PDA

View Full Version : no guns in the furutre of assassins creed

the_atm
04-25-2011, 01:02 PM
lets say that the next assassin's creed takes place during the future, well now, and the present in 2012. this is probably what we can expet and how i have come across my ideas.

first, no guns. Reason: because the multiplayer is training Abstergo Recruites. i dont see any guns in their exept for the hidden gun. Second is well maybe just me or there might be something to it, but Rebeca said she went in the animus once and spent all day fireign guns, how borring, this could be Ubisoft saying that 3rd person shooting games are boring, again is it just me?

second would be that in all the lugage you see in both ideouts, you never see a single gun, the guards have night sticks, no pistoles, and Desmond has a hidden blade, now why would he have a hidden blade when he could have a gun? because there is no guns. sorry i'm rushed but do i ahve a point do you think?

what do you think? do you have any more evidence to support my idea?

the_atm
04-25-2011, 01:02 PM
lets say that the next assassin's creed takes place during the future, well now, and the present in 2012. this is probably what we can expet and how i have come across my ideas.

first, no guns. Reason: because the multiplayer is training Abstergo Recruites. i dont see any guns in their exept for the hidden gun. Second is well maybe just me or there might be something to it, but Rebeca said she went in the animus once and spent all day fireign guns, how borring, this could be Ubisoft saying that 3rd person shooting games are boring, again is it just me?

second would be that in all the lugage you see in both ideouts, you never see a single gun, the guards have night sticks, no pistoles, and Desmond has a hidden blade, now why would he have a hidden blade when he could have a gun? because there is no guns. sorry i'm rushed but do i ahve a point do you think?

what do you think? do you have any more evidence to support my idea?

alientraveller
04-25-2011, 01:09 PM
It'd be a shame to take away guns after their usage in AC2 and ACB.

itsamea-mario
04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
They can't really get away with giving renaisance guards guns, and not giving some modern day guards guns.

What do you want ranged enemies to use? Bows.
At least they'll have guns.

I think the point of the abstergo recruits is to be Anti assassins. since it seems that even in modern times assassins prefer stealth, parkour and hand-to-hand, rather than shooting, so Abstergo decided to fight fire with fire.

I think that Rebecca thing was more a dig at us, than anything with any actual meaning. you know how much we (you) like to complain about guns.

Well i think that the guards at the abstergo base not having guns may be something to do with them not wanting to damage equipment. but apart from that, i think it might just be that ubi never bothered to design any guns or gun mechanics for such small parts of the game, or maybe they where undecided.

As for mystery inc, not having any guns, maybe they do but they don't have them on display, or maybe in this world, guns are Id tagged MGS4 style.

And i think desmond doesn't have a gun because he spent all his time learning with blades, doubt he'd be as proficient with a gun. But you never know he may learn for the next game.

If the next game is set in 2012, i'm fairly sure guns will be featured.

This is a very old and repeated topic.

crash3
04-25-2011, 02:28 PM
if AC3 is in 1789 paris/french revolution the gun will be the crossbow equivalent, some 18th century style pistol that is a single shot and takes time to reload

modern day assassins will probably only used silenced pistols or silenced sniper rifles. again one shot at a time keeping it stealthy

DeSabellis
04-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Every three months, this topic appears... without fail and it always is written the same way.

Of course there are firearms in 2012 in the Assassins Creed Universe! Remember the Fall comic series that just came out? What, was World War 1 and 2 changed in the Assassins Creed universe so that soldiers fought with dirks, sticks, rocks, and their fists? No, they used handguns, rifles, and various other armaments that normal people would use based upon advancing technology.

Then through debates, it's painfully obvious that no one here has ever been around a firearm, let alone fired one. Firearms are not 'silenced', they are muffled, which still leaves them being very loud. A suppressor, which is the current term for it, reduces the sound of a firearm to what it would sound like with ear protection- still very loud.

Besides, can you fathom a world where people can be tracked through cell phone towers and people can have their memories read and relived by a machine known as an animus, but firearms don't exist? Well according to the original post, they did exist- but after everyone realized how much more efficient getting stabbed was, they stopped producing them.

wabashop2011
04-26-2011, 07:03 PM
@crash3
Yeah the modern day assassins are probably REALLY big on one shot kills. (if there using a gun)

Borgia Reject | PSN: wabashop