PDA

View Full Version : Pilot injured, BoB

CD_Turbo
04-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Hi,

It would be fantastic to have enhanced pilot injuries for BoB.

ex. the cockpit takes a hit, the game will randomly decide an injury (to make things simple).

Let's say you get injured on your left arm.
This would make it more difficult to steer the plane in one direction.

Also if the pilot is hit in the legs and is loosing blood.
The screen would fade to black every now and again.

etc..

CD_Turbo

CD_Turbo
04-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Hi,

ex. the cockpit takes a hit, the game will randomly decide an injury (to make things simple).

etc..

CD_Turbo

Feathered_IV
04-25-2006, 07:51 AM
Or if the oxygen supply is failing or he is losing consciousness, the player view would begin to wander and become sluggish or blurry until he either recovers or passes out completely http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

FPSOLKOR
04-25-2006, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CD_Turbo:
Hi,

etc..

CD_Turbo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey fellas! i was waiting for that since commodore 64! And the name for this - dynamic damage! Basically speaking, if i get a shell hit in a wing high speed would damage it further up to complete destruction. If a pilot get hit in a lung he has to land in less then5 minutes, otherwise he will die of blood loss (of course this does not mean thet he will survive). And finally - my dream... If my plane gets damaged by enemy fire or my inept handling i want to go into next mission in a worn out machine - and no more uber Las - if it looses up to 40% of thrust....

IIJG69_Kartofe
04-25-2006, 11:57 AM
And if the oxygen is jammed, too much oxygen will show pink elephants or big arachnids in the cockpit! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

FritzGryphon
04-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Given the complexity of the aircraft FM, I don't think it'd be unreasonable to model seperate DM for body parts.

The IL-2 engine already has at least 2 hit locations with seperate effects (head and body).

The game already models the reduction of control force due to injury; they'd just have to seperate it to each individual control. Though more easier said than done, I'm sure.

ElAurens
04-26-2006, 11:05 AM
I still want to be able to pull my sidearm when I'm hanging in my parachute and take pot shots at the enemy that pass by... give Jerry a bit of the old trembling Webley.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

jjtasker
04-26-2006, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ex. the cockpit takes a hit, the game will randomly decide an injury (to make things simple). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The last thing the game needs is RANDOM anything. The idea is to SIMULATE reality.. if the projectile or fragments hit the pilot, he gets wounded..if they do not, he doesn't. Why add ANY randon happenings.. we're a long way from rolling dice on a board game..no going back now

slo_1_2_3
04-26-2006, 08:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElAurens:
I still want to be able to pull my sidearm when I'm hanging in my parachute and take pot shots at the enemy that pass by... give Jerry a bit of the old trembling Webley.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now your talkin, I've wanted that since the day I got this game.
That would teach them chute shooters just pop em in the head as they went by oo how much fun would that be.