PDA

View Full Version : 1280 by 1024 resolution for flat monitors?

lordscoff
10-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Is there any way to get 1280x1024? My computer and video card are having no trouble with the game, but my screen's native resolution is 1280 by 1024 (as I think are many flat screens), so everything is blurry.

Is there anything I can do with ini files or anything to get up to 1280 by 1024 resolution?

If not, could Ubi consider adding this in a patch. I realize it won't be a recommended setting, but one of the main points of the Myst series has always been its beauty, and it would be nice if those of us with flat screens could appreciate it too.

Thanks.

lordscoff
10-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Ah...I see that it can't be done, just a windowed mode for clarity but that they may patch it later.

Never mind.

maztec
10-29-2004, 11:55 AM
My understanding is it's unlikely to be a patch. Windowed mode causes some bugs that they don't want to deal with. So it's a user created option rather than something that they'll do...

GhostWay
10-30-2004, 11:27 PM
If you have a nvidia card on a windows machine, you should be able to do this:

1. Right-Click Desktop, select "Properties".
2. Click the "Settings" tab, then the "Advanced" button.
3. Click the tab with your video card's name on it. (i.e., "GeForce FX Go5650")
4. There should be a menu to the left of the window, expand the topmost option and click "Flat Panel Display".
5. Select either "Use Centered Output" or "Use Fixed Aspect Ration Scaling", and apply your changes.

You should be able to do something similair on ATI cards, but I'm not sure how.

Centered output will display the game centered in the screen without streching it. Fixed aspect ratio scaling will stretch the game to fit the screen but will not change the height/width ratio. This prevents the game from appearing to be vertically stretched.

I personally use fixed aspect ratio scaling, and the game looks fine to me. And I'm using 1920x1200 resolution. But it's your choice.

And if it's still looking blurry, try turning of the depth-of-field effect in Revelation's options.