PDA

View Full Version : Junkers 88 and B17

jcarmein
01-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know when we be able to fly the Junkers 88 and the B17?

CKY_86
01-07-2005, 02:36 PM
many people are hoping for a 3.04 release for the ju88, as for the b17 i dont think well get 1 flyable for a long time

some1 please correct me if im wrong

lronSight
01-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Good god, I want to fly the B24, we've got the 25, and 26, now add 24!

BenvZijl
01-07-2005, 04:27 PM
B-26 marauder flyable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Zarathael
01-07-2005, 04:29 PM
wasn't aware we had a 26 in the game period. somebody's confused.

J_Weaver
01-07-2005, 06:56 PM
I think he meant A-20. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

StG77_Fritz_X
01-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Ju-88: Long overdue.
Did I hear anyone say G4M Betty?

walsh2509
01-07-2005, 08:00 PM
forgive my ignorance but did the japanese fly the JU88 in the pacific theatre?

PF is missing so much as in Japanese and American Battle ships and aircraft and as a stand alone PF player paying top (37.99) and now the patch I have been waiting on a proportion of that might be taken up with items that have noting to do with the PF theatre?

I now this sounds selfish and nice that oleg is still working on upgrades for you iL2 players, but I think he should be fixing and working on (what was supposed to be released ie on the missing 3rd PF disc).

LEXX_Luthor
01-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Ya, good point there. PF needs some more stuff. G4M and B5N, hopefully Flyable B6N someday. That plane looks Awsum, super-kate.

walsh, you paid top pound for the new PF, the FB Gold that has AEP costs less than that now.

darkhorizon11
01-07-2005, 10:34 PM
88 is coming, we'll probably never see a B17 from 1c, maybe a third party if were verrrryyyyy lucky. There's supposed to be some B29 interior stuff in the works floating around somewhere. The G4M with an ohka suicide plane is on the way, most def. next patch. At one point there was an He 177 in the works its probably dead now unfortantly as of 6 months ago someone was looking to pawn off the work on any takers. Yes I would love, to see a flyable B6N, that probably the biggest WW2 plane to takeoff and land on a carrier.

lbhskier37
01-07-2005, 11:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walsh2509:
forgive my ignorance but did the japanese fly the JU88 in the pacific theatre?

PF is missing so much as in Japanese and American Battle ships and aircraft and as a stand alone PF player paying top (37.99) and now the patch I have been waiting on a proportion of that might be taken up with items that have noting to do with the PF theatre?

I now this sounds selfish and nice that oleg is still working on upgrades for you iL2 players, but I think he should be fixing and working on (what was supposed to be released ie on the missing 3rd PF disc). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, you new Pacific guys can take a step back, I've been waiting for the JU88 since original IL2. Selfish, LOL. Pacific Fighters is cute, but if they would've asked me what they should've done for an add-on it would've been to finish the front they started on. Matter of fact I think that should've been done before AEP. We don't even have half the important eastern front bombers even as AI.

Destraex
01-07-2005, 11:30 PM
If an 88 came out I think it wouldinstantly become my favorite A/C.

A Bomber with good contempory performance and dive bombing capability. they were also used as fighters in a lot of cases, i.e. night fighters and late war defense of the reich.

The b17 would also be awesome but is so cliche as to take my interest away a little.

It should be noted that without mouse button cockpits (and interactive stuff like a crew member moving to arm the bombs or manually lower the wheels as in memphis bell) and the ability to walk around the bomber swapping positions and talking to the other crew members and crew it takes a little away from the experience. Can you imagine also the poor sound and no electric turret sounds!! In a 17 this would make fora pretty poor depiction.\

Another thing I would love to see is system failures like in MS2004, generally these are not in combat flight sims because it is hard enough to fight let alone deal with the extra failures, but with a bomber I think you have more time to the target and need to be occupied.

LEXX_Luthor
01-08-2005, 02:07 AM
I agree with Ibskier too. More Eastern Front, More FP, More everything. More BoB too.

Dunno Destrax, I say you don't need to go walkabout in a bomber, aircrew on walkabout was less than 1% of mission time, the other 99%+ was spent in seat. For a dedicated bomber sim like a B~27 Sim yes, but programming walkabout for all bombers would be a waste of programming effort for something like FB (assuming more bombers of course).

StG77_Fritz_X
01-08-2005, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
More FP <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FP?
Forgotten Planes?
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

p1ngu666
01-08-2005, 10:04 PM
hampden was aprently too cramped to swap positions, but some crew managed it somehow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

anyways, we need a lancaster too

http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/mags/lanc/lancsmall.jpg

lancaster on its way to germany. carrying near double what a b17 would take.

so americans wouldnt want it (jealosy) and lw wouldnt want it cos it bombed the **** outa them.
russians would demand a tallboy loadout (lancs flew to russia to attack turpitz)

japanease wouldnt care, lancaster was gonna be used in tigerforce, but war ended.

Destraex
01-08-2005, 11:19 PM
I too would love a lancaster or Halifax or Stirling etc. A Mosquito would also go down nicely.

Would be happy with an Ju88 as I think they will save all the British crates not in the BOB engine currently for an addon