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 05:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by avsrule247:
Hey at least his opinion for his disliking was different then "OmG repetitive lolz!". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because he judged the game based on so little time playing, that it didn't even get to the point where he could have said it was repetitive and have it be a valid point.

scphobik
11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
I fully expect people to disagree with me and they are totally entitled too. Firstly I'd just like to make 2 things clear here.

I'm totally dissapointed in the story, *for me* its unjustified, un-needed, boring and actually removes alot of the immersion and exceitement I had for being a 12th centry assassin.

From what I've played and have read and seen, the gameplay is not up to the quality of say hitman (im comparing another assassination game here) where you have multiple ways of escape and routes in-order to perform your kill, not *Que cut scene, jump, kill, fight, run away and do some neat parkour moves* - repeat.

The whole game just seems unpolished (those dna effects on NPC's, the flashy ones are annoying to say the least) and rushed off of the back of this excellent game engine, what do you guys think that have played it? I'm maybe being too harsh, I just really expected to be a 12th centry assassin, not a 20th centry dna memory, thats just... poor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StealthyFisher:
I agree on some of your points. Yes, it's true what you said about having good animations and fluid movement. And yes i do feel sorry for all the hard work they have put into this game.(Just imagine all those animations made and the huge City) But they didn't focus on the proper aspects of the game such as the A.I. and the general repetiveness (side missions/ quests). But NO... it is not a game to be trashed about. It is a good game and i am still getting it no matter what. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is exactly what gets me furious. People like you tend to get the blood boiling in my head to a temperature of 100 degrees. You base every little thing you just mentioned in your post from a bloody negative review. You just said you haven't even played the game yet. I can handle opinions, but not if the opinions are based on another review's opinion.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
look im not being funny but there is only 3 missons in this game, assasinate, interrogate, and pick pocket. there are 4 cities.. all the same but the guard have diffrernt clothes. You do the same 3 missions in the same environment 4 times then its the end which is the same fight as all the other missions. If thats not repetative then i dont know what is.

murdercitydan
11-13-2007, 05:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crsnwby:
I dont hate the game quite the opposite i think its awesome.. What i do hate is the fan boy noobs with their Exassassin names specifically for this game banging on about a game they havn't even seen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You hate people because they like a game... Get a life, your opinion isn't worth your unfortunate father's load that was spat onto your mother's belly, and happened to drip down and create you.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 05:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scphobik:
I fully expect people to disagree with me and they are totally entitled too. Firstly I'd just like to make 2 things clear here.

I'm totally dissapointed in the story, *for me* its unjustified, un-needed, boring and actually removes alot of the immersion and exceitement I had for being a 12th centry assassin.

From what I've played and have read and seen, the gameplay is not up to the quality of say hitman (im comparing another assassination game here) where you have multiple ways of escape and routes in-order to perform your kill, not *Que cut scene, jump, kill, fight, run away and do some neat parkour moves* - repeat.

The whole game just seems unpolished (those dna effects on NPC's, the flashy ones are annoying to say the least) and rushed off of the back of this excellent game engine, what do you guys think that have played it? I'm maybe being too harsh, I just really expected to be a 12th centry assassin, not a 20th centry dna memory, thats just... poor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are many ways to to do something. Far more then what was involved in Hitman to say the least. As for your story problem, when Ubisoft decided that they wanted to make a game, they obviously thought of an overarching story, so you, especially you who has barely played for a day, can not say that the story wasn't needed. If the original storyteller thinks it's needed, then there must be a reason for it.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by murdercitydan:
I dont hate the game quite the opposite i think its awesome.. What i do hate is the fan boy noobs with their Exassassin names specifically for this game banging on about a game they havn't even seen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You hate people because they like a game... Get a life, your opinion isn't worth your unfortunate father's load that was spat onto your mother's belly, and happened to drip down and create you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jog on you ****** u aint even played it.. Pull you bell end out of the band waggon.. come back when u play it and bow at my knees

"You hate people because they like a game... Get a life"

noob if i did i wuld hat myself and if i were you i would learn to read ******

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 05:33 PM
look im not being funny but there is only 3 missons in this game, assasinate, interrogate, and pick pocket. there are 4 cities.. all the same but the guard have diffrernt clothes. You do the same 3 missions in the same environment 4 times then its the end which is the same fight as all the other missions. If thats not repetative then i dont know what is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look. A lot of people around here can handle opinions but not if the same thing has been said in a few reviews like IGN and TeamXbox. It also wouldn't mind if you don't call Ubisoft lazy because they've been working their arse off for the last 4 years trying to make a game that's revolutionary in a lot of parts. It didn't got high 9's for nothing in a lot of reviews. Show some respect for these guys, because they are the one's who make great games for you.

The pickpocket and interrogation is the same but the actual assassination can be done in a lot of different ways. You don't have to rush in and kill him and then run away extremely fast.

Faylinks
11-13-2007, 05:35 PM
im just there for the pakour aspect of it, and free roam so no disapointments for me so far..

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 05:36 PM
With hitman... there were at least 10 different entrances with this there are 2. on the gound and from above.

From above you have to jump down.. then you are rumbled immediatly for being an assasin.

From the ground you walk in stick em and either run off or fight 4 guards then walk off.

Problem is apart from the side missions your either caught already or you have to get causght as its a cinematic before you can kill the chap.

zarbk
11-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Looks like I'm the opposite of your *******, I rented Deus Ex: Invisible War, beat it in 2 days, and I'm buying AC.

Btw lol @ u for buying invisible war, that game clearly was going to suck. Nub.

murdercitydan
11-13-2007, 05:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by murdercitydan:

You hate people because they like a game... Get a life, your opinion isn't worth your unfortunate father's load that was spat onto your mother's belly, and happened to drip down and create you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jog on you ****** u aint even played it.. Pull you bell end out of the band waggon.. come back when u play it and bow at my knees </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, go back to school. You need to brush up on that " <span class="ev_code_BLACK">*******</span> " of yours.

Second of all, what "band waggon"?
Sure, I have yet to play the game, whats the to stop me from saying I am excited to play it? I never said I was excited to play because a group of other people are. I'm simply excited to play because it looks like a fun game that I may enjoy.

You have no idea what you're even fighting for.

You're getting upset because your partial negative review keeps getting locked. I think it's great that you have your own opinion on the game, I'm actually surprised that your tiny brain could come up with an opinion of it's own, but don't go "flaming" other people when they give you theirs.

Pinjani10
To each his own, if you don't like it ok then if you do ok then it truly doesn't matter and these discussions aren't doing anything constructive both sides are not going to convince anyone on the other side.

Exassassin

Oh please. Shut up, ok? I've played Assassin's Creed for a mere 3-4 hours in a local gamestore which I'm not allowed to say the name of. I have every right to defend this game because I know how great this game is, and those negative points aren't all that bad because the positive points completely makes you ignore them. You seem so down right determent to boycot this game. You hate it, so be it. Stop posting negative stuff about this game dozens of times because we catch your annoying little drift.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 05:39 PM

Jog on you ****** u aint even played it.. Pull you bell end out of the band waggon.. come back when u play it and bow at my knees </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, go back to school. You need to brush up on that "engrish" of yours.

Second of all, what "band waggon"?
Sure, I have yet to play the game, whats the to stop me from saying I am excited to play it? I never said I was excited to play because a group of other people are. I'm simply excited to play because it looks like a fun game that I may enjoy.

You have no idea what you're even fighting for.

You're getting upset because your partial negative review keeps getting locked. I think it's great that you have your own opinion on the game, I'm actually surprised that your tiny brain could come up with an opinion of it's own, but don't go "flaming" other people when they give you theirs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Name calling is unacceptable. </span>

scphobik
11-13-2007, 05:40 PM
"There are many ways to to do something. Far more then what was involved in Hitman to say the least. As for your story problem, when Ubisoft decided that they wanted to make a game, they obviously thought of an overarching story, so you, especially you who has barely played for a day, can not say that the story wasn't needed. If the original storyteller thinks it's needed, then there must be a reason for it."

I appreciate I have played for only a couple of hours but please dont try to justify a poor background story, it would be great if I was 12 but i'm not (this game is not aimed at &lt; 16).

Regarding the "10/10 reviews, 9/10 reviews" comment, look guys - dont ever go by these scores, by all means read the review but the score at the end of the day isn't awarded on the gameplay its rewarded on many many things and im not going to deny that politics is not in there but that may be a little heavy and not a topic for this forum.

I guess my goal is this, if there are any ubisoft employees that read this can you pass on this message to the development team of assassins creed:

You did a fanstatic job in re-creating the cities, the animation is incredible and the sound effects are excellent. I know each individual involved in the game wanted to create a masterpiece, you certainly have the potential and from previous games from that stuio (chaos theory was excellent) you have demonstrated that you have the skills. You work in a difficult, underpayed and overworked occupation and when you produce something, people (like me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif will come along and criticise it - it hurts, I've been in that position. All I ask, is that when you go into work after your hard earned launch break you have a meeting and fire the guy who came up with that story. You then take what youve done with the engine work and tweak it a little, then you go and make the game you guys really wanted to make and give us the real assasins creed in version 2. I'll be waiting and so will many others, we waited this long and we will wait a bit longer, just hang in there and learn from your mistakes.

murdercitydan
11-13-2007, 05:41 PM

You dont have an opinion you ****** you aint played it yet so your last post just makes you look like a tit. Banging on about yourself you IDIOT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I once say I did?

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 05:41 PM
I DO LIKE IT NEVER SAID IT WAS BAD EVERY COMMENT ENDED WITH "But somehow its still awesome" its just tards who aint played it banging on flaming people passing on comments as you can see above and in my previous threads.

chickmgnt222
11-13-2007, 05:43 PM
its just tards who aint played it banging on flaming people passing on comments as you can see above and in my previous threads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or maybe it's just you.

dd22cowboys
[QUOTE] All I ask, is that when you go into work after your hard earned launch break you have a meeting and fire the guy who came up with that story. QUOTE]

omg not patrice :O

crsnwby

You dont have an opinion you ****** you aint played it yet so your last post just makes you look like a tit. Banging on about yourself you IDIOT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I once say I did? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well your not permitted to post in a thread about the gameplay or comment on my views of it so do one.

Exassassin

<span class="ev_code_RED">content removed due to childish name calling</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How old are you? Seriously? You keep calling people names for no apparent reason. You do know that calling people names is a sign of weakness, right? What's the matter? Can't handle the amount of stress that's trying to crawl out of your brain? Getting your slight headache already? Just go away, ok? We don't want people around here who can't even defend theirselves without calling people names and such.

murdercitydan
11-13-2007, 05:44 PM
I DO LIKE IT NEVER SAID IT WAS BAD EVERY COMMENT ENDED WITH "But somehow its still awesome" its just tards who aint played it banging on flaming people passing on comments as you can see above and in my previous threads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like that you think can give an honest opinion one whats bad, and whats not. Whether you say it's awesome, or its ****, it's your opinion. I'm not on you about that, I just thought it was stupid getting in fights because other people disagree with you and such.

That is all.

crsnwby
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chickmgnt222:
its just tards who aint played it banging on flaming people passing on comments as you can see above and in my previous threads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or maybe it's just you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No its people like you or rather YOU who got my last thread locked because your an IDIOT.

Typical with a name like that fat spotty little looser with no friends.

Warrior-Within2
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
I appreciate I have played for only a couple of hours but please dont try to justify a poor background story, it would be great if I was 12 but i'm not (this game is not aimed at &lt; 16).

Regarding the "10/10 reviews, 9/10 reviews" comment, look guys - dont ever go by these scores, by all means read the review but the score at the end of the day isn't awarded on the gameplay its rewarded on many many things and im not going to deny that politics is not in there but that may be a little heavy and not a topic for this forum.

I guess my goal is this, if there are any ubisoft employees that read this can you pass on this message to the development team of assassins creed:

You did a fanstatic job in re-creating the cities, the animation is incredible and the sound effects are excellent. I know each individual involved in the game wanted to create a masterpiece, you certainly have the potential and from previous games from that stuio (chaos theory was excellent) you have demonstrated that you have the skills. You work in a difficult, underpayed and overworked occupation and when you produce something, people (like me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif will come along and criticise it - it hurts, I've been in that position. All I ask, is that when you go into work after your hard earned launch break you have a meeting and fire the guy who came up with that story. You then take what youve done with the engine work and tweak it a little, then you go and make the game you guys really wanted to make and give us the real assasins creed in version 2. I'll be waiting and so will many others, we waited this long and we will wait a bit longer, just hang in there and learn from your mistakes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will say once again: If the original storyteller thinks it's needed, then there must be a reason for it.

scphobik
11-13-2007, 05:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I will say once again: If the original storyteller thinks it's needed, then there must be a reason for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, imho that is not an argument. Your trying to justify incompetence.

also, can we keep the flaming down please, it gets us nowhere and makes us look like idiots.

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 05:48 PM

No its people like you or rather YOU who got my last thread locked because your an IDIOT.

Typical with a name like that fat spotty little looser with no friends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh no, it's definitely you who got your own thread locked my friend. You call people names. You think you are the toughest man on earth. Do you know who you really are? No? Well.. You are so ignorant that you can't even see how much fun you are giving us by putting up such a foolish clown act. I would advise you to go away before you make yourself look like more of a fool then you already are.

sightl3ss
11-13-2007, 05:49 PM
everyone plz STFU!!!! ur arguing over a GAME just let it go, if people want to like/dislike a game for a certain reason or no reason at all LET THEM plz stop arguing, wish i was an admin and could lock this pointless thread

chickmgnt222
11-13-2007, 05:52 PM

Typical with a name like that fat spotty little looser with no friends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, you are a silly person. The image in my head of you is a 10 year old kid with a very red face.

And as to my username, it was given to me by one of my ex-girlfriends. I could show you pictures of the girls I hang out with regularly but, hey, this is the internet... people would just say I was making it up. In any case, you once again proved that you insult people more than you post your views on the game.

Sorry, imho that is not an argument. Your trying to justify incompetence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Incompetence? This is supposed to be a series. An incomplete story would be very applicable. Besides, the quality of the story is all subjective. Calling it incompetence is just foolish.

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 05:52 PM
No offense but the only people who say jog on are chavs.

I'll prescribe you what you need, gimme assassins creed, i'll trade it for some cider, ritalin and a copy of need for speed.

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 05:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sightl3ss:
everyone plz STFU!!!! ur arguing over a GAME just let it go, if people want to like/dislike a game for a certain reason or no reason at all LET THEM plz stop arguing, wish i was an admin and could lock this pointless thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Listen to the man who, despite his rough english, has a huge valid point. I'm done feeding the troll. I would recommend for a moderator who sees this to lock this thread. I'm going to stop posting on this thread now.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exassassin:

Ahh no, it's definitely you who got your own thread locked my friend. you call people names. you think you are the toughest man on earth. Do you know who you really are? No? Well.. you are so ignorant that you can't even see how much fun you are giving us by putting up such a foolish clown act. I would advise you to go away before you make yourself look like more of a fool then you already are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can we please ban or remove this idiot for direct insults or im simply going to keep coming back and back. This is 4 threads he has followed me into with no input as he does not have the game simply directing insults towards me as I have the game.

sightl3ss
11-13-2007, 05:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exassassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sightl3ss:
everyone plz STFU!!!! ur arguing over a GAME just let it go, if people want to like/dislike a game for a certain reason or no reason at all LET THEM plz stop arguing, wish i was an admin and could lock this pointless thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Listen to the man who, despite his rough english, has a huge valid point. I'm done feeding the troll. I would recommend for a moderator who sees this to lock this thread. I'm going to stop posting on this thread now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rough english is right lol i am american lmao and im in skool so ya i am doin hw too so dont have time to use punctuation and correct grammar, sry guys

deskpe
11-13-2007, 05:58 PM
i havent played it yet so i cant say if I like it or n0t, but on gamespot it got the "good story" brand thing

bokeef04
so you say it is repetitive, so then wouldn't hitman be repetitive(or every other game out there for that matter), they have brought out numerous games where all you do is assassinate someone your told to, and its the same as AC as you either enter or exit either from the roof/building or from the street, except in hitman you cant climb up on any old building you see you have to go through pre destined routes, all the hitman designers did was give you a half dozen ways to do a mission, with AC you could:
1. run straight in from ground level and kill everyone
2. blend in with a group of monks to get close
3. just walk up silently if they aren't protected by guards
4. attack from any direction off the roof
5. escape in any direction and anyway you chose, you can stick to street level, or rooftops or mix it up going from one to the other or just fight your way out

Warrior-Within2
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I will say once again: If the original storyteller thinks it's needed, then there must be a reason for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also, can we keep the flaming down please, it gets us nowhere and makes us look like idiots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see, so adding an element to the story that they thought was needed is now considered incompetence. Firstly, try beating the game before judging a story based on a the 1 or 2 cut scene you have seen so far. Second, most likely the twist was put in there because it allows for the story to be expanded upon and sequels to be made.

Can you imagine what the reviews would be like if that twist wasn't in the story. People would be like the story has no depth and is boring, so on and so forth. Only when you beat the game, and have a valid complaint about the story will I listen, but as of right now, it's like judging a movie based on the first five minutes.

Also, just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean you should tell people to boycott it. You tell them your opinion and it stops at that.

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 06:00 PM

Can we please ban or remove this idiot for direct insults or im simply going to keep coming back and back. This is 4 threads he has followed me into with no input as he does not have the game simply directing insults towards me as I have the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahaha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Oh god you make me laugh. I promised myself not to post on this forum but I had too. Go ahead, check all the forums that got locked and see if I posted on your threads. I did not post in any of them besides this one. You should work in the circus, you know? At least you got some profession that suits you..

EDIT: And in which case did I insulted you in my last post? I really didn't. And if you can't handle the fact that I am telling the truth about you, you shouldn't be here. I am going now. You can go ahead with your childish acts because I don't really care anymore.

scphobik
11-13-2007, 06:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I see, so adding an element to the story that they thought was needed is now considered incompetence. Firstly, try beating the game before judging a story based on a the 1 or 2 cut scene you have seen so far. Second, most likely the twist was put in there because it allows for the story to be expanded upon and sequels to be made. Can you imagine what the reviews would be like if that twist wasn't in the story. People would be like the story has no depth and is boring, so on and so forth. Only when you beat the game, and have a valid complaint about the story will I listen, but as of right now, it's like judging a movie based on the first five minutes.Also, just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean you should tell people to boycott it. You tell them your opinion and it stops at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You dont know why it was put in there so stop trying to justify it, I can understand you defending a game you like and thats fine just please stop making excuses for them.

I'm not going to play the rest of the game, I've got no time to waste on it unfortunatly and as such I'll do something else.

I know the story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It's all over the t'internet and I've seen the ending, its poor and is part of the reason I have put forward the notion to boycott the game for the simple reason that "Reward excellence, not mediocricy"

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:
so you say it is repetitive, so then wouldn't hitman be repetitive(or every other game out there for that matter), they have brought out numerous games where all you do is assassinate someone your told to, and its the same as AC as you either enter or exit either from the roof/building or from the street, except in hitman you cant climb up on any old building you see you have to go through pre destined routes, all the hitman designers did was give you a half dozen ways to do a mission, with AC you could:
5. escape in any direction and anyway you chose, you can stick to street level, or rooftops or mix it up going from one to the other or just fight your way out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. run straight in from ground level and kill everyone.
NO you cant run in as the target will escape or there is a cut scene before it.

2. blend in with a group of monks to get close.
NO monks are only used to get in and out of the city as there is a cut scene before the assasination.

3. just walk up silently if they aren't protected by guards.
NO they always are with guards or there is a cut scene before it.. see where this is going.....

4. attack from any direction off the roof..
see above........

5. escape in any direction and anyway you chose, you can stick to street level, or rooftops or mix it up going from one to the other or just fight your way out.
NO you can always be seen even if the guards are on the ground and you are on the roof.

MiniAssasin
11-13-2007, 06:06 PM
i like the story....

elvenmonkey13
11-13-2007, 06:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:

also, can we keep the flaming down please, it gets us nowhere and makes us look like idiots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see, so adding an element to the story that they thought was needed is now considered incompetence. Firstly, try beating the game before judging a story based on a the 1 or 2 cut scene you have seen so far. Second, most likely the twist was put in there because it allows for the story to be expanded upon and sequels to be made.

Can you imagine what the reviews would be like if that twist wasn't in the story. People would be like the story has no depth and is boring, so on and so forth. Only when you beat the game, and have a valid complaint about the story will I listen, but as of right now, it's like judging a movie based on the first five minutes.

Also, just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean you should tell people to boycott it. You tell them your opinion and it stops at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what i was thinking while reading this thread. It was mentioned before that the story has elements/conspiracy ideas that are going around to this day.

Also, like it was mentioned it gives room for a sequel, one of them being in the future or present which was also mentioned.

So as you can see, the futuristic part of the story was needed, you just didn't see why.

poonstain
11-13-2007, 06:08 PM
i think ubisoft doing that with the story was a great move, it sets them up to go anywhere with the title so its not just constrained to the 12th century.

scphobik
11-13-2007, 06:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so you say it is repetitive, so then wouldn't hitman be repetitive(or every other game out there for that matter), they have brought out numerous games where all you do is assassinate someone your told to, and its the same as AC as you either enter or exit either from the roof/building or from the street, except in hitman you cant climb up on any old building you see you have to go through pre destined routes, all the hitman designers did was give you a half dozen ways to do a mission, with AC you could:1. run straight in from ground level and kill everyone2. blend in with a group of monks to get close3. just walk up silently if they aren't protected by guards4. attack from any direction off the roof5. escape in any direction and anyway you chose, you can stick to street level, or rooftops or mix it up going from one to the other or just fight your way out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Repetition *to a degree* is fine and is expected, (it exists in the real world a hell of alot).

Climbing is great, but I didnt buy a climbing simulator, it should be ONE tool of assassination, not the ONLY tool of assassination (im over simplifying here, also, not every building is climb-able)

Hitman did a great job but not an amazing job at putting you in the role of an assassin. It had some major flaws but it was a balanced game. Assassins creed is all graphics and no substance - thats why im dissapointed and thats why Im suggesting people rent it first before you buy it and of course, if you like it buy it by all means, everyones different, Im just saying that what we got was not what we were lead to believe we were getting.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I see, so adding an element to the story that they thought was needed is now considered incompetence. Firstly, try beating the game before judging a story based on a the 1 or 2 cut scene you have seen so far. Second, most likely the twist was put in there because it allows for the story to be expanded upon and sequels to be made. Can you imagine what the reviews would be like if that twist wasn't in the story. People would be like the story has no depth and is boring, so on and so forth. Only when you beat the game, and have a valid complaint about the story will I listen, but as of right now, it's like judging a movie based on the first five minutes.Also, just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean you should tell people to boycott it. You tell them your opinion and it stops at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You dont know why it was put in there so stop trying to justify it, I can understand you defending a game you like and thats fine just please stop making excuses for them.

I'm not going to play the rest of the game, I've got no time to waste on it unfortunatly and as such I'll do something else.

I know the story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It's all over the t'internet and I've seen the ending, its poor and is part of the reason I have put forward the notion to boycott the game for the simple reason that "Reward excellence, not mediocricy" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have nothing better to say then stop justifying it which leads me to believe that you don't even have the game. And if I don't know why it was put in there, at least I'm willing to find out, unlike you...

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
The whole animus bit gives them the freedeom to go anywhere, problem is the 12th century is the best and if it was set now it would just be hitman.. ulness.....

SkullSoldier
11-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Why do people always compare this game to hitman?

Hitman is a stealth game! This game prides itself (it was mnetioned a couple of times by developers) in that all the assassinations are to be seen by hundreds of people.

In Hitman I have Silent Assassin ranking in all the missions and never used a gun, (until the last mission) AC is a different game altogether, completely different styles of assassination.

scphobik
11-13-2007, 06:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You have nothing better to say then stop justifying it which leads me to believe that you don't even have the game. And if I don't know why it was put in there, at least I'm willing to find out, unlike you... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe what you like mate. Your money, your time.

Catch you when SC Conviction is out, although now I'm starting to get a bit worried http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 06:15 PM
I'd really like to know what games nowdays aren't considered repetitive.

What are you two guys favourite games?

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 06:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unnamedninja:
I'd really like to know what games nowdays aren't considered repetitive.

What are you two guys favourite games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't say my favorite two, but my favorites are:

Devil May Cry 3
God of War 2
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Resident Evil 4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
Gears of War

Not in any order.

poonstain
11-13-2007, 06:19 PM

A dissapointed fan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

boycotting isnt the best idea, i still want to see AC2 and AC3, i know ubisoft will only make the next ones even better and that cant happen without the support of the loving fanboys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 06:19 PM
I actually mean to the guys who are saying this game is repetitive.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:20 PM
My favs are:

Halo 3 (online)
PGR (Bulldog Online)
Hitman 3
Counter Strike
HL Orange Box
BF2

bokeef04
11-13-2007, 06:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:
5. escape in any direction and anyway you chose, you can stick to street level, or rooftops or mix it up going from one to the other or just fight your way out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. run straight in from ground level and kill everyone.
NO you cant run in as the target will escape or there is a cut scene before it.

2. blend in with a group of monks to get close.
NO monks are only used to get in and out of the city as there is a cut scene before the assasination.

3. just walk up silently if they aren't protected by guards.
NO they always are with guards or there is a cut scene before it.. see where this is going.....

4. attack from any direction off the roof..
see above........

5. escape in any direction and anyway you chose, you can stick to street level, or rooftops or mix it up going from one to the other or just fight your way out.
NO you can always be seen even if the guards are on the ground and you are on the roof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i take it you haven't seen the monteferrat(sp?) mission, as they kill him by jumping off a stand, and i seen a gameplay vid where the person missed the ledge and landed right behind him and then had to work on assassinating monteferrat(sp?) while being attacked by him and his guards also what about the non standard 9 assassinations, sometimes you have to assassinate people for your informers to get information, as for the monks, get on youtube, one of the earliest demo's of the game showed them using the monks to get close to their target

scphobik
11-13-2007, 06:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd really like to know what games nowdays aren't considered repetitive.What are you two guys favourite games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok final post before I go for good ( many of you pleased no doubt http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Halflife series (excellent polish)
Mafia (Great Story)
Operation Flashpoint (Varied and pushing technology / gameplay)
Bioshock (Good story / twists)
Splinter Cell (- Double agent (awful))
Total War Series
GTA
Pro Evolution

Cant really think of any more. I agree that repetition exists and is necessary to a degree.

I have to go now, thanks for all the comments and lets look forward to AC 2, lets just hope they get rid of that DNA gow effect around everyone.

Take care all

mefninja
11-13-2007, 07:16 PM
i go tthe game.. and im enjoying the **** out of it.. what are these people talking about?