PDA

View Full Version : Silly questions...

szala11
03-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Are medics needed only for patching up the wounded or are they needed in stern quarters to help sailors regain energy / endurance faster?
Im asking this because the stern quarters have the same insignia above them as medics have...
So only one medic is enough in my sub?
Also when i lets say pick a profession - flak gunner - for my watch officer ( not petty officer ) will my petty off. flak gunners perform better? Cause normal officers can't man flak guns... Thx!

szala11
03-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Are medics needed only for patching up the wounded or are they needed in stern quarters to help sailors regain energy / endurance faster?
Im asking this because the stern quarters have the same insignia above them as medics have...
So only one medic is enough in my sub?
Also when i lets say pick a profession - flak gunner - for my watch officer ( not petty officer ) will my petty off. flak gunners perform better? Cause normal officers can't man flak guns... Thx!

Liddabit
03-16-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't use medics at all. I have never ever ever ever had someone get hurt. My crews go straight from super healthy to dead! Bleeding all over my beautiful sub is strictly prohibited.

Not sure on the other question.

joeap
03-16-2007, 04:46 PM
They do help tired crew get rested quicker, I rotate my medic between the 2 compartments for that reason.

My crew love his special "happy pills." He got the recipe from a guy named Bernard, who had a sock named uhhh Socko on his shoulder.

Foehammer-1
03-16-2007, 05:02 PM
It is possible for crew to get wounded during a patrol, mostrly from strafing Hurricanes (it is extremely rare, but it happens). This happened to me 2 times in 5 careers, and the medic patched them up...

banzai_billy
03-16-2007, 06:18 PM
it happened to me yesterday, if you read my post about getting depthcharged my entire radio room flooded almost immeadiately and radio dude kicked the bucket and sonar dude got hurt
and then i put another guy in who promptly drowned
"oopsy daisy..." *whistles and walks away*

WHERED MISTER SKETCHY GO? I CANT FIND THE SMILIE FOR HIM!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
oh there it was

relcox
03-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Simple question, how do you tell if a crewman is dead or just wounded? I'm sure this is probably really obvious and I am just stupid for missing it but can anyone confirm please?

Foehammer-1
03-17-2007, 08:33 AM
If they are dead, they weill have a very distinct red glow around them. If they are wounded, there is a red outline. If you click at that guy, he will have a red cross and syringe below his name