PDA

View Full Version : Crew Management

goatman455
03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
How exactly does the crew management work? I read the book, but it isn't very helpful. How do I change shifts, and what do the shifts represent (the I, II and, III on the left side of the screen).

Any help greatly appreciated.

goatman455
03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
How exactly does the crew management work? I read the book, but it isn't very helpful. How do I change shifts, and what do the shifts represent (the I, II and, III on the left side of the screen).

Any help greatly appreciated.

USSJack
03-22-2007, 12:57 PM
The I II III represent just that, the 3 shifts. The active shift is the one that is darkened. The other two shifts are off and will either be sleeping or doing maintenance.

That's important for the AA and deck gun too. Just because you have someone's portrait at the aa gun doesn't seem to mean they are manning and ready to use the gun. You have to use the menu at the bottom to tell them to man the AA gun, the button will flash a few times and then it will darken the aa gun slot on the crew management screen to let you know they are active. Seems to work the same way for the damage control group. Drag and drop people into the slots then activate them on the menu at the bottom. If the damage control group is not darkened, then they are not active and will not repair things.

To switch guys around, just drag and drop.

Oh,and the shifts will change automatically at the right time. So no more babysitting.

A few more things. The first slot is slightly larger, you should put someone with a higher rank in that slot as that is the compartment leader for that shift. Also the compartment leader for the command room is the officer on deck and he should be one of your better officers as he gives a bonus to everyone on the ship for that shift.

silenthunterfan
03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Great answer!

Now I understood it as well! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Camilitus
03-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Does red crew mean dead crew and if so how do i eject them?

kolmar
03-24-2007, 10:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Camilitus:
Does red crew mean dead crew and if so how do i eject them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Don't know, but imho useless crew members should be put in the torpedo tube and "fired" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif