PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Ironic isn' it?

NINJAinTIGHTS
11-23-2009, 03:17 AM
AC1 had a rather bumpy reception to say the least.Some people liked it(me), some didn't know what to make of it, and some flat out hated it. While a great game overall I must agree with a lot of people that the game was somewhat overhyped.

Now AC2 is out and it is easily one of the top GOTY candidates(IMO only Uncharted 2 can rival it).To hell with it its actually one of the best games of this gen that I've played and is a rolemodel for how to make a sequel. But given that reputation of the first game I can't help but think that this game will turn out to be the Zone Of Enders 2 of this generation of consoles- a fantastic game that doesn't get the attention that it deserves.

Well with that said here's to hoping that AC2 sells a bazilion copies and Ubisoft makes AC3.

NINJAinTIGHTS
11-23-2009, 03:17 AM
AC1 had a rather bumpy reception to say the least.Some people liked it(me), some didn't know what to make of it, and some flat out hated it. While a great game overall I must agree with a lot of people that the game was somewhat overhyped.

Now AC2 is out and it is easily one of the top GOTY candidates(IMO only Uncharted 2 can rival it).To hell with it its actually one of the best games of this gen that I've played and is a rolemodel for how to make a sequel. But given that reputation of the first game I can't help but think that this game will turn out to be the Zone Of Enders 2 of this generation of consoles- a fantastic game that doesn't get the attention that it deserves.

Well with that said here's to hoping that AC2 sells a bazilion copies and Ubisoft makes AC3.

deadlylemon1991
11-23-2009, 03:33 AM
i know mw2 will get goty, even tho its like a 6 hour game

keepth3beat
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Nah, I'm pretty sure AC2 will do even better than AC1 just because of all the drastic gameplay changes that were done. SO you'll have your built-in AC fanbase, plus a whole crapton of others that were interested before but couldn't push past the repetitive nature of the first.

Hell, I've already talked two of my friends that didn't like the first game into getting the second.

Personally, I felt as though AC2 was a bit weak. I was rooting it on for GOTY, but after playing it, I've got some reservations (mostly story-wise). I ended up liking Dragon Age: Origins A LOT more, and I think that has a pretty good chance at the spot, honestly.

ChaosOveride
11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
****SPOILERS****
the story was amazing to ac2 imo, I was compelled to find all of the subject 16 vids and the entire backstory to the templars and assassins through the ages shown in the challanges, the "gods" are intresting and i look foward to seeing if their so called co-existance was mearly slavery , which it what it seems like in 16's vid

keepth3beat
11-23-2009, 11:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChaosOveride:
****SPOILERS****
the story was amazing to ac2 imo, I was compelled to find all of the subject 16 vids and the entire backstory to the templars and assassins through the ages shown in the challanges, the "gods" are intresting and i look foward to seeing if their so called co-existance was mearly slavery , which it what it seems like in 16's vid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the last 10 minutes of the game were what really hit the hardest, but when it came to Ezio's story, I felt as though it fell flat. Mostly because it seemed like his family, relationships, and personality faded away as we skipped forward in years.

CluCluxClam
11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
AC1 had a lot of problems that AC2 had fixed (I applaud Ubisoft for many of these changes). Sadly, it makes me wish that they had done the same for AC1, since AC1 had such a cool setting as well. AC2 will make bank, trust me, and there will be an AC3, there's no doubt about that.