PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Vison in Assassin's Creed 2

Cjail
08-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Eagle Vison; what to say?
I think Eagle Vison is a wonderful feature in AC but I was surprised of how it was used.
The first thing I thought when at the end of the game I discovered the hidden messages all over walls and the floor was: "wow! but why only now!?"
During my entire playtrough I could not find a real use for Eagle Vison (mostly because the lock-on system was a better choice) and so in the end was just a beautiful way to see the in-game world.
I think that for Assassin's Creed 2 the Eagle Vison should be used more widely: maybe to find hidden messages, chests/coffins, to see special enemies/NPC objectives, etc...
What do you think!

My Altair:
http://c-faengsel.deviantart.c...bn-La-Ahad-128014206

Cjail
08-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Eagle Vison; what to say?
I think Eagle Vison is a wonderful feature in AC but I was surprised of how it was used.
The first thing I thought when at the end of the game I discovered the hidden messages all over walls and the floor was: "wow! but why only now!?"
During my entire playtrough I could not find a real use for Eagle Vison (mostly because the lock-on system was a better choice) and so in the end was just a beautiful way to see the in-game world.
I think that for Assassin's Creed 2 the Eagle Vison should be used more widely: maybe to find hidden messages, chests/coffins, to see special enemies/NPC objectives, etc...
What do you think!

My Altair:
http://c-faengsel.deviantart.c...bn-La-Ahad-128014206

Account_Deleted
08-17-2009, 04:06 AM
The reason for the "why only till now" is the bleeding effect,

and for eagle vision i would of loved it if you could movie around in it, not just being stable position.

L.Cie
08-17-2009, 04:26 AM
I thought it was great but like Account_Deleted said, it would have been nice to be able to move around while using it.
If it was just something Altair could switch on whenever he felt like it it shouldn't have impaired his ability to walk.

sensationikke
08-17-2009, 04:55 AM
Without GPS or a map, you'll have a hard time finidng the informers, eagle vision can help here then. As they also said, try playing the game without HUD elements, then you know how AC really feels.

I agree with account_deleted and L. Cie, using eagle vision while moving would have been great.

I also agree it would have been fun that you could use your eagle visioin to find things you otherwise wouldn't, or would be very hard. Like things that don't show on your HUD elements or map.

Edengoth
08-18-2009, 01:36 PM
I just realized this will probably play a bigger role in AC2 since if you can steal from anyone, you can probably lock on to anyone. In AC1, if they didn't have swords (or thug pouches) and you could lock on to them, you know they are an investigation. In AC2 it maybe be more necessary to use eagle vision to weed out the information-givers.

EmperorxZurg
08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
it might change since in the demo it had a different animation for when he kills someone, maybe Animus 2.0 also has some improved Eagle vision

caswallawn_2k7
08-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Eagle vision has nothing to do with the animus it's an ability Altair had and supposadly Ezio will have.

only thing I want with it is more range, so you dont have to go to prety much ground level to get any use from it.

thekyle0
08-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I want them to completely scrap the cloudy mess that engulfed the world 5 meters away the player so that you can actually see things in first person.

EmperorxZurg
08-18-2009, 02:50 PM
so the only thing the animus changed then was the background in the cutscenes where Altairs talking to his victims and the language the people spoke right?

thekyle0
08-18-2009, 02:53 PM
It also produced the HUD.

EmperorxZurg
08-18-2009, 02:58 PM
well then, iif we want the Eagle vision to change Ezio just has to be plain out BETTER than Altair!

dotdrew
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
How do we even know that Ezio will have Eagle vision? If Desmond gained it from spending too much time living through Altair's eyes, what's to say Ezio will have it at all? Maybe Ezio will have another skill that Desmond will gain, making him an even better assassin. Just a thought.

caswallawn_2k7
08-18-2009, 04:08 PM
the dev's said Ezio has it, basicaly implying he inherited it from his ancestors.

@disturbed: if it is a genetic trait it could of evolved over the years.

EmperorxZurg
08-18-2009, 04:24 PM
like how people think we Evolved away tails but in reverse for Ezio's vision?

dotdrew
08-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Have they explained why Ezio inherited it bus Desmond had to 'absorb' it?

caswallawn_2k7
08-18-2009, 04:28 PM
desmond is nearly a thousand years after altair it may of just been diluted down over the years or you take the other theory desmond always had the ability to do eagle vision bit had became repressed over the years, then when he got stuck in the animus and synced with altair it made him aware of the ability allowing him access to it.

MartaVasques
08-18-2009, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
Desmond always had the ability to do eagle vision bit had became repressed over the years, then when he got stuck in the animus and synced with altair it made him aware of the ability allowing him access to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the most rational theory, in my opinion. If itís written in their DNA, itís written in their DNA. In Desmondís case, it just needed to be awakened.

Azugo
08-18-2009, 10:23 PM
I agree with you guys who said it would be better if you could move while using it. And I also agree it would be better if you had to use Eagle Vision more frequently. To make missions harder.

AltairEagleEzio
08-18-2009, 11:53 PM
I never used eagle vision in AC1 except for the Jubair mission, so it would be good if it was implemented in a new way. Making it a tool in missions or assassinations is an excellent idea, and if the develepers haven't put it in the game, i'm hoping it'll be in ACIII.

obliviondoll
08-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Eagle vision while moving in AC1:

Press the Eagle Vision button. Press it again. Walk. You won't be in first-person any more, but for a while, enemies will glow red, targets yellow, and mission-specific people white, even while you're moving.

thekyle0
08-19-2009, 09:49 AM
But at least make the colors last longer. It was just a bother having to refresh it so frequently. Better yet, let it last until you leave the area. Just like how bodies dissapeared if you went too far away. Then we don't have stop repeatedly if we want to keep an eye on things.

I would always use the eagle vision in the interrogation missions because I love to play without the HUD. I didn't like locking on to the target because whenever I did that a leper gets the fancy to start a mosh pit somewhere outside my peripheral vision. I'm also dumb enough to lose the guy in the crowd if he stops glowing white. So if enemies, targets, and friends can remain nicely color coded without me having to zoom into first-person every 10 seconds I'd be pretty happy with Ubisoft.

SharkMRX
08-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Just rode that eagle vision is now in 3d and can be jused while walking you switch it on or off

thekyle0
08-19-2009, 04:45 PM
"rode".......read?

I think I posted the article where you read that in another thread.

Here it is again.

http://www.gamepro.com/article...ed-ii-freeform-play/ (http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/211687/spotlight-assassins-creed-ii-freeform-play/)

EDIT: typo