PDA

View Full Version : Campaign crashes, lock ups, corruption

kiddknapp59
01-03-2005, 08:24 PM
I just got FB/AEP to add to PF which I already had. If the campaigns don't work, and they obviously don't, what is the point? Why wasn't this addressed a long time ago? I tried a IL2 campaign and got 22 missions in before it finally got too corrupt to go on. I had numerous lock ups and crashes before it went belly up. Is this just a fact of life, or does one of the other campaigns actually function? I know this is an on-going problem from what I have already read here.

kiddknapp59
01-03-2005, 08:24 PM
I just got FB/AEP to add to PF which I already had. If the campaigns don't work, and they obviously don't, what is the point? Why wasn't this addressed a long time ago? I tried a IL2 campaign and got 22 missions in before it finally got too corrupt to go on. I had numerous lock ups and crashes before it went belly up. Is this just a fact of life, or does one of the other campaigns actually function? I know this is an on-going problem from what I have already read here.

D-XXI
01-03-2005, 11:14 PM
This happened to me after installing 3.03. Gone back to 3.01 for now.

Atomic_Marten
01-04-2005, 12:10 AM
The campign point of play was, IMO from the beginning of the IL2 weakest link in the whole game.

It would save us tons of nerves if it isn't so complicated to 'debug'. But no, once you got your campaign $crewed, there is 99% probability that it will stay that way. Since you can not edit those files in users folder.(BTW error does not have to be even there..)

I wont exaggerate if I say that I have lost almost 500 missions flown because of that. Ihope that t will be changed in BoB if not sooner.. http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/images/smiles/pray.gif

kiddknapp59
01-04-2005, 12:48 AM
I was pretty frustrated when I posted. I started over again, this time with the understanding that the campaign ends when it gets corrupted, not necessarily when I win. The one consolation is that my Pacific Fighter campaigns don€t seem to suffer the same fate; I finished my first ever prop sim campaign the other day. I have owned ever WWII combat sim since EAW, but never bothered with a campaign until PF.