PDA

View Full Version : Heads up-New HSFX has been released

Metatron_123
03-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Just to inform you that the new HSFX V5 modpack is now out.

Fully compatible with the latest patch, and what can I say, a trouble free installation, and it's full of goodies, including the Spanish Civil War era Bf 109s, new 3d models for the Mig-3 and Zero, a ton of maps... The list goes on.

Highly recommended!

Metatron_123
03-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Just to inform you that the new HSFX V5 modpack is now out.

Fully compatible with the latest patch, and what can I say, a trouble free installation, and it's full of goodies, including the Spanish Civil War era Bf 109s, new 3d models for the Mig-3 and Zero, a ton of maps... The list goes on.

Highly recommended!

Boosher
03-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Awesome news, Metatron! Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing the UP release isn't far away either.

Feathered_IV
03-18-2011, 03:02 AM
Just saw the readme. Lots of stuff in there. Even some of mine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Without opening too much of a can of worms, which one is better for offline only. HSFX or Ultrapack?

Boosher
03-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Offline only? You want SAS. UP and HSFX are pretty closely related and structured for online play, though they're also just as freely moddable given an investment of your time. Of the three only HSFX and SAS are 4.101 compatible at the moment.

FoolTrottel
03-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Please keep the Q&A's regarding mods to an absolute minumum guys... remember, asking for and giving support is a no-go over here...

Ba5tard5word
03-18-2011, 11:23 AM
HSFX was created for some sort of group that does air wars online, I can't remember the name. UP is great for offline, lots of planes and maps.

Metatron_123
03-18-2011, 11:33 AM
HSFX has most of the good stuff, without most of the superfluous stuff, I find it less cluttered and more convenient. Supposedly the new UP will concentrate more on quality this time round, we'll see.

GSENN
03-18-2011, 06:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Metatron_123:
HSFX has most of the good stuff, without most of the superfluous stuff, I find it less cluttered and more convenient. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Metatron_123:
Supposedly the new UP will concentrate more on quality this time round, we'll see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Supposedly.. But too soon to tell how long it will take UP to figure out how to copy the conted of HSFX into thier UP mod pack.. Might be a week might be a month.. Considering how much new stuff there is in HSFX it may even take UP longer this time

thefruitbat
03-19-2011, 12:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GSENN:
Supposedly.. But too soon to tell how long it will take UP to figure out how to copy the conted of HSFX into thier UP mod pack.. Might be a week might be a month.. Considering how much new stuff there is in HSFX it may even take UP longer this time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Incorrect.

they are building UP from scratch, as they have there own SFS compacter now.

It will be completely independent of HSFX.

Myself, i'll have both, HSFX for SEOW and UP for squad and general flying.

GSENN
03-19-2011, 04:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thefruitbat:
Incorrect.

It will be completely independent of HSFX. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And I have a bridge for sale if you think none of the HSFX content is going to end up in UP

But seriosly, just because they take the SFS apart and re-pack the SFS does not mean they didn't make use of HSFX sorces

The title says it all UltraPack as in re-package other pacakges into their pack.. A less confusing title would have been UltraRepack

thefruitbat
03-19-2011, 04:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GSENN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thefruitbat:
Incorrect.

It will be completely independent of HSFX. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And I have a bridge for sale if you think none of the HSFX content is going to end up in UP

But seriosly, just because they take the SFS apart and re-pack the SFS does not mean they didn't make use of HSFX sorces

The title says it all UltraPack as in re-package other pacakges into their pack.. A less confusing title would have been UltraRepack </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you think the hsfx team made all of the stuff in hsfx 5.

lol.

Both packs take mods from all over the place (SAS, AAS etc...), as well as doing their own fm/dm stuff, so of course some of the content is going to be the same. If its good, they're both going to put it in.

Rjel
03-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Quite honestly, I always favored HSFX over UP from the beginning. But if UP incorporates the 1956 Jet Mod then that will be my first choice hands down. It is just too cool and very well done. IMO, if it had been an official paid add-on, it would have been money well spent.

ytareh
03-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Jeez lads can we chill a bit ....Catholics Vs Protestants and Shiites Vs Sunnis seems like a squabble between kindergarten kids compared with some of the IL2 mods friction .They BARELY tolerate chat on mods here , lets not air the dirty laundry in public !!!I dont visit any mod sites any more but would be interested in hearing about new releases here in a non confrontational way ...For the record I mostly play 4.09 modded as I reckon its too late to try start getting into 4.10 with COD practically here (fingers crossed!!!)Although I do like the gun fire accuracy feature in 4.10.

thefruitbat
03-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Like i said before, i'll have both.

I don't have a particular loyalty to either.

for me its simple, i'll use HSFX when flying in SEOWS, but because UP will have the 1956 mod, zutis MDS 1.2, and the new plutonium effects pack for 4.10.1, that will be the main one for me, and most likely the Dangerdogz.

To be honest, i'm quite enjoying just flying my 4.10.1 install, just modded for sounds and eyecandy (maps repaints, effects and cockpit repaints) at the moment anyway.

GSENN
03-20-2011, 08:38 AM
so you think the hsfx team made all of the stuff in hsfx 5.

lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did I say I think that?

No

Why don't you stick to what I said?

For example I noticed you had nothing to say with regards to the original stated purpose and give away title of UltraPack (UltraRepack)

From day one they have been taking the work done by other mod makers and mod packs and re-packaging them into their so called UltraPack (UltraRepack)

Is that title sinking in yet?

And now you want us to belive they are not going to use any of the original HSFX 5.0 content in their next UP release?, please

thefruitbat
03-20-2011, 08:47 AM
do you want your dummy back?

FoolTrottel
03-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Take this elsewhere please, this is enough now.