PDA

View Full Version : A Few questions

OneillSGT
06-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Argh i was writing a huge post and this **** freezed >_<

now resuming what i need

-What's the Prop. Pitch for? and how to use it?

-I usually fly BF-109K , P-51 , LA-7 are these usually available on online servers?

- i cant get used to fly using only the cockpit and having no Icons, I feel extremely lost in the sky, and i cant use the joystick in one hand and the mouse in the other, i get really confused, are the public servers mostly "Only Cockpit" and "No icons"? i'll need some tips on how to start flying like that, i dont understand how u get used to it >_<

PS: is Pacific fighters a expansio nof il2? what do i need to play pacific fighters?

OneillSGT
06-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Argh i was writing a huge post and this **** freezed &gt;_&lt;

now resuming what i need

-What's the Prop. Pitch for? and how to use it?

-I usually fly BF-109K , P-51 , LA-7 are these usually available on online servers?

- i cant get used to fly using only the cockpit and having no Icons, I feel extremely lost in the sky, and i cant use the joystick in one hand and the mouse in the other, i get really confused, are the public servers mostly "Only Cockpit" and "No icons"? i'll need some tips on how to start flying like that, i dont understand how u get used to it &gt;_&lt;

PS: is Pacific fighters a expansio nof il2? what do i need to play pacific fighters?

DxyFlyr
06-06-2005, 11:16 PM
Prop pitch refers to the angle of the propeller blade to the direction of travel. You can change this angle in most of the planes in the game. Some are automatic; depends on the plane.

You change it for the same reason you change gears on your bike. For more info look here...

Airwarfare.com (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_cem.htm#Prop%20Pitch)

Bookmark that site and look around. Most of your questions will be answered there.

You'll want to check out Hyperlobby if ou haven't already for online action in your aircraft of choice. There are plenty of servers there that offer the planes you mentioned.

Learning to fly without icons and no externals takes practice. You can use padlock (if the server allows) or buy TrackIR. Many people just get used to using the mouse or assigned view keys and seem to do fine.

There are lots of servers that allow externals and provide icons. You just need to jump around in a few and find the settings you like. Your tastes will change over time.

Pacific Fighters can run standalone or as an expansion of IL2/ Forgotten Battles/ Aces Expansion Pack. They call it a "merged install" if you load PF on top of the previous versions. This is really the way to go. You get 176 flyable planes with the merged install.

OneillSGT
06-06-2005, 11:25 PM
amazing , but how do i get the merged install?
i currently have Forgotten Battles Ace Expansion

DxyFlyr
06-06-2005, 11:39 PM
To get up to speed with most players online you need...

1. IL2 Forgotten Battles
2. Aces Expansion Pack
3. Pacific Fighters
4. Latest Pacific Fighters patches 3.03 and then 3.04

See here... (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/patching.htm#004)

--edit to fix link--

OneillSGT
06-06-2005, 11:55 PM
so, i have Il2 Forgotten Battles + Ace Expansion

I only need to buy Pacific Fighters and install it, then patch it
right?

DxyFlyr
06-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Yep. That's the ticket. Get PF then download and install the patches and you're good to go.

Also, in case you're unaware, we are expecting another patch (or update 4.0) in the next little while.

OneillSGT
06-07-2005, 02:50 AM
any chance of posting the direct link for the patch 3.03 and 3.04?

i cant seem to find a good link without having to register in some website to download it

ausmondo
06-07-2005, 03:47 AM
Here is a link to the update page.
Note...you will need the 3.03m & 3.04m patches.
http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/updates.php
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OneillSGT
06-07-2005, 04:26 AM
Thanks xD

Antonio_MRZ
06-07-2005, 06:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OneillSGT:
- i cant get used to fly using only the cockpit and having no Icons, I feel extremely lost in the sky, and i cant use the joystick in one hand and the mouse in the other, i get really confused, are the public servers mostly "Only Cockpit" and "No icons"? i'll need some tips on how to start flying like that, i dont understand how u get used to it &gt;_&lt;
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no tip for quickly learning how to fly with cockpit always on. Only way is: practice!

First try offline, then in online server. Online it could be difficult at first, but you will learn. I felt just like you at my first flights, in few weeks it was much much better.

A very good thing would be buying a Track IR Pro, this will really add much to your flying experience. But I know some ace pilots who use the mouse or the joystick "chinese hat" for wiewing and they have no problem.

About icons, many servers with difficult settings still have icons for friendly aircraft, this is of much help at first, then you'll learn how to tell friend from foes by their shape, their tracers, etc.

Cheers
Antonio

Tallyho1961
06-07-2005, 10:38 AM
As per my esteemed colleague who posted above: buy a TrackIR unit. Be patient setting it up - it can feel a tad disorienting at first. Stick with it; you will not believe how good this product is.