PDA

View Full Version : ****MAJOR SPOILER**** Compendium of what we know about the ending!

BaToUrYu
11-21-2007, 12:23 AM
As the week goes on I will make this look pretty and such.
As this is a rather large undertaking it will take some time for me to put all this information into something understandable, please note NONE OF THIS HAS BEEN FIGURED OUT BY ME. I am simply putting all the information in one location so that we don't have to look through 80 pages of "I don't get it." It's all here. So let's begin, I will start down from what I have for now and then end up putting it in an understandable order.

Thank you to everyone that has PMed me and sent information my way.

What we know

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210078fl0.jpg
Square block of letters: "Artifacts sent to the skies to control all nations, to make us obey a hidden crusade. Do not help them"

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210080rr5.jpg
Pyramid block of letters: "They drained my soul and made in theirs. I drain my body to show you where I saw it "

My second point of interest is the pyramid of letters (Yes, it's been deciphered, I know) but look past that. Look at the letters themselves. Why do only some letters glow brightly? And why, for that matter, are the dimmer ones almost always connected? It's possible it's just a coincidence, but it's a point I thought should have been brought to attention.

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210085mr0.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210086ob7.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210087sd0.jpg

Anyway from what I saw on the wall I recognized the name Quetzcoatl.
"Quetzcoalt's hunger lies the answers" is what was on the wall.
Well I googled that and what came up was Quetzalcoatl - the Aztec sky and creator god.

The line, Emperor Jiajing's sin and Quetzcoalt's Hunger lies the Answers, is a major hint. As said in the CVG blog, Quetzalcoatl is the Aztec god of the sky and sun, and that emperor Jia Jing was a cruel emperor that built the temple of the sun, and had an internal plot to overthrow him. What the blog didn't mention, however, is that he was notorious for forcing preteen girls into sexual encounters, to "empower his self" and had many Taoist priests collect many rare ingredients and items, not for collecting, however, but for elixirs to make his life eternal.(As a stroke of irony, it is suspected he overdosed on mercury found much too often in his potions) but the real reason he is remembered is not only for building the temple of the sun, but of the stars and the moon as well. Three temples were built, as well as an addition to the temple of the heavens, to destroy the Buddhist religion, and cause Taoism to rise, which can be described as the sins of wrath, pride, or, at a stretch, envy. So, the first impression when reading this line is that the answers, possibly more artifacts, lay within the temple of Quetzalcoatl, and one of the temples Jia Jing built.

However, there were grammatical errors, small, but noticeable. First, why capitalize the word, answers? By itself, even if referring to something special is a word almost never capitalized. Second, the word lies was misused. The proper form for this case would be lay, but instead the one meant as not the truth was used. And, third, Quetzalcoatl was misspelled, as Quetzcoatl.

Another thing you see on the wall is 22:13
This is a revelation in the bible apparently.
stating "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."
this makes sense because you see omega and alpha signs also on the wall.

Also you will see 13.0.0.0.0 on the wall. This is part of the Mayan calendar. on the Mayan calendar they use something called "long count" I'm not sure how it's done but the beginning date of the calendar is 0.0.0.0.0 while the ending date is 13.0.0.0.0 - which you may better recognize as December 21st, 2021, the day of Armageddon. I know pimpski187 mentioned 12212012 that were with the pyramid of letters. This obviously translates to the date of Armageddon.
Not necessarily Armageddon but I think it's when all the planets in the galaxy line up, hence the drawings on the wall of the planets lined up.

http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210076gu2.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210075wk6.jpg
Some of you might have noticed the words Yona Guni outside the window as well as a blood stain that looks like a Japanese building.
Yona Guni is a Japanese island, 1300 is actually 1300 AD...the time period in which Feudal Japan, the Koreans, and the Goths had conflict.

In fact, just go google Yona Guni, or Assassins Japan 1300AD and you'll see what I'm talking about.
My money says Assassin's Creed 2 is Japan, the next ancestor memory that's accessed was in fact a ninja.
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210075gp0.jpg
http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210076ms3.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210078nq3.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210077wa1.jpg
* Near the eastern windows in the lab, there are drawings of what looks like a bird and ant. I looked those up, and found out those are the Nazca Lines. A series of lines and shapes made by an unknown people out in the desert. You can only see their pattern from high up in the sky, and in fact, I found a picture online of the bird which is the EXACT same as the one in game.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1538/birdaz7.jpg
* On the western side near the conference door up on the platform, I noticed there was a drawing of what looked like two people. One a robed figure with a hood, and the other of what appears to be a bearded man. For some reason it looks like the robed figure is sucking something out of the man. (like, stealing his lifeforce or something. I dunno... lol)

http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210077am6.jpg
* The Eye of Horus is also on the eastern platform, which is said to represent the falcon's eye, and the sun. Seems we have two sun/sky symbols so far, the other being Quetzcoatl that was mentioned earlier.

* Also next to the eye is three pyramids lined up in a diagonal line, and of varying size. These have to be the Pyramids of Giza, which are lined up in such a fashion, and their sizes are also in the correct order.

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210079fm7.jpg
* The Pyramid with the eye in the center of it next to the Animus honestly makes me think of the eye pyramid on the back of the US 1 dollar. If I remember my Illuminati symbolism correctly, this is the all seeing eye that the illuminati and free mason's both used (found on back of one dollar bill)

http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210079vl5.jpg
* We then have the pyramid next to the exit door, with a shining apple above it. I don't know about the pyramid, but I'm thinking the apple is the Golden Apple which is used in many mythologies.
See above images
On the wall in the bedroom, I also noticed a small, handprint in the bottom left corner. It only had three fingers and a thumb. o.O Also, at the very top middle, there's some writing in English, but I can only make out a few words. Looks like: emperor, sin, and. I couldn't make out the rest. There's also a line of Hebrew underneath it, and the same characters again on the left. I actually attempted to try and translate it from websites, but no luck. I did learn that Hebrew characters also have a number value to them. That could be something.
The arc like shape (bedroom) on the left (multiple circles) and a smaller one by the abyss quote are fractals ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandelbrot_set )

the swirly thing is actually a ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_attractor )
1st line
one's life and death should be within their own hands

2nd line
one's problems should be dealt with on their own

3rd line (same as the 5th line)
I couldn't read the first character...
but it has something to do with a visionary fruit, like the apple in Eden

4th line(same as the 6th line)
didn't get this one either, it's not a finished sentence, it means
the creator in this life is

7th line
those who do not trouble for the future

8th line(I can't read the last word completely, I'm going with what I think that word is)

is destined to prosper in the present

9th~12th
not smelled does not mean no smell
to smell does not mean to be seen
to be seen does not mean to be known
to be known does not mean to exist

Other side of the bed
1st~4th
if one has no more ambitions
for three lifetimes they will be buddahs(enlightenment)
3rd line I don't understand, it's buddism stuff
everything is made of a strong heart(could be interpreted in both good and bad considering the buddism belief)

the 2 lines on the side are the same as line 1 and 2

there's one more line all the way on the left...but I can't read the first word cuz of the light
but what I make out is

the former does not forget the master of the ladder

Z(n+1) = Z(n)^2 + c
{ () - parenthesis to denote subscript }

is related to the mandelbrot set & the fractal pattern seen on the wall. It describes the iterative process where the next complex number Z(n+1) is calculated by squaring the current Z(n) and adding a constant c. The fractal is an orbital about 0 for all values of c for which the iterative process remains bounded (i.e. doesn't generate off to infinity).

The Emails
Conference Room:

Warren:
The others and I have finished reviewing the Animus recordings from subjects 12-16. while the pice of eden remains our priority, we must all continue working to locate and understand the remaining artifacts. I am sure you can understand our reasoning behind this. although the satellite is intended to accomplish a fair portion of the work for us, we will certainly need to deal with those who are either immune to, or protected from - its effects.

please take a moment to look over our findings and get back to me with any feedback you may have. I will summarize below:

1. piece of eden (no.3) we applaud our continued efforts to locate an alternate artifact following the loss of no.2 in the DIA satellite accident. we understand subject seventeen is having trouble interfacing with hte animus, leading to delays. as a result, we estimate another 24 hours before your next critical update, in the meantime, we'll prepare an extraction team and set them to standby. we are relying on you to obtain the additional information we require. he knows where the other objects are - even if he doesn't realize it. you MUST unlock that final memory or all of this will have been for nothing

2. philadelphia project - data provided from animus subject twelve indicates that the ship briefly manifested in a future state for approximately 18 minutes. it is unclear whether the timeline is consistent with or parallel to our own. although we have recovered enough data to reconstruct and repair the original artifact used in the experiment, administration has refused to move forward on the project, citing paradox concerns. corporate policy remains in place: any objects found to interfere with or manipulate time must be contained. artifact will be moved to secure storage.

3. tunguska incident - now believed to be the direct result of assault by assassins. research station destroyed as was artifact. alternate wave generation devices have been located in storage, but we have insufficient data at the moment to initiate research. the risk of accident is too high. Linage Discovery and Acquisition Division should attempt to locate descendants of any attack survivors (either assassin or brotherhood) in order to continue research. resurrecting this particular type of technology will aid us greatly with any holdouts following the satellite's activation. we are putting together a team to push research in this area

4.grail(lol yes the holy grail) - we are removing the grail from our list of objectives. there is insufficient evidence to confirm its existance. current examination of subject seventeen indicates that aside from the piece of eden, all other artifacts related to christ-figure are literary devices(or derived from piece of eden) and not actual objects. even if the object is real, its use to us at this stage is negligible. our resources are better used elsewhere.

5. mitchell-hedges communicators - analysis of the objects is complete. the good news is that they work. as a result we now have a safe and secure communication channel for use after the launch. however, they are severely limited in number, and so we will be providing them only to our most essential facilities, you will obviously retain possession of the one you have.

Warren, I cannot stress how important it is that you wrap things up with subject seventeen as soon as posisble. we're obviously relieved that you seem to be closing in on the target memory. but you need to step it up. everything we're working towards depends on your retrieving those locations. without them, we've got nothing.

May The Father of Understanding guide you to success

A.R.

Warren's computer
Inbox
Talks continue regarding aftermath of l-111 outbreak: nearly 6 years later, little progress has been made in dealing with the repercussions of what history books now refer to as "the second plague." With nearly 96% of its population decimated over a 3-month period, the continent of Africa is now virtually uninhabited. Plans to divide up the continent have met with strong resistance and claims of neo-colonialism. One protestor had this to say: "Whether we are a hundred or a hundred million – this is still our home and no one has the right to take it from us"

Mexican president promises better border security: Concerned about record numbers of illegal immigrants entering his country, the president of mexico today promised to ramp up border security. The number of troops stationed along the border is expected to triple. Opponents are worried about an increase in violence between American refugees and Mexican troops. Fighting between the two groups has left 300 dead and nearly 1000 wounded over the past six months.

Warren:
Ifthis kid isn't going to get us what we need, its time to start looking elsewhere. Ive cc'd david from our acquisitions department. He may be able to provide you with a couple of additional test subjects should desmond be retired. In case you need reminding, WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME.
This **** with the fluoride enhancement is going to put us under a LOT of scrutiny. We need to launch on the 21st. if we wait any longer we risk everything being frozen during the investigation. I have a feeling that none of our friends in DC are going to do us any favors on this one. We'll deal with them come election time.
We've cleaned up the mess at DIA, but I'm hearing there's some ******* baggage handler trolling newsgroups and nutjob websites with his tales of mass murder and corporate cover-ups. Wheres he even getting his information from? Your report said the project lead killed everyone down there before our clean up crews arrived. I still don't understand how they managed to botch that up so badly.
Anyway, were trying to figure out who the hell he is so we can shut him up, but it's proving difficult. Im beginning to wonder if he doesn't have help. Seems there are still a couple of those assassin *******s running loose. It only takes one. but you already know that. Makes me wonder if the fluoride leak was internal after all... and if it was, are we sdealing with a whistle blower or something worse?
Im about ready to pull the plug on your subject seventeen. So either get me results or get another person into that animus.
-Alan

Hundreds hospitalized in wake of water tapering scandal: abstergo holding stands accused of secretly manipulating a small town's water supply in order to test a synthetic drug referred to internally as new fluoride.
Nation mourns the loss of final film studio: history was made today with the closing of the country's last movie studio. The rising prominence of video games coupled with rampant piracy are considered to be the leading causes of its demise.

Warren:
Ive downloaded our analysis of your latest findings onto the secure terminal in the conference room. It is CRITICAL that you review it and get back to us with any additional comments.
We cannot continue with the search until you sign off.
Please make this a priority
Cant access the computer. Wants a password.
Ill call security for you. Check your email shortly.

*As I don't feel like typing it up since its accessable from lucy's comp any time(the warning) so reply from Henry Liman:
Guess the ****'s really hit the fan this time. Someone managaed to leak a bunch of documents on the "fluoride enhancement studies" and now the pharmaceuticals division is under investigation by the feds. They've shut the entire place down. Did you see what was in those reports? What the hell were they thinking? They pretty much poisoned an entire town.
Wow. You beenwatching the news? Stock is going to take a hit from this for sure.
Want to grab lunch today?
It's about those idiots in the pills division. Were putting out a press release about the satellite. Telling them launch has been delayed until the 21st so that we can make improvements to the "coverage area". Some stuff about less dropped calls. For the "benefit of our consumers" of course. Lets just make sure you get what you need in time to meet the new launch window.

To:Alan
Mister rikkin:
Im hoping you might be able to help me understand why even five years after the fact, no one is willing to tell me what happened to my friend. If you are concerned about sensitive information being divulged as a result of sharing this with me... I think my record at the company speaks for itself.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
*Away message*
You told me she wasn't going to be a problem and here she is stirring up the **** again. Deal with this, warren. You vouched for her, youre responsible for her.

*email about Antarctic drilling(sorry hands getting tired)*

*email about hurricane season ending –sort of- hurricane season now extended year round and coastal cities are screwed; abstergo satellite launch postponed*

Outbox

All emails(2 of them) can be found on Lucy's computer during midgame

Deleted
*I will get to these another day*

Lucy's comp
-----------------------------------------------
INBOX
Warren Vidic September 3, 2:36
Re: Your pen
Time: Sep 2 - 22:46
To: Warren Vidic
Subject: Your pen.

Warren

Found your ACCES-KEY pen again today out by the parking lot. You really need to start keeping it IN your pocket instead of LETTING IT HANG off your coat. Try and take better care of your things, Warren. Imagine if Security had found it. The'd have shut us down for at least a day to reprogram all the computer access codes.

- Lucy
------------------------------------------------
Great, leave it @ my desk. worry less about my things and more about making animus work, thanks.

{this is proof for steeling Vidic his ACCES-KEY pen. Didn't know this at the time and now I can't enter his computer. it also says it's probably at his desk but no KEY there.

Administration september 3, 9:13
Classified information
As a general reminder, all employees of Abstargo Industries are prohibited from discussing corporate policy, proceedings, and projects. In light of pending litigation you are all reminded of sections 2.15 in your employment contract:

"You acknowledge and agree that ABSTERGO has developed such Confidential Information by the investment of significant time, effort and expense, and that such Confidential Information provides ABSTERGO with a significant competitive advantage in its business. You acknowledge and agree that a breach of this Agreement by Youwill therefor result in irreparable harm to ABSTERGO, the extent of whicch would be difficult to ascertain, and in any event money damages will be inadequate as a remedy in the event of such a breach. Accordingly, You agree that in the event of such a breach of this Agreement by You, ABSTERGO shall be entitled to injuctive, or other equitable relief as the court deems appropriate, in addition to any other remedies which it may have available."

Should you have any questions, pleasedo not hesitate to contact your human resource manager.

We thank you in advance for your compliance.

Warren Vidic September 3, 9:14
Re: Leila...
Time: Sep 3 - 21:05
Subject: Leila...

You said "wind up like Leila" earlier. What did you meen?

- Lucy

{as Desmond is project 17, could Leila be project 16?}
nothing. get back to work pls. we have a deadline

ps why do u sing your emails? it says right up top who its coming from

Nancy Nilop September 4, 11:45
Case File #1394 [Leila Marino]

Dear Nancy,

I am writing to enquire about the death of a former empoyee by the name of Leila Marino. I don't know if you were working here at the time (September of 2007). There was a apparently some kind of accident, but I'm not able to find any information on the subject

The coroner's office indicated that her file has been sealed. If it was a suicide, why is this information considered so sensitive?

Sincerely,

Lucy Stillman

{keep 1493 in mind I will explain later, also keep the date in mind}

Ms. Stillman,

I am sorry but I am not uathorized to discuss this employee or the circumstances regarding her departure from the company.

Warren Vidic September 4, 21:25
Re: Case Filed #1394[Leila Marino]
Time: Sep 4 - 12:02
To: Nancy Nilop
Subject: Re: Case File #1394[Leila Marino]

Nancy:

I don't understand why this information is so difficult to access. I've never heard of a company having the ability to declare a coroner's report "proprietary information". That's ridiculous. She was my friend. I just want to know what happend to her.

Lucy
Time: Sep 4 - 14:15
To: Lucy Stillman

Ms. Stillman,

Unfortunately I am unable to respon further to your inquiry. I Have cc'd Alan Rikkin on this email. Please direct all further questions to him. Thank you.
she killed herself. something about a relationship with a kid named Neumann. dont dip your pen in the company ink. now drop it.

there as actaully a personc called John von Neumann who whas claimed to be seen at the philedelphia experiment by two men}
quote:
In a more speculative and strongly paranormal vein, Al Bielek and Duncan Cameron both claim to have leapt from the deck of the Eldridge while it was in "hyperspace" between Philadelphia and Norfolk, and ended up, after a period of severe disorientation, at the Air Force station Montauk Point, Long Island in 1983, having experienced not only teleportation but time travel. They claim John von Neumann met them there (although officially he died in 1957). This story is part of a continuum involving another alleged secret US Government experiment into the paranormal known as the Montauk Project.

excerpt from wikipedia article : The Philadelphia Experiment.
Outbox
Lucy Stillman September 5, 8:36
Re: Case File #1394[Leila Marino]

Mister Rikkin:

I'm hoping you might bee able to help me understand why even five years after the fact, no one is willing to tell me what happened to my frien. If you are concerned about sensitive information being divulged as a result of sharing this is with me... I think my record at the company speaks for itself

Thank you, for your assistance in this matter.

Best,

Lucy Stillman

here you need the date earlier given to figure out were now in the year 2012 and wasn't there somthing about 12 december 2012
quote:
Specifically, 21 December 2012. It's a hugely important date, for it marks the 'end of the world as we know it'. The ancient Mayan civilisations used the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar (incidentally, we use the Gregorian calendar), and a significant event is supposed to take place. In Assassin's Creed this event is obvious, and it also tells us when the game takes place.

Reading through Vidic's emails you'll see that Abstergo must 'launch' on 21 December. It is safe, then, to say that the 'present day' antics take place in September 2012, and that Abstergo wish to launch the satellite on 21/12/2012 to begin the new era in control of mankind.
from xbox world 360 blog
Lucy Stillman September 7, 926
Re: conf room door
Time: Sep 7 - 9:13
Subject: conf room door

isn't working. remote acces is down or something. can u look & see what's wrong. don't have any time for this ****.
Time: Sep 7 - 9:20
Subject: Re: conf room door

Hi Warren:

The passcode was changed last night (they change them once a week). Do you have the new passcode?
-------------------------------------------------
Time: Sep 7 - 9:23

no what is it

{this code as date stands for 28 October 1943, the day the Philadelphia Experiment took place. Also the last 4 digits are the anagram of the case number of Leila Marino,remeber?}
Deleted Items
September 6, 8:25
??

Time: Sep 6 - 6:48
Subject: ??

NEED INTEL ON DIA EVENT
Time: Sep 6 - 6:58
To:
Subject:

AT LEAST TWENTY DEAD IN ACCIDENT. ASSUME THIS IS SIT OF LAUNCH. IF NOT LAUNCH, THEN CERTAINLY ASSEMBLY. SHOULD TRY AND INFLITRATE
Time: Sep 6 - 7:12
Subject:

WHAT IS PURPOSE OF LAUNCH?
Time: Sep 6 - 7:15
To:
Subject:

LOW EARTH ORBIT TRANSMITER FOR ARTIFACT. EXTENSION OF CONDITIONED RESPONSE EXPIREMENTS FROM FIVE YEARS AGO. IF SUCCESFUL THEY CONTROL EVERYTHING
Time: Sep 6 - 7:18
Subject:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN EVERYTHING?
Time: Sep 6 - 7:20
To:
Subject:

OUR MINDS
Time: Sep 6 - 7:34
Subject:

WHAT ABOUT DESMOND?
Time: Sep 6 - 7:47
To:
Subject:

THEY'RE USING HIM TO LOCATE ANOTHER ARTIFACT. I HAVE BEEN DELAYING BUT THEY ARE CLOSE NOW.
--------------------------------------------------
Time: Sep 6 - 7:56
Subject:

DOES HE KNOWS ABOUT US?
Time: Sep 6 - 8:03
To:
Subject:

NO
Time: Sep 6 - 8:16
Subject:

GOOD. KEEP IT THAT WAY FOR NOW.
Time: Sep 6 - 8:18
To:
Subject:

CAN YOU SEND RESCUE?
To: Lucy stillman
Subject: problems DOWN THERE?

WondEr Why It is everyone Laughs at you? i'll Let you guess. let's just say she's proBably gEtTinging it bigger and better from someone else tHat isn't you. how can you hope to compEte? REst asSured there are sOme gOod ways. click the liNk to see!

{if you put the capitals of this phrase you will get: WE WILL BE THERE SOON
How to get to the computers
One of the keycodes can be found in your closet after it turns up opened sometime ingame(I forget when sorry)
The other can be pickpocketed off of warren as he is walking, or drinking coffee in my case, with a random button push of any sort on the controller.
What we need to know
*I have no clue at this point, I have to sleep on everything we have and as questions arise I will post them*

Please if you have any questions post them after this and if you have any information changes/updates/HIGH QUALITY PICTURES please PM me.

BaToUrYu
11-21-2007, 12:23 AM
As the week goes on I will make this look pretty and such.
As this is a rather large undertaking it will take some time for me to put all this information into something understandable, please note NONE OF THIS HAS BEEN FIGURED OUT BY ME. I am simply putting all the information in one location so that we don't have to look through 80 pages of "I don't get it." It's all here. So let's begin, I will start down from what I have for now and then end up putting it in an understandable order.

Thank you to everyone that has PMed me and sent information my way.

What we know

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210078fl0.jpg
Square block of letters: "Artifacts sent to the skies to control all nations, to make us obey a hidden crusade. Do not help them"

Pyramid block of letters: "They drained my soul and made in theirs. I drain my body to show you where I saw it "

My second point of interest is the pyramid of letters (Yes, it's been deciphered, I know) but look past that. Look at the letters themselves. Why do only some letters glow brightly? And why, for that matter, are the dimmer ones almost always connected? It's possible it's just a coincidence, but it's a point I thought should have been brought to attention.

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210085mr0.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210086ob7.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210087sd0.jpg

Anyway from what I saw on the wall I recognized the name Quetzcoatl.
"Quetzcoalt's hunger lies the answers" is what was on the wall.
Well I googled that and what came up was Quetzalcoatl - the Aztec sky and creator god.

The line, Emperor Jiajing's sin and Quetzcoalt's Hunger lies the Answers, is a major hint. As said in the CVG blog, Quetzalcoatl is the Aztec god of the sky and sun, and that emperor Jia Jing was a cruel emperor that built the temple of the sun, and had an internal plot to overthrow him. What the blog didn't mention, however, is that he was notorious for forcing preteen girls into sexual encounters, to "empower his self" and had many Taoist priests collect many rare ingredients and items, not for collecting, however, but for elixirs to make his life eternal.(As a stroke of irony, it is suspected he overdosed on mercury found much too often in his potions) but the real reason he is remembered is not only for building the temple of the sun, but of the stars and the moon as well. Three temples were built, as well as an addition to the temple of the heavens, to destroy the Buddhist religion, and cause Taoism to rise, which can be described as the sins of wrath, pride, or, at a stretch, envy. So, the first impression when reading this line is that the answers, possibly more artifacts, lay within the temple of Quetzalcoatl, and one of the temples Jia Jing built.

However, there were grammatical errors, small, but noticeable. First, why capitalize the word, answers? By itself, even if referring to something special is a word almost never capitalized. Second, the word lies was misused. The proper form for this case would be lay, but instead the one meant as not the truth was used. And, third, Quetzalcoatl was misspelled, as Quetzcoatl.

Another thing you see on the wall is 22:13
This is a revelation in the bible apparently.
stating "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."
this makes sense because you see omega and alpha signs also on the wall.

Also you will see 13.0.0.0.0 on the wall. This is part of the Mayan calendar. on the Mayan calendar they use something called "long count" I'm not sure how it's done but the beginning date of the calendar is 0.0.0.0.0 while the ending date is 13.0.0.0.0 - which you may better recognize as December 21st, 2021, the day of Armageddon. I know pimpski187 mentioned 12212012 that were with the pyramid of letters. This obviously translates to the date of Armageddon.
Not necessarily Armageddon but I think it's when all the planets in the galaxy line up, hence the drawings on the wall of the planets lined up.

http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210076gu2.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210075wk6.jpg
Some of you might have noticed the words Yona Guni outside the window as well as a blood stain that looks like a Japanese building.
Yona Guni is a Japanese island, 1300 is actually 1300 AD...the time period in which Feudal Japan, the Koreans, and the Goths had conflict.

In fact, just go google Yona Guni, or Assassins Japan 1300AD and you'll see what I'm talking about.
My money says Assassin's Creed 2 is Japan, the next ancestor memory that's accessed was in fact a ninja.
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210075gp0.jpg
http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210076ms3.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210078nq3.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210077wa1.jpg
* Near the eastern windows in the lab, there are drawings of what looks like a bird and ant. I looked those up, and found out those are the Nazca Lines. A series of lines and shapes made by an unknown people out in the desert. You can only see their pattern from high up in the sky, and in fact, I found a picture online of the bird which is the EXACT same as the one in game.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1538/birdaz7.jpg
* On the western side near the conference door up on the platform, I noticed there was a drawing of what looked like two people. One a robed figure with a hood, and the other of what appears to be a bearded man. For some reason it looks like the robed figure is sucking something out of the man. (like, stealing his lifeforce or something. I dunno... lol)

http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210077am6.jpg
* The Eye of Horus is also on the eastern platform, which is said to represent the falcon's eye, and the sun. Seems we have two sun/sky symbols so far, the other being Quetzcoatl that was mentioned earlier.

* Also next to the eye is three pyramids lined up in a diagonal line, and of varying size. These have to be the Pyramids of Giza, which are lined up in such a fashion, and their sizes are also in the correct order.

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210079fm7.jpg
* The Pyramid with the eye in the center of it next to the Animus honestly makes me think of the eye pyramid on the back of the US 1 dollar. If I remember my Illuminati symbolism correctly, this is the all seeing eye that the illuminati and free mason's both used (found on back of one dollar bill)

http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210079vl5.jpg
* We then have the pyramid next to the exit door, with a shining apple above it. I don't know about the pyramid, but I'm thinking the apple is the Golden Apple which is used in many mythologies.
See above images
On the wall in the bedroom, I also noticed a small, handprint in the bottom left corner. It only had three fingers and a thumb. o.O Also, at the very top middle, there's some writing in English, but I can only make out a few words. Looks like: emperor, sin, and. I couldn't make out the rest. There's also a line of Hebrew underneath it, and the same characters again on the left. I actually attempted to try and translate it from websites, but no luck. I did learn that Hebrew characters also have a number value to them. That could be something.
The arc like shape (bedroom) on the left (multiple circles) and a smaller one by the abyss quote are fractals ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandelbrot_set )

the swirly thing is actually a ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_attractor )
1st line
one's life and death should be within their own hands

2nd line
one's problems should be dealt with on their own

3rd line (same as the 5th line)
I couldn't read the first character...
but it has something to do with a visionary fruit, like the apple in Eden

didn't get this one either, it's not a finished sentence, it means
the creator in this life is

7th line
those who do not trouble for the future

8th line(I can't read the last word completely, I'm going with what I think that word is)

is destined to prosper in the present

9th~12th
not smelled does not mean no smell
to smell does not mean to be seen
to be seen does not mean to be known
to be known does not mean to exist

Other side of the bed
1st~4th
if one has no more ambitions
for three lifetimes they will be buddahs(enlightenment)
3rd line I don't understand, it's buddism stuff
everything is made of a strong heart(could be interpreted in both good and bad considering the buddism belief)

the 2 lines on the side are the same as line 1 and 2

there's one more line all the way on the left...but I can't read the first word cuz of the light
but what I make out is

the former does not forget the master of the ladder

Z(n+1) = Z(n)^2 + c

is related to the mandelbrot set & the fractal pattern seen on the wall. It describes the iterative process where the next complex number Z(n+1) is calculated by squaring the current Z(n) and adding a constant c. The fractal is an orbital about 0 for all values of c for which the iterative process remains bounded (i.e. doesn't generate off to infinity).

The Emails
Conference Room:

Warren:
The others and I have finished reviewing the Animus recordings from subjects 12-16. while the pice of eden remains our priority, we must all continue working to locate and understand the remaining artifacts. I am sure you can understand our reasoning behind this. although the satellite is intended to accomplish a fair portion of the work for us, we will certainly need to deal with those who are either immune to, or protected from - its effects.

please take a moment to look over our findings and get back to me with any feedback you may have. I will summarize below:

1. piece of eden (no.3) we applaud our continued efforts to locate an alternate artifact following the loss of no.2 in the DIA satellite accident. we understand subject seventeen is having trouble interfacing with hte animus, leading to delays. as a result, we estimate another 24 hours before your next critical update, in the meantime, we'll prepare an extraction team and set them to standby. we are relying on you to obtain the additional information we require. he knows where the other objects are - even if he doesn't realize it. you MUST unlock that final memory or all of this will have been for nothing

2. philadelphia project - data provided from animus subject twelve indicates that the ship briefly manifested in a future state for approximately 18 minutes. it is unclear whether the timeline is consistent with or parallel to our own. although we have recovered enough data to reconstruct and repair the original artifact used in the experiment, administration has refused to move forward on the project, citing paradox concerns. corporate policy remains in place: any objects found to interfere with or manipulate time must be contained. artifact will be moved to secure storage.

3. tunguska incident - now believed to be the direct result of assault by assassins. research station destroyed as was artifact. alternate wave generation devices have been located in storage, but we have insufficient data at the moment to initiate research. the risk of accident is too high. Linage Discovery and Acquisition Division should attempt to locate descendants of any attack survivors (either assassin or brotherhood) in order to continue research. resurrecting this particular type of technology will aid us greatly with any holdouts following the satellite's activation. we are putting together a team to push research in this area

4.grail(lol yes the holy grail) - we are removing the grail from our list of objectives. there is insufficient evidence to confirm its existance. current examination of subject seventeen indicates that aside from the piece of eden, all other artifacts related to christ-figure are literary devices(or derived from piece of eden) and not actual objects. even if the object is real, its use to us at this stage is negligible. our resources are better used elsewhere.

5. mitchell-hedges communicators - analysis of the objects is complete. the good news is that they work. as a result we now have a safe and secure communication channel for use after the launch. however, they are severely limited in number, and so we will be providing them only to our most essential facilities, you will obviously retain possession of the one you have.

Warren, I cannot stress how important it is that you wrap things up with subject seventeen as soon as posisble. we're obviously relieved that you seem to be closing in on the target memory. but you need to step it up. everything we're working towards depends on your retrieving those locations. without them, we've got nothing.

May The Father of Understanding guide you to success

A.R.

Warren's computer
Inbox
Talks continue regarding aftermath of l-111 outbreak: nearly 6 years later, little progress has been made in dealing with the repercussions of what history books now refer to as "the second plague." With nearly 96% of its population decimated over a 3-month period, the continent of Africa is now virtually uninhabited. Plans to divide up the continent have met with strong resistance and claims of neo-colonialism. One protestor had this to say: "Whether we are a hundred or a hundred million – this is still our home and no one has the right to take it from us"

Mexican president promises better border security: Concerned about record numbers of illegal immigrants entering his country, the president of mexico today promised to ramp up border security. The number of troops stationed along the border is expected to triple. Opponents are worried about an increase in violence between American refugees and Mexican troops. Fighting between the two groups has left 300 dead and nearly 1000 wounded over the past six months.

Warren:
Ifthis kid isn't going to get us what we need, its time to start looking elsewhere. Ive cc'd david from our acquisitions department. He may be able to provide you with a couple of additional test subjects should desmond be retired. In case you need reminding, WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME.
This **** with the fluoride enhancement is going to put us under a LOT of scrutiny. We need to launch on the 21st. if we wait any longer we risk everything being frozen during the investigation. I have a feeling that none of our friends in DC are going to do us any favors on this one. We'll deal with them come election time.
We've cleaned up the mess at DIA, but I'm hearing there's some ******* baggage handler trolling newsgroups and nutjob websites with his tales of mass murder and corporate cover-ups. Wheres he even getting his information from? Your report said the project lead killed everyone down there before our clean up crews arrived. I still don't understand how they managed to botch that up so badly.
Anyway, were trying to figure out who the hell he is so we can shut him up, but it's proving difficult. Im beginning to wonder if he doesn't have help. Seems there are still a couple of those assassin *******s running loose. It only takes one. but you already know that. Makes me wonder if the fluoride leak was internal after all... and if it was, are we sdealing with a whistle blower or something worse?
Im about ready to pull the plug on your subject seventeen. So either get me results or get another person into that animus.
-Alan

Hundreds hospitalized in wake of water tapering scandal: abstergo holding stands accused of secretly manipulating a small town's water supply in order to test a synthetic drug referred to internally as new fluoride.
Nation mourns the loss of final film studio: history was made today with the closing of the country's last movie studio. The rising prominence of video games coupled with rampant piracy are considered to be the leading causes of its demise.

Warren:
Ive downloaded our analysis of your latest findings onto the secure terminal in the conference room. It is CRITICAL that you review it and get back to us with any additional comments.
We cannot continue with the search until you sign off.
Please make this a priority
Cant access the computer. Wants a password.
Ill call security for you. Check your email shortly.

*As I don't feel like typing it up since its accessable from lucy's comp any time(the warning) so reply from Henry Liman:
Guess the ****'s really hit the fan this time. Someone managaed to leak a bunch of documents on the "fluoride enhancement studies" and now the pharmaceuticals division is under investigation by the feds. They've shut the entire place down. Did you see what was in those reports? What the hell were they thinking? They pretty much poisoned an entire town.
Wow. You beenwatching the news? Stock is going to take a hit from this for sure.
Want to grab lunch today?
It's about those idiots in the pills division. Were putting out a press release about the satellite. Telling them launch has been delayed until the 21st so that we can make improvements to the "coverage area". Some stuff about less dropped calls. For the "benefit of our consumers" of course. Lets just make sure you get what you need in time to meet the new launch window.

To:Alan
Mister rikkin:
Im hoping you might be able to help me understand why even five years after the fact, no one is willing to tell me what happened to my friend. If you are concerned about sensitive information being divulged as a result of sharing this with me... I think my record at the company speaks for itself.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
*Away message*
You told me she wasn't going to be a problem and here she is stirring up the **** again. Deal with this, warren. You vouched for her, youre responsible for her.

*email about Antarctic drilling(sorry hands getting tired)*

*email about hurricane season ending –sort of- hurricane season now extended year round and coastal cities are screwed; abstergo satellite launch postponed*

Outbox

All emails(2 of them) can be found on Lucy's computer during midgame

Deleted
*I will get to these another day*

Lucy's comp
INBOX
Warren Vidic September 3, 2:36
Re: Your pen
Time: Sep 2 - 22:46
Subject: Your pen.

Warren

Found your ACCES-KEY pen again today out by the parking lot. You really need to start keeping it IN your pocket instead of LETTING IT HANG off your coat. Try and take better care of your things, Warren. Imagine if Security had found it. The'd have shut us down for at least a day to reprogram all the computer access codes.

- Lucy
Great, leave it @ my desk. worry less about my things and more about making animus work, thanks.

{this is proof for steeling Vidic his ACCES-KEY pen. Didn't know this at the time and now I can't enter his computer. it also says it's probably at his desk but no KEY there.

Administration september 3, 9:13
Classified information
As a general reminder, all employees of Abstargo Industries are prohibited from discussing corporate policy, proceedings, and projects. In light of pending litigation you are all reminded of sections 2.15 in your employment contract:

"You acknowledge and agree that ABSTERGO has developed such Confidential Information by the investment of significant time, effort and expense, and that such Confidential Information provides ABSTERGO with a significant competitive advantage in its business. You acknowledge and agree that a breach of this Agreement by Youwill therefor result in irreparable harm to ABSTERGO, the extent of whicch would be difficult to ascertain, and in any event money damages will be inadequate as a remedy in the event of such a breach. Accordingly, You agree that in the event of such a breach of this Agreement by You, ABSTERGO shall be entitled to injuctive, or other equitable relief as the court deems appropriate, in addition to any other remedies which it may have available."

Should you have any questions, pleasedo not hesitate to contact your human resource manager.

We thank you in advance for your compliance.

Warren Vidic September 3, 9:14
Re: Leila...
Time: Sep 3 - 21:05
Subject: Leila...

You said "wind up like Leila" earlier. What did you meen?

- Lucy

{as Desmond is project 17, could Leila be project 16?}
nothing. get back to work pls. we have a deadline

ps why do u sing your emails? it says right up top who its coming from

Nancy Nilop September 4, 11:45
Case File #1394 [Leila Marino]

Dear Nancy,

I am writing to enquire about the death of a former empoyee by the name of Leila Marino. I don't know if you were working here at the time (September of 2007). There was a apparently some kind of accident, but I'm not able to find any information on the subject

The coroner's office indicated that her file has been sealed. If it was a suicide, why is this information considered so sensitive?

Sincerely,

Lucy Stillman

{keep 1493 in mind I will explain later, also keep the date in mind}

Ms. Stillman,

I am sorry but I am not uathorized to discuss this employee or the circumstances regarding her departure from the company.

Warren Vidic September 4, 21:25
Re: Case Filed #1394[Leila Marino]
Time: Sep 4 - 12:02
To: Nancy Nilop

Nancy:

I don't understand why this information is so difficult to access. I've never heard of a company having the ability to declare a coroner's report "proprietary information". That's ridiculous. She was my friend. I just want to know what happend to her.

Lucy
Time: Sep 4 - 14:15

Ms. Stillman,

Unfortunately I am unable to respon further to your inquiry. I Have cc'd Alan Rikkin on this email. Please direct all further questions to him. Thank you.
she killed herself. something about a relationship with a kid named Neumann. dont dip your pen in the company ink. now drop it.

there as actaully a personc called John von Neumann who whas claimed to be seen at the philedelphia experiment by two men}
quote:
In a more speculative and strongly paranormal vein, Al Bielek and Duncan Cameron both claim to have leapt from the deck of the Eldridge while it was in "hyperspace" between Philadelphia and Norfolk, and ended up, after a period of severe disorientation, at the Air Force station Montauk Point, Long Island in 1983, having experienced not only teleportation but time travel. They claim John von Neumann met them there (although officially he died in 1957). This story is part of a continuum involving another alleged secret US Government experiment into the paranormal known as the Montauk Project.

excerpt from wikipedia article : The Philadelphia Experiment.
Outbox
Lucy Stillman September 5, 8:36
Re: Case File #1394[Leila Marino]

Mister Rikkin:

I'm hoping you might bee able to help me understand why even five years after the fact, no one is willing to tell me what happened to my frien. If you are concerned about sensitive information being divulged as a result of sharing this is with me... I think my record at the company speaks for itself

Thank you, for your assistance in this matter.

Best,

Lucy Stillman

here you need the date earlier given to figure out were now in the year 2012 and wasn't there somthing about 12 december 2012
quote:
Specifically, 21 December 2012. It's a hugely important date, for it marks the 'end of the world as we know it'. The ancient Mayan civilisations used the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar (incidentally, we use the Gregorian calendar), and a significant event is supposed to take place. In Assassin's Creed this event is obvious, and it also tells us when the game takes place.

Reading through Vidic's emails you'll see that Abstergo must 'launch' on 21 December. It is safe, then, to say that the 'present day' antics take place in September 2012, and that Abstergo wish to launch the satellite on 21/12/2012 to begin the new era in control of mankind.
from xbox world 360 blog
Lucy Stillman September 7, 926
Re: conf room door
Time: Sep 7 - 9:13
Subject: conf room door

isn't working. remote acces is down or something. can u look & see what's wrong. don't have any time for this ****.
Time: Sep 7 - 9:20

Hi Warren:

The passcode was changed last night (they change them once a week). Do you have the new passcode?
Time: Sep 7 - 9:23

no what is it

{this code as date stands for 28 October 1943, the day the Philadelphia Experiment took place. Also the last 4 digits are the anagram of the case number of Leila Marino,remeber?}
Deleted Items
September 6, 8:25
??

Time: Sep 6 - 6:48
Subject: ??

NEED INTEL ON DIA EVENT
Time: Sep 6 - 6:58
To:
Subject:

AT LEAST TWENTY DEAD IN ACCIDENT. ASSUME THIS IS SIT OF LAUNCH. IF NOT LAUNCH, THEN CERTAINLY ASSEMBLY. SHOULD TRY AND INFLITRATE
Time: Sep 6 - 7:12
Subject:

WHAT IS PURPOSE OF LAUNCH?
To:
Subject:

LOW EARTH ORBIT TRANSMITER FOR ARTIFACT. EXTENSION OF CONDITIONED RESPONSE EXPIREMENTS FROM FIVE YEARS AGO. IF SUCCESFUL THEY CONTROL EVERYTHING
Time: Sep 6 - 7:18
Subject:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN EVERYTHING?
Time: Sep 6 - 7:20
To:
Subject:

OUR MINDS
Time: Sep 6 - 7:34
Subject:

WHAT ABOUT DESMOND?
Time: Sep 6 - 7:47
To:
Subject:

THEY'RE USING HIM TO LOCATE ANOTHER ARTIFACT. I HAVE BEEN DELAYING BUT THEY ARE CLOSE NOW.
Time: Sep 6 - 7:56
Subject:

DOES HE KNOWS ABOUT US?
Time: Sep 6 - 8:03
To:
Subject:

NO
Time: Sep 6 - 8:16
Subject:

GOOD. KEEP IT THAT WAY FOR NOW.
Time: Sep 6 - 8:18
To:
Subject:

CAN YOU SEND RESCUE?
To: Lucy stillman
Subject: problems DOWN THERE?

WondEr Why It is everyone Laughs at you? i'll Let you guess. let's just say she's proBably gEtTinging it bigger and better from someone else tHat isn't you. how can you hope to compEte? REst asSured there are sOme gOod ways. click the liNk to see!

{if you put the capitals of this phrase you will get: WE WILL BE THERE SOON
How to get to the computers
One of the keycodes can be found in your closet after it turns up opened sometime ingame(I forget when sorry)
The other can be pickpocketed off of warren as he is walking, or drinking coffee in my case, with a random button push of any sort on the controller.
What we need to know
*I have no clue at this point, I have to sleep on everything we have and as questions arise I will post them*

Please if you have any questions post them after this and if you have any information changes/updates/HIGH QUALITY PICTURES please PM me.

Eville23x
11-21-2007, 04:43 AM
Excellent stuff. I missed accessing one of the computers (One not in the main room?) And I missed the conversation Desmond had with Lucy. Luckily my roomie triggered that one. The Golden Apple was also used in the Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson.(RIP) He spoofed it in various ways (Golden Appel importers, etc.) As well as using it as a basis for Discordians and Erisians. Add to that it's origins as the first temptation and the games explanation of the piece of eden being temptation..I'm sure it means nothing, neat none the less.

The second and third games are wide open as far as what they can do with it. I'd like to see the next one in Japan.

The rest of the emails sound like LOST conspiracy stuff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. The Philadelphia expirement?? Nice.

Eville23x
11-21-2007, 06:17 AM
I lost this thread right after writing that :/.

To clarify, I didn't get the conversation where Lucy explains how she got to be a part of the company.

Also, found this (also posted in another now lost thread.)
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/fbe201.htm
The Forgotten Books of Eden. I came upon it during a search for "Father of Knowledge." As well as several Muslim references and the article on Baphomet being the translation.

I wish they'd tell us what source material they used for the game. It's like food to a conspiracy history buff such as myself.

morbisx
11-21-2007, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210080rr5.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a tidbit that's relevant to that quote. 'Animus' is Latin for soul.

BaToUrYu
11-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Updated the post, added some interesting things pmed to me about Quetzcoatl and also a transcription of Lucy's emails.

xboxmaniac13
11-22-2007, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb210079vl5.jpg
* We then have the pyramid next to the exit door, with a shining apple above it. I don't know about the pyramid, but I'm thinking the apple is the Golden Apple which is used in many mythologies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well it could be that the apple is actually the apple that eve ate in the garden of eden, hence why the ball things are called pieces of eden, adding together to get the apple.
It is also the temptation of the apple as well, greed, etc. which kind of potrays itself in the game aswell.

Im not sure about the pyramid either though, could be something to do with Gods, or how the apple was on a tree, really not sure about that, but im thinkin it has to do more with the literal garden of eden, not the golden apple, but these are just my thoughts.

*edit*
Just realised this, on the game it says 'there are at least half a dozen' on the game (not so well on the picture) it shows 6 pieces of eden, but the section below that is shining brightly and is blurred, whether that may have anything to do with it im not sure, could just be more pieces of eden but i guess it could be anything.

dd22cowboys
11-22-2007, 07:25 PM
I dunno if this has been mentioned but, I noticed a connection between the butterfly shaped "lorenz attractor" and the Tunguska event mentioned in the game. On wiki it says that when the area of impact was observed, the trees were knocked over in the shape of a butterfly, aka lorez attractor.

xboxmaniac13
11-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Just found out another thing, the mayan date 13.00.00 which is 2021 i think it was, is only 3 months after the actual date in the game (Desmonds period) so if that might mean that the planets align at that point, it could have a significant meaning with the pieces of eden.

Here's a theory to what may happen, probs not right but what the heck.
At 2021 the planets align, the templars are eager to get the locations of the pieces of eden hence why they had a deadline, making me think that there must be a reason for the deadline e.g. 2021.
Im guessing that when the planets align, if the pieces of eden are all gathered (like the picture on the floor with the pyrimid and apple) then it may allow them to maybe access a greater place, like garden or eden or somthing.

They must realy be linked in some way, but lyk i says its only a theory, tell what you think about it?

dr4gon
11-22-2007, 08:15 PM
I think the Mayan calender ends in 2012, not 2021?

Also the "all seeing eye" isnt just found on the dollar bill. It's still used today and even the MTV aussie muisic awards used it as their logo for 2007. Hidden in plain sight....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhOt7vLlJfM

xboxmaniac13
11-23-2007, 05:07 AM
sorry my mistake, well whichever the date is im sure it is significant either way, especially from the amount it has been written on the wall

arbiol
11-23-2007, 08:47 AM
that date is very significant. in december 21 2012, if we look to the sun, we will be looking directly to the center of our galaxy. i think planets will align too. then a new era will begin and the 13.0.0.0 will start from 0.0.0.0 again (i'm not very sure of that :P)

this is the blog web where it's all explained
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552
it has got more screenshots too

raz22
11-23-2007, 08:57 AM
According to the comic that was distributed, Desmond breaks into Abstergo in 2012, also:

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/sircuddlesGHII/A...&current=ACBook1.jpg (http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/sircuddlesGHII/Assassins%20Creed/?action=view&current=ACBook1.jpg)

We also never did meet that "new security guard" that was hired...remember that e-mail in Vidic's computer? I wonder who that is.

haggisandtoast
11-23-2007, 09:29 AM
The Whole 12-21-2012 thing is this...
Abstergo is going to launch a satelite on that day...and in it will be the peice of eden that Altair found at the end of the game...thus giving them total control of humanity allowing them to "usher in a new era for mankind"

further proof is in emails in game
------------------------
To:
Subject:

----------------------

there's also the one email about the satelite launch delayed until December 21 (aka 12-21-2012)

CalevR
11-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Is it possible that the 12.21.20.12 has two meanins? What I mean is that today is 12.19.14.15 in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar so maybe this number means two different dates.

Also as far as I can tell the Hebrew letters Χ©ΧœΧ‘Χ¨Χ‘Χ expressed as a number do not mean anything. they are 300+30+60+200+2+1 which is 593, which could be a date (in Hebrew calendar) but nothing that seems to fit.

Eville23x
11-23-2007, 04:48 PM
The all seeing eye was part of Atlantis according to the Illuminatus Trilogy.

arbiol
11-24-2007, 02:44 AM
haggisandtoast

21 december 2012 is the end of the world as we know. in the game, that day will start a "new world", with all minds controlled

Eville23x
11-24-2007, 02:58 PM
One more thing..Anyone else notice in the achievements that the defender one for Damascus and Jerusalem have Asian kanji next to them? HMMMMMM?

AirRon_2K7
11-24-2007, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arbiol:
haggisandtoast

21 december 2012 is supposed the end of the world as we know. in the game, that day will start a "new world", with all minds controlled </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just though I'd add that. Just 'cos. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

NECESARY_EVIL
11-24-2007, 03:42 PM
i need to learn to read

haynesyb0y
11-24-2007, 04:02 PM
The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the
Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic
(path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree. This is an event that has been coming to
resonance very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. It will come to resolution at exactly 11:11 am GMT.
Just got linked to that oof COD off topic forum. Maybe thats when they plan to release the final in the trilogy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Good time for xmas sales. :P

Eliwood2492
11-24-2007, 04:44 PM
1)Eden= paradise. let's get that clear.
The Templars ultimate goal was to create world peace by controlling the minds of everyone so no arguments could arise. The PIECES OF EDEN are the artifacts that can create this "paridise"
2)the apple probably refers to both the apple from the Tree of Knowledge and Are's apple that started the trojan war. I'm pretty sure that Al-Mualin said that they are one and the same.
3) I'm going to work on the Hebrew letters. I've been speaking it since Kindergarden and have a pretty good chance. (it might be numbers or the ATBASH cypher actually)
4) I cant remember what else I was going to say but on a side note. I'm a ******* for not seeing ANY OF THIS STUFF except for the writings during the game and now I have to play the game again.

Eville23x
11-24-2007, 04:54 PM
The real fun, for me at least is the why. With something like the obvious physicality of an "apple," there is also what it represents. Greed, discord, etc. It's interesting to note what (for lack of a better descriptor) a Discordian adheres to and how he honors the actions of the golden apple. Manipulations and machinations etc.

Or I could be off my rocker. I do use a lot of tin foil.

Eliwood2492
11-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Well, as far as the hebrew goes I'm stuck. Mainly because I dont know some of the letters (theyre hard to tell what they are/ theres 2 possibilities for a few 2ish of them). I tried turning them into numbers and that didn't seem to work, neither did the atbash trick. Some translations seem to go along with the theme of us all dieing though:

Olam: the first four letters (right to left this is hebrew keep up people) spell Olam which means WORLD

Abad: The 3 letters spelled backwards (idky) mean to be lost or destroyed/ anihilated.

See where this is going? Olam abad roughly translates into destroyed world (I dont like the fact that one of the words is backwards though)

Alt Possibilaties:
Ol (pronounce Ole): first three letters which means wrongdoing or wrongdoer or sin depending

Medaber: speak

Ab: ancester

Ba: Come
Thats all I could get. I might ask an Isreali friend if I get around to it on monday

Alexiarmonov
11-27-2007, 09:52 PM
It seems to me that these writing all over the place are in reference to where these other artifacts could be found.

SkilledAzz
11-29-2007, 01:25 AM
The formula on the wall:

Z(n+1) = Z(n)^2 + c

Keep up the good detective work ppls!

p.s. anyone know how the square and triangle codes were deciphered? a cipher?

lpcrispo
11-29-2007, 06:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted Tue November 27 2007 20:52 Hide Post
It seems to me that these writing all over the place are in reference to where these other artifacts could be found. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes it is.
with this :

it tells it clearly :
Abstergo drained his soul (with the animus machine)... to make the knowledge theirs...

and the "subject" drain is body ( I remember Desmond saying that all the writting is in blood, so he drained is body from his blood to write this) to tell "Desmond" where it was (the knowledge...)

MojaveStorm1
11-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Ok so, I read something on the original post about a hand with three fingers and a thumb on the wall behind Desmond's bed. I remember specifically at one point in the game, I noticed Altair has his ring finger (i believe) missing from his left hand. I just thought it was cool since his assassin's blade came off of that arm, but evidently it matches up with what was found on the wall.

I know that doesn't solve the whole mystery, just thought it was interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anubis14_360
11-29-2007, 10:49 PM
i did read all of it beuses i have read stuff in other post. but nice work typeing all that down http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

BaToUrYu
11-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Updated again!

raziel42
12-05-2007, 11:16 AM
About the Hebrew in the end ,It clearly says "after-life" ,theres no question about it, its even partially punctuated.

And eden does not mean paradise, In fact there is no heaven and hell in the jewish bible.

ACfanboy12
12-05-2007, 11:39 AM
"They drained my soul and made in theirs. I drain my body to show you where I saw it "

THAT MEANS..... if we figure out exactly what these things mean, we will know where he saw it happen...

and maybe know about the sequel too

endo23
12-05-2007, 09:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MojaveStorm1:
Ok so, I read something on the original post about a hand with three fingers and a thumb on the wall behind Desmond's bed. I remember specifically at one point in the game, I noticed Altair has his ring finger (i believe) missing from his left hand. I just thought it was cool since his assassin's blade came off of that arm, but evidently it matches up with what was found on the wall.

I know that doesn't solve the whole mystery, just thought it was interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VERY interesting, because toward the end of the game LUCY waves to Altair subtly and I noticed she was missing her left hand ring finger. But I hadn't noticed Altair's was missing, so it didn't really register. So Lucy is an assassin? But if so, why wouldn't the "modern day" Templars notice this rather obvious sign? At any rate, very interesting stuff here guys, thanks for digging!

Bloxham
12-05-2007, 10:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by endo23:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MojaveStorm1:

I know that doesn't solve the whole mystery, just thought it was interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VERY interesting, because toward the end of the game LUCY waves to Altair subtly and I noticed she was missing her left hand ring finger. But I hadn't noticed Altair's was missing, so it didn't really register. So Lucy is an assassin? But if so, why wouldn't the "modern day" Templars notice this rather obvious sign? At any rate, very interesting stuff here guys, thanks for digging! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Her finger isn't missing. She just folds it down to make her point. Might be hard to see.

silver_015
12-20-2007, 02:45 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552&site=xbw

visit site for answers

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

L_sama
04-21-2008, 01:48 AM
actualy the hebrew are not olam abad but olam haba which is the roughly tranlated as the next world a.k.a heaven

hiredfreeman
04-21-2008, 04:46 PM
illuminati,templars,and the heir to the crown!

hilter didnt shoot himself he was a scapegoat!for future blue bloods!

knights of the holy land,traitors to thier own people,with an illusion of nobility,to shape a future! with,the sacrfice of man's free will!

manipulation,through media telling you what they want you to hear,but those humbled,are immune and can see through it all but, are held powerless to the holders of the artifacts!(if we can just get our hands on em)

an alliance,where the leaders are enemies to thier own people, irreparable truth(lies)!

to 1 oil man its about prophit,but to 2 enemies of 2 nations,but for now allied ,its about thier own crusade,both means the way of taking away free will of man!and both evil from the long path of greed,and power! from the assassination of presidents,campaign leaders abroad,not just our own!And the ones who deserve it the most still breathe!

and at the cost of the very people who give them this power!put down the lil ball and lets get it on!

its at the point ,that everyone without a purpose to thier needs is just a waste and they know where the disposal is!

nothing is true only what is permitted! truly these are dark times we live in!

this is only part of the riddle!I feel like somebody is talking to us!

So who are you?

do we call you Quetzcoatl?

I could be way off but thats how i feel by the end of the game! kinda like star wars but behind the red tape!

truly a most brilliant game,you have enticed both mind and the feeling of prophecy fulfillment! with a riddle using facts and points with history and mystery that the us gov and saudi's would hate to have,dwelling in our minds!

not gonna lie tho, those begging women got really old,if ya make a new game give me enough money to pay them to SHUTUP!STFU! omg are they annoying i had to mute my tv!

auslander11
06-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Just finished the game myself, and in order to give a shape to my thoughts, I sketched out some rough notes. I think only the first paragraph isn't completely spoiler-laden, but other than that, there are a few questions to which I couldn't come up with realistic answers, some idle musings, and some clarifications that I thought necessary when reading the summations that a lot of people came up with (most of which seemed to harbor some sort of 'There's no real evidence the story will go in this direction, but gosh I hope it will!' conjecture, especially regarding the e-mail on the Grail.) Just one person's thoughts, at the end of the game.

The Animus and Desynchronization: Given the fact that assassinating innocents results in a decrease on the synchronization bar, and the fact that the game is pretty clear that on the one hand Desmond is living his ancestor's memories, and on the other hand that there's a 'control scheme', it seems that the Animus really digs the memories out and presents them to Desmond in the form of an environment with which he can interact, but that activities that Altair did not, in fact, perform (such as being attacked by guards or killing innocents) causes stress on his ability to further remember the actual timeline. The further that he diverges from the actual past without giving himself time to 'settle' back into the real memories, as symbolized by the synchronization bar, the more likely the entire image is to disincorporate and be required to be reloaded at the last stable point. Ergo, by killing a lot of innocents, the player is not creating or living a timeline in which Altair was a psychopath.

Evidence In-Game Which Indicates that Current History Diverges from the History Presented In-Game (a la Vidic's reference that what gets taught as history is not always correct):

Al Mualim comments that he's been accused of using drugs to inspire loyalty among assassins, implying that the real world history of assassins is already taking root in the game world, but is refuted (the game takes place in about the center of the timeline of real-world assassins, as the Nizari based themselves in the fortress of Alamut in 1090, the game takes place in 1191, and Alamut was assaulted by Mongols in 1256). The fact that the assassins in the game seem to disregard religion (when referring to Abu'l Nuquoud's purchase of wine, Altair states: "If he can ignore the laws of his Prophet so easily" possibly implying by the use of the word 'his' that he doesn't share the religion of Nuquoud) potentially implies that the group of assassins founded and run by Al Mualim is a non-religious offshoot of the Nizari, possibly even founded for the sole purpose of regaining the Piece of Eden. Odd that there's no mention in-game of Saladin laying siege to Masyaf just 15 years before Altair's time.

It should be noted that quite a few of the other 10 who found the piece ascended to positions of power, but must have been relatively humble to start with. This raises the question: what was this group of 10 doing together in the first place, given the fact that their interests were so diverse prior to finding the Piece of Eden and formulating their plot for peace revolving around it - was this 'Brotherhood' already in existence? Did they know what they were looking for, and the power that it had?

Incidentally - PIECE of Eden, or PEACE of Eden? Probably the former, but interesting thought.

In the history of the game, de Sable was killed prior to the Battle of Arsuf, though what impact this has on a divergent history for the game is questionable. In reality, King Richard's forces won the battle, but it's possible that with de Sable out of the way, and with the Knights Hospitaller in potential disarray after de Naplouse's assassination that Saladin might've won the battle in this reality. If Richard's forces were victorious, though, it's likely that history would barely have changed. Though de Sable was given Cyprus, the Templars did not keep it for long. In addition, de Sable founded a house of the order in Acre, but that could easily have been done (in the game-world's timeline) by a successor.

It should be noted that much as Majd Addin ascended after the Brotherhood discovered the Piece of Eden, de Sable was had only just become the Grand Master of the Knights Templar in 1191 himself. At the time of his election, he'd been a Templar for less than a year, hinting that the timing might've been part of the Brotherhood's plot as well.

The Brotherhood's existence implies that Abstergo might not, in fact, be descended from Templars, but from the Brotherhood - treated from this point on as a separate entity if for no better reason than to distinguish between the real-world history of the Knights Templar, and where it diverges in the game - and as such, that real life history might not differ quite that much from the timeline of the game. As well, with the notation regarding the Philadelphia Project, that the timeline for the game may at some point be folded back into a real-life timeline.

The first mention of Abstergo is as a pharmaceutical company specializing in anti-depressants, seeming to follow on the work of de Naplouse, using drugs to control people. The fact that Altair's memories tell nothing about the actual location of the Piece of Eden (unless we're to assume that it was just left sitting in the spot where it rolled after Al Mualim's death - and even then it seems likely that Masyaf would've been one of the places already searched by Abstergo), Vidic seems far more interested in the other spots indicated by the hologram the Piece displays.

Ways in Which the Game World and the Real World Differ from Each Other, Creating a Divergent Timeline:

De Sable being killed in 1191 rather than later could cause changes between the real life history of the Templars and the game's history.

The existence of a non-religious (though not necessarily atheist) group of assassins surviving after Al Mualim's death (and clearly lasting up to 2012) differs from real world history.

If Abstergo is operated by the descendants (philosophically, if not literally) of the Templars, and if it is true that in the game world's timeline that the Templars were, after de Sable and the others first found the Piece, abandoning their religion while ostensibly remaining part of it to have more resources with which to search for the Piece, then it clearly differs from the real world in both their continued existence as a powerful organization, and their ongoing fight with the continued Assassins. If they are descended from the Templars, and not an even more secretive "Brotherhood", then Vidic's awareness of their continued existence raises other questions - if those in Abstergo's employ who rate as low in the corporate structure as Vidic are aware of this tie (he's not even a Project Lead) then are other people? How common is this knowledge?

This may not be a question meant to be raised, though, as the 2012 chronology of the game is clearly meant to inspire 'conspiracy theorist' thinking, and in conspiracy theories, almost everyone in the employ of a conspiracy except at the very lowest levels is completely aware of the existence of the conspiracy of which they're a part. As such, the idea that a huge number of Abstergo employees, at Vidic's level and above (if not somewhat below his level as well - that's never made clear, since the only employees we meet are him and Lucy) might not be indicative of the realistic notion that this information would slip out and become common knowledge, but instead be intended as part of the 'conspiracy' mindset - the idea that everyone who is a part of it is aware of it, but that the information never seeps out because they're all so completely devoted to their cause, no matter what.

Other Subjects of Study Mentioned in Vidic's E-Mail:

Philadelphia Project: Potential deus ex machina device to be used to cause in-game history to correspond to real-world history. That being said, Abstergo does mean 'to wipe clean', which implies that it could lead to future missions involving sending someone into the past; this is unlikely, though, considering the fact that they've packed this artifact away because of paradox concerns. In addition, the game's acknowledgement of different languages and dialects being in use certainly indicates that a person from the present day being sent back in the game would encounter severe difficulties, making it unlikely as a future in-game device. The note, however, implies that the only data that Abstergo has on this event was from the Animus (presumably, that's how they got their hands on the artifact as well) and therefore that the game-world history may well have other as-yet undiscovered 'artifact events' that neither the Templars nor the Assassins caused.

Tunguska Incident: Abstergo either conducting research in 1909 or with records of a facility that was doing so. Abstergo's assumption that Assassins were behind the blast implies that they have evidence of assassins working throughout history up until then as well. If so, then this is another real-life/game-world divergence, but if that's the case, then it's odd that both worlds resulted in the same blast. That implies that the game world is supposed to coincide with real-world history, which means that the Assassins have been extant for 1,000 years, that either the Brotherhood and/or the Templars have as well, and that Abstergo is run by the Brotherhood with no one outside the company realizing the truth. A typical flaw in conspiracy theories, but it is just entertainment, after all.

Grail: Unlikely to exist, and if it does, then it's unlikely to possess any powers. In the game world, it's made clear that almost all miracles performed by actual humans were due to the Piece of Eden, and therefore the idea that a cup that caught someone's blood would suddenly have been imbued with power seems unlikely. However, if Christ carried the Piece of Eden to perform his miracles, then it seems possible that references to the Grail may well have been references to the Piece. The complete lack of grail references in the notes left from Subject 16 back this up.

Mitchell-Hedges Communicators: As unlikely as they are to be ancient in the real world (on par with the likelihood of the Nigerian businessman e-mailing me to be legitimate, for instance) they seem to be in the game world. The fact that they've only recently been studied implies that the Brotherhood only just became aware of the potential use of them, or only just came into possession of them. Since they're already in Abstergo's hands, then they matter little, but the fact that the e-mail refers to "a safe and secure communication channel for use after the launch" is interesting. It implies that communications with the satellite in orbit and in use would be either 'unsafe', 'insecure' or both. If the Piece of Eden does what it should, then safety from those listening shouldn't be a concern, since they would be under control. Perhaps the Piece takes effect when one is subject to communication routed through the satellite? It bears considering.

"Father of Understanding": A link between Abstergo and the Templars. The Templars were accused of worshipping Baphomet - it's one of the reasons that they were exterminated by the Church in 1312, one of the heresies of which they were accused. "Arkon Daraul" suggested that the origin of the name Baphomet might be from Arabic meaning "The Father of Understanding".

A Thought on the Templars In-Game:

Given the overlap between the Brotherhood (that being a group of which the 10 who found the Piece of Eden were members or founders) and the Templars (which apparently enjoy a more ecclecic membership in the game than they did in reality, with Arabic despots claiming that they're with the Templars) it bears mentioning that the two could well be linked without being synonymous. The Brotherhood could exist within the Templar order, using the 'Templars' as their training and recruiting arm, so that many members of the Brotherhood would rise out of the Templars, but no Templars (unless they've risen and been inducted into it) would be aware of the Brotherhood. This would allow the game-world history to include the destruction of the Templars under false allegations of Baphomet worship when in fact the evidence found by the Church of those practices in reality was linked to the Brotherhood - of whom they were unaware, thinking only that those guilty were Templars. Thus in the game's modern timeline, the Templars could be all but destroyed, or a separate organization, while the Brotherhood continues.

Eagle Sight at the End:

Caused by the Bleeding Effect, where Altair's memories start to bleed into Desmond's mind, this potentially indicates that Altair's Eagle Vision and his immunity to the Piece may be hereditary, perhaps implying that his 'bloodline' would be slightly different than the rest of humanity. Given that Desmond's parents are referred to as living in one of the places destroyed in Abstergo's hunt on assassins, this doesn't seem entirely implausible.

The Writing on the Wall (and Floors):

The Codes: Written from the bottom right and running up, the only language I could find that used this scene was Berber, used in the area of Libya and Algeria, and just south. The area doesn't coincide well with the game setting, as such, the reason for this format might just have been 'to be cryptic'.

Odd Spheres to the Left Over the Bed: Hand-drawn Mandelbrot pattern.

Jiajing's Sin: Seems to point to his quest for immortality. There are any number of other 'sins' that this could refer to, but given the fact that any number of them were committed more atrociously (and with more regularity) by other leaders, Caligula, for instance, the quest for immortality seems to be the one indicated here. Though there seems to be little overlap with Quetzalcoatl's hunger, unless we take the Quetzalcoatl reference as possibly referring to the belief that the Aztecs took Cortes to be Quetzalcoatl, and taking that to be a 'hunger' for immortality of a different sort. That's rather convoluted, though, and instead it seems that the two refer to different aspects of some as yet unknown 'answer' - Jiajing's sin of searching for immortality, and Quetzalcoatl's hunger.

The Eye of Providence: Though the symbol was used to indicate the Christian trinity (though, it bears pointing out, not created for that purpose, having been extant long before Medieval times) there is no context to tie it to anything else - it could mean literally anything. The closest other marking linked to it (symbolically) would be the Eye of Horus, of which this might just be another version, but there's no way to say for sure. As such, if it is referenced again, it's likely that it will seem clear in retrospect, but again, without context, there's no way to know which historical manifestation of the symbol is being implied. Unlikely to relate to the Illuminati, as they've only been in existence for a few hundred years, though it is a potential link if they came into possession of one.

Prevalence of Pyramids: Unlikely to tie specifically to Meso-America, but not impossible. The references to that region and culture are the pyramids, the long count date (12/21/2012) and referring to Quetzalcoatl. The Quetzalcoatl reference is telling, occuring as it does next to the butterfly-like image of a plotted Lorenz System, given the quote "There is only one god; [he is] named Quetzalcoatl. He requireth nothing; you shall offer him, you shall sacrifice before him only serpents, only butterflies." Given the fact that his city (Tollan Cholollan) was a place of pilgrimage after war, when making peace, it's possible that another Piece of Eden (perhaps with the same or similar properties) may indeed have been there, taken by the Spanish, allowing the chase for it to take place in Europe, a more likely place to find an Assassin. This does not, however, negate the possibility of the pyramids indicating other cultures as well - as with the Eye of Providence, the symbol is so universal that it could mean almost anything.

The Long Count: Seems only to indicate the end of this world and the beginning of another, coinciding with Abstergo's plans. Given the fact that the deadline apparently can't be changed, there seems to be some significance above and beyond Abstergo's control, implying that if their plans fail, that they'll have lost their chance. It bears stating that even a cursory glance at the writings on the long count indicates that it is not some other culture's date for a Judeo-Christian Armaggedon, but a fundamental re-ordering of the world and the start of a new one. Abstergo's 'zombification' in and of itself would likely not qualify, but as the date has significance, it can be taken to mean little else.

Yonaguni: Unlikely to refer to the extant island, more likely to refer to the underwater formations off the coast, and the idea that they were artificial. This hypothesis is strengthened by Vidic's statement that there were at least two no-longer-extant landmasses on which pieces rested. As there seems to be little to tie Yonaguni to any one of the world's many, many 'sunken landmass' legends, though, it's difficult to infer more.

Nazca Lines: Indicate area, but little else, as even conspiracy theories only suggest that their creation indicates that the people of that time and place had devices capable of flight. In and of itself, not enough information on which to draw a conclusion.

Pentagram: Symbolism too multi-layered. It essentially means hundreds of things, depending on the social context in which it's used, and there is no context (or no singular context, at any rate) here. Most likely a reference to Baphomet, and through that, to the Templars, but nothing certain. There doesn't seem to be any consistent tie between the above 6 elements (there are a few, but nothing that draws a particular line that says 'this means THIS' - the Meso-American symbols for instance - but they don't appear in any context that relates directly and meaningfully to any of the other signs of that culture left by Subject 16) thus denying much in the way of context, so for the moment they're a big blank.

Apple Imagery: See below.

Apples and Eden: Given the notion that the Piece of Eden is being symbolized by Subject 16 with an apple, that may indicate that Eden was kept in a pristine state by this orb, and was only defiled by being removed by someone. At that point, chaos ensued, and Eden was ended or lost. The notion that it was placed in the Ark of the Covenant does create a bit of a paradox, though, if it still rested there by the time that the Templars arrived. If so, how could it have been used by Christ, unless after his death, someone thoughtfully put it right back? He did exist well after Solomon, so if he was using the same piece, then it shouldn't be under Solomon's Temple. This implies that the Holy Land itself may well feature more than one of the Pieces. Given modern ideas about the location of the Garden of Eden, it brings up the possibility that the Garden might well have been created with the Pieces as some sort of high tech means of behavior control for the inhabitants that was subsequently destroyed, the parts scattered over the world by looters or fleeing inhabitants. If this is the case, then a few questions arise:

Who created the artifacts, and if they were powerful enough to do so, how did they miss the obvious fact that some people are able to resist their power? Or is this instead just a literary device to demonstrate the indomitability of the human spirit? Perhaps each 'Piece of Eden' is the same, indicating different ones dispersed across the globe to create such societies all over the world - which makes a bit more sense, even the DIA incident could've been caused by someone who had something other than peace on his mind creating images that caused the others to be filled with envy or anger, for instance. Perhaps the creators of the orbs didn't 'miss' the fact that some people were immune at all, and Altair's bloodline was actually intended to be unaffected so that they could do some job for the orbs' creators without becoming 'zombies'. That would explain why he has abilities above and beyond what normal people do.

Further indicating the 'piece of eden/apple' parallel is the mention of Eris's Golden Apple. Much like the fruit of the tree of knowledge, it was something ostensibly insignificant (though in Eris' case, it at least had the benefit of being made of gold) that inspired so much desire in those who were exposed to it that they went to disproportional and even self-destructive lengths for it. This backs up the DIA incident, in that those who were exposed to it went into a rage and killed each other, quite possibly out of desire to possess it. None of the references, though, indicate the different uses of them. It seems they can be used to spark possessive jealousy as well as creating illusions, but leaving the mind intact (as in the biblical references) or to create 'zombies' as Al Mualim did. Possibly it relates to the mindset of the one currently possessing the orb, but without further detail in-game, there's no way to say for certain.

godsmack_darius
06-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Maybe this will help you all, I was looking at an interview, it will open a whole new world of ideas for you, trust me

What can you tell me about Assassin's Creed 2 that you haven't told anybody else? What is the one thing that I should be screaming from the rooftops?

[laughs] You're too late, it would have been yesterday. I guess I said it all. What can I tell you what I haven't told anyone yet? We talked about factions ... blending ...

You can tell me something ... obscure.

Oh yeah? Well, you know, everything on the walls will be explained eventually. It was a message. In the first game, the thing at the end wasn't about the second game. The guy who wrote that on the wall wasn't like, "Hey gamers, I'm telling you where we're going next!" That's not the point.

It's not linear?

It has nothing to do with Assassin's Creed 2. What's written on the wall has to do with the Assassin's Creed universe, not the second one.

Ah. Do you ever see yourself making different kinds of Assassin's Creed games, set in the same universe?

You mean to go to different time periods in one game?

Let's go with that.

Yeah, that I thought about. We're just maybe afraid ... how do you communicate this?

It would be jarring, you think?

Yeah, for us, but also for the gamer. But you never know. I would like to do it someday.

Well, let's think about the other angle. What about making a game that doesn't play like Assassin's Creed but is still set in the same universe?

That I would like to do also.

Assassin's Kart. Altair's Big Golf Tournament.

Maybe not like that ... but why not? I have many ideas that we could show. I know, for example, that we could do -- and we're talking here, right, there's no plan about what I'm about to say. We could do a game without the animus just in the Assassin's Creed universe, or only with the animus, somehow doing something really special that has nothing to do with memories. The universe, the way I see it, is really vast. It's this ongoing war between assassins and templars. That's the real Assassin's Creed story. And this war has being going on for a long time. I'm telling you. At the end of AC 2 you'll say, "Holy crap, I never saw it coming."

"I'm telling you. At the end of AC 2 you'll say, 'Holy crap, I never saw it coming.'"
So people won't be mad at the cliffhanger?

There will be a cliffhanger; it's cool to have a cliffhanger.

Yeah, the producer was telling me that it should be a little frustrating.

It has to be. But this time around it'll be easier to replay all the missions. So you can go back and have fun on your favorite missions. I'm not telling you how exactly, it'll come later in a communication about the game, but I'm telling you this. You know what? I wanted to replay some missions and was like, "Oh ****, it's tough."

That's what I was saying. Because you can't see the animus parts again.

But this time around, you'll see. You'll see.

Oh and guys heres another interesting interview I found, I dont no if it is good or bad http://www.videogamesblogger.c...ltimate-assassin.htm (http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/06/10/assassins-creed-3-will-see-desmond-become-the-ultimate-assassin.htm)

FeelingAMoment
09-14-2009, 02:19 AM
Great Job dude, really nice and specific explanations on a lot of things!

However, your translation on those Chinese words/poems on Desmond's bedroom wall are not exactly correct, I will make some amends here, hope yo don't mind =p

1st line & 2nd line
one's life and death should be handled by their own
one's problems should be dealt with on their own(correct)

3rd line (same as the 5th line) &

if you want to know the outcome in the future

you are the one who is directing it

7th line & 8th line
those who do not have worries for the future

must have concerns/worries about the present

9th~12th
rather to hear than not hearing it
rather to see than just hearing it
rather to understand than just seeing it
rather to put it into actions than just understanding it

some of them are really catchy and meaningful in Chinese peoples' life.

Once again, good job buddy!

Xanatos2007
09-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Must be a zombie apocalypse... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Who's been playing with my necromancer's compendium? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

FROGGEman2
09-14-2009, 05:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Must be a zombie apocalypse... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Who's been playing with my necromancer's compendium? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the zombies have really been stirring lately...

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-01-2010, 10:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eville23x:
The all seeing eye was part of Atlantis according to the Illuminatus Trilogy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoL What!?