PDA

View Full Version : Stick and Throttle Combination

Nigel_Woodman
12-27-2005, 06:09 AM
How can a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick be wired together with a Saitek X45 throttle? Specifically, where and how would the throttle be connected?

Thanks

Nigel_Woodman
12-27-2005, 06:09 AM
How can a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick be wired together with a Saitek X45 throttle? Specifically, where and how would the throttle be connected?

Thanks

AlGroover
12-27-2005, 06:49 AM
No need to. The game will detect multiple controllers. Connect both controllers to your pc, go to the HOTAS section of the control setup, click on each function and move the controller to initiate the axis.

Nigel_Woodman
12-27-2005, 07:07 AM
AlGroover,

Yes, I know the game will accept multiple controllers, the problem is where to plug the throttle. MSFF 2 is USB and plugs right into a USB port,but has no socket for a throttle. The Saitek throttle has a connector (could be a game port style connector) designed to plug into the Saitek stick. Can I plug the throttle into a game port or do I need some kind of adapter?

Bearcat99
12-27-2005, 08:37 AM
The Saitek throttle plugs into the stick, the stick is USB... you will have to use both parts. I have the same combo and I use the X-45 stick as a button bay. I keep the throttle on my left side... witrh the X-45 stick just infront of it. The MSFFB stick is on my right side. I use all the buttons on the X-45 stick and by using the Saitek software I have banded the pots in the stick so that I can use it as a lever. I intend to take it (the stick apart so that I can use the pots individually... as soon as I get the time.