PDA

View Full Version : Sub Emblem Question

William66th
07-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Ok well i decided to make my own sub emblem and after a few past patrols i have enough to pick from a variety or so i thought. It seems that when i go to pick an emblem like i did in the past i cant do it. I only have one choice and then sometimes i do not have any.

Reading the forums i see that any size square tga file can be used if it is placed in the emblem folder. So im wondering what i might have done wrong. Also as i said before i dont seem to be able to even pick the default ones like i could before.

Thanks maybe someone can help me out.

William
Captian
U-66
"Tigershark"

William66th
07-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Ok well i decided to make my own sub emblem and after a few past patrols i have enough to pick from a variety or so i thought. It seems that when i go to pick an emblem like i did in the past i cant do it. I only have one choice and then sometimes i do not have any.

Reading the forums i see that any size square tga file can be used if it is placed in the emblem folder. So im wondering what i might have done wrong. Also as i said before i dont seem to be able to even pick the default ones like i could before.

Thanks maybe someone can help me out.

William
Captian
U-66
"Tigershark"

HW3
07-16-2006, 06:30 AM
My understanding is that they must be 64x64x24BPP tga files.

lecek
07-16-2006, 07:44 AM
By anychance are you trying to put this emblem on a new captain?

Is your one choice the Flotilla emblem?

You have to earn the right to put a custom emblem on your captain. Sometimes it can take a few missions.

The game is tolerant of the number of pixels and 32 bit colour. My custom AMD emblem is 36 pixles and 32 and it works just fine.

feinmann_xv
07-16-2006, 07:45 AM
yep. 64x64, 24bits TGA (targa) files work. The easiest way is to open an existing emblem in Photoshop, then copy the background color (dark blue, will render transparant in the game) and "build" your emblem on top of that. That way you don't need to have a square emblem of exactly 64x64...

!S

William66th
07-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Ok well i figured out a way to make sure that the emblem was always on my sub so i could preview it. I simply took and renamed the emblem to the name of the file that was being used. "AdlerKof" once i did that my emblem showed up bit it appeared to be flickering when viewing from the outside. Also seemed speckled for some reason. I also saw a few emblems on other sites that appeared to be more then 64x64. Is this hard coded or does have an option somewhere to change it.

One more thing i used a solid white background on one of my test emblems and when viewing it in the game all i saw was a big grey square.

Thanks for the help

William
Captain
U-66
"Tigershark"

feinmann_xv
07-16-2006, 03:31 PM
The space on the conningtowers is "designed" to take 64x64 or smaller emblems. Bigger ones might work, although I can imagine they will look less than perfect as they might not "fit" right.

If you want a transparant background with a emblem that is not square, you will need to use the darkblue (almost black) color that is in the "official" emblems. If you have Photoshop you can easily copy the color to a new file. and draw your emblem.

Since I enjoy making these things, you could also post a link to the picture you want on your sub, and I will post the TGA file that will make it show up on your sub...

!S