PDA

View Full Version : How do you get your wingmen to attack ships?

Spitf_ACE
11-02-2004, 10:32 AM
I know there is a command to tell them to Attack Ground/target ships, but this doesn't seem to work. Often they just drop their bombs into open water instead of lining up an attack.

Neither does the attack my target, as you can't target the ships.

The AA is deadly so I don't want to make more than one pass if I can avoid it.

Maybe the AI is more advanced than I expect and is looking to preserve it's own life by not going near that nasty flak.

mortoma
11-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Bump!! I'd suggest treating this as a bug and reporting it to the bug report email address that Oleg set up for bug reports. Although it's more an omission than a bug, they should take care of a blunder like that. But you're right, there is no command for attacking ships.

A.K.Davis
11-02-2004, 01:10 PM
No, there is a command for "attack ships," however it does not seem to work well or consistently. I'm also afraid you may have to be within 3km of the ships for the AI to respond to the command, which is a very short distance to be fiddling with the radio over a carrier battle group. I don't know, it's way too inconsistent for me to figure what is going on with the AI, but it is definitely neither intuitive nor reliable.

Tater-SW-
11-02-2004, 02:25 PM
PLanes with MGs don't seem to bother, only bombs and rockets.

tater

A.K.Davis
11-02-2004, 02:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tater-SW-:
PLanes with MGs don't seem to bother, only bombs and rockets.

tater <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup, A-20G, B-25J, Beaufighter: the strafers that won't strafe.