PDA

View Full Version : Install problem with AEP

Possit
01-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I have been using FB + AEP + PF and all the patches without difficulty. My computer starting acting up by the mouse freezing mostly it seemed like when I was playing the game so I decided to reinstall it. I uninstalled the proper way and am attempting a complete reinstall with no old files or folders. I have all orginally purchased proper discs.

I installed FB and it worked without difficulty. I tried installing AEP and I keep getting a message right at the beginning of the install that "IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles is not found". I do not get an option to select where it is located. I am even letting FB install in the default location and AEP still can't find it.

What's the deal and and how can I get past this?

Thanks. Possit

Possit
01-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I have been using FB + AEP + PF and all the patches without difficulty. My computer starting acting up by the mouse freezing mostly it seemed like when I was playing the game so I decided to reinstall it. I uninstalled the proper way and am attempting a complete reinstall with no old files or folders. I have all orginally purchased proper discs.

I installed FB and it worked without difficulty. I tried installing AEP and I keep getting a message right at the beginning of the install that "IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles is not found". I do not get an option to select where it is located. I am even letting FB install in the default location and AEP still can't find it.

What's the deal and and how can I get past this?

Thanks. Possit

Troll2k
01-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Do a search over at the Ubi knowledge base.It is a problem with a registry entry.It was a common problem.

Tully__
01-28-2006, 03:20 AM
AEP can't find FB if you manually run the FB setup.exe. Use the CD Autorun to install FB and you shouldn't have a problem. Ditto for AEP so that PF finds the correct install location for the merged version.

Possit
01-28-2006, 07:07 AM
Worked. Thanks much.

Don't remember doing it that way but I haven't reinstalled in a couple of years either. Don't remember the previous menus being those odd colors either. LOL

LEXX_Luthor
01-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Tully, will the New DVD have it all up to the DVD version?. If I need to, I'd like to be able to install without having to mess with FB + AEP + PF + 4.x Patches.

Tully__
01-30-2006, 05:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Tully, will the New DVD have it all up to the DVD version?. If I need to, I'd like to be able to install without having to mess with FB + AEP + PF + 4.x Patches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I haven't seen a plan but I would suspect that the basic install for each original release and the 3.x/4.x patches (maybe included as part of the PF part of the install, maybe not). I would suspect that the only difference between the the seperate CD installs and the DVD install is the installer software will be configured to install all three games at the user's selection rather than having 3 separate installers.

We'll have to wait until actual release to know for sure though, unless someone from 1C:Maddox or Ubi pipes up to let us know beforehand.