PDA

View Full Version : criticism on Assassin's Creed while it is also the best game untill now!

joeyv
11-30-2007, 05:26 AM
hello people,
in my opinion is Assassin's Creed the game of the year, but i would like to talk about some things what can be better. I don't know or a part 2 or 3 is coming ( i hope so)
, but if it comes, i hope that the producers make some things better. Im going to suggest some things now, and i hope , many people agree with me.
The fist thing: subtitles must be optional ( i dont care there are subtitels, some people whines at this option, and the game will get a better image)

the second thing: the guards are too stupid, there must come an option, that you can choose between, low. medium or high, you know what i means, the game is too easy in my opinion.The consequences of this thing are that you finish the game in a few days. that's a shame. A game like this must be a long game, because its made so beautiful, and the rest of the gameplay too.

the third thing is: You must assassinate 9 important people, its too easy to murder them and the escape, is easy too,
i think, you must plan the attack on this people very well, and you must plan an escape 'road', this will make the game much better. so the producers must make the assassisionation on this people more difficult en more special.
Some people say, there isnt much variation in this game, every time you must choose between, pickpocket, eavsdrop or informatant, etc. in my opinion, it is enough, but it will be much nicer, if you must do more investigations and you must use this information, otherwhise you cant find your target, you know what i mean. you must find the target by yourself, not with your radar, because, in this game, you dont have to use the information, you can always find the target.

so the conclusion of the game is, i think:

- the game must be more difficult
- the guards must be smarter
- to murder one of your targets, must be more special, en more difficult too. you must explore your surroundings, to find a nice way to escape. ( in this game , this is too easy)
- the producers must make too: you must listen to, you master, bureauleader, informatans, etc, otherwhise you can find your targets.
- there must be more variation in the way of: pickpocket, eavesdropping, ( more difficult)

o, i forgot one thing, there is also an eagle vision too..you dont have too use this, i think in part 2 must use this viseion very much too find people with information, i dindt use this option in the whole game, except i was on a high buliding to synchronisize.

pff .. a long story, but i hope you agree with me,
send me some reactions, that will be nice,

only one thing,

of all this criticism, Assassins Creed, is the game of the year in my eyes,
i will play this game a long time, untill, assassins creed 2 is in the shops,

sorry for the strange senses, cause im from the netherlands,
have a nice day

joeyv
11-30-2007, 05:26 AM
hello people,
in my opinion is Assassin's Creed the game of the year, but i would like to talk about some things what can be better. I don't know or a part 2 or 3 is coming ( i hope so)
, but if it comes, i hope that the producers make some things better. Im going to suggest some things now, and i hope , many people agree with me.
The fist thing: subtitles must be optional ( i dont care there are subtitels, some people whines at this option, and the game will get a better image)

the second thing: the guards are too stupid, there must come an option, that you can choose between, low. medium or high, you know what i means, the game is too easy in my opinion.The consequences of this thing are that you finish the game in a few days. that's a shame. A game like this must be a long game, because its made so beautiful, and the rest of the gameplay too.

the third thing is: You must assassinate 9 important people, its too easy to murder them and the escape, is easy too,
i think, you must plan the attack on this people very well, and you must plan an escape 'road', this will make the game much better. so the producers must make the assassisionation on this people more difficult en more special.
Some people say, there isnt much variation in this game, every time you must choose between, pickpocket, eavsdrop or informatant, etc. in my opinion, it is enough, but it will be much nicer, if you must do more investigations and you must use this information, otherwhise you cant find your target, you know what i mean. you must find the target by yourself, not with your radar, because, in this game, you dont have to use the information, you can always find the target.

so the conclusion of the game is, i think:

- the game must be more difficult
- the guards must be smarter
- to murder one of your targets, must be more special, en more difficult too. you must explore your surroundings, to find a nice way to escape. ( in this game , this is too easy)
- the producers must make too: you must listen to, you master, bureauleader, informatans, etc, otherwhise you can find your targets.
- there must be more variation in the way of: pickpocket, eavesdropping, ( more difficult)

o, i forgot one thing, there is also an eagle vision too..you dont have too use this, i think in part 2 must use this viseion very much too find people with information, i dindt use this option in the whole game, except i was on a high buliding to synchronisize.

pff .. a long story, but i hope you agree with me,
send me some reactions, that will be nice,

only one thing,

of all this criticism, Assassins Creed, is the game of the year in my eyes,
i will play this game a long time, untill, assassins creed 2 is in the shops,

sorry for the strange senses, cause im from the netherlands,
have a nice day

xELITEGUNNERx
11-30-2007, 05:44 AM
i agree apart from it being to short 2 easy repetitive long talking scenes and freezing it is a gd game the map is huge and has millions of people doing different things it is the best game yet well if u dont count the bad things

Sgt.Burger
11-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Those listed above were mostly already revealed to be the most major issues of the game; difficulty, variety, and many polishable things such as the AI are what Ubi must look into more when the sequels are being made.

Haven't played the game yet, so my opnion doesn't count for much, but judging from what I read on the forums, hear from other sources, I can only agree with all said above.

Azzerwazzer1191
11-30-2007, 06:31 AM
... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Sgt.Burger
11-30-2007, 07:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azzerwazzer1191:
... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Constructful opinion. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2007, 07:17 AM
I agree that higher (and lower) difficulty options should be available, but I don't agree that there's anything wrong with the AI. I've never seen smarter AI in any game and the guards act very realistically in terms of their reactions and their fighting abilities (i.e. the average guard won't attack in combination with another guard's attack but guards at higher levels will). I also like the way you can stealth attack guards in full view - this is a FEATURE of the game, not a flaw.

I think the people who criticise the AI in this game have become used to shoddy AI in other games that make NPCs superhuman because they can't actually make them smart. Superhuman AI is not good AI. Good AI is AI that simulates real reaction times and real human behaviour. This game achieves that.

On the issue of assassinations being tougher, I don't know. There's a fine line between challenging and frustrating. This game is challenging and if the game was more difficult in terms of the final assassinations I'd worry that I might be throwing my game disc in the trash through frustration.

Dvlos56
11-30-2007, 07:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xELITEGUNNERx:
i agree apart from it being to short 2 easy repetitive long talking scenes and freezing it is a gd game the map is huge and has millions of people doing different things it is the best game yet well if u dont count the bad things </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try a few hundred people doing nothing much at all.. they all walk along ant trails mindlessly.

Creepy006
11-30-2007, 07:23 AM
lol @ "it's the best game yet, if you don't count the bad things" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AC lasted less than a week for me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
That's the shortest I've ever played a game I bought.

Dvlos56
11-30-2007, 08:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beeryus:
I think the people who criticise the AI in this game have become used to shoddy AI in other games that make NPCs superhuman because they can't actually make them smart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Other games do not have developers coming out and saying that they're game is going to have advanced AI, that each crowd member will have its own personality and that guards are smart.

To give credit where credit is due, a lot of games are "broken" when it comes to Z-axis fighting, in this AC is good, and guards will chase you pretty well. But saying the AI is "amazing" or "advanced" I think is a quite a stretch. Most of the game is stupefied, and when the game wants to it suddenly turns the tables on you and gives templars/guards abusing citizens/beggars super-vision.

It's not what they let on, it can be improved, but perhaps not for the casual player... leave the game as is for them, but harder guards that chase you longer and recognize you quicker if you're being obvious in your actions, wouldn't be a bad thing at all for a harder difficulty.

Stillzero
11-30-2007, 08:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dvlos56:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beeryus:
I think the people who criticise the AI in this game have become used to shoddy AI in other games that make NPCs superhuman because they can't actually make them smart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Other games do not have developers coming out and saying that they're game is going to have advanced AI, that each crowd member will have its own personality and that guards are smart.

To give credit where credit is due, a lot of games are "broken" when it comes to Z-axis fighting, in this AC is good, and guards will chase you pretty well. But saying the AI is "amazing" or "advanced" I think is a quite a stretch. Most of the game is stupefied, and when the game wants to it suddenly turns the tables on you and gives templars/guards abusing citizens/beggars super-vision.

It's not what they let on, it can be improved, but perhaps not for the casual player... leave the game as is for them, but harder guards that chase you longer and recognize you quicker if you're being obvious in your actions, wouldn't be a bad thing at all for a harder difficulty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're saying no other developer/producer overexaggurate about the features in their game ?
No other people ever add a little shine to what they're saying to make it come over even more awesome then it already does ?

Gee i guess Peter Monyluex, Peter Moore and Ken Kutaragi are profets of thruth or something then huh ?

Dvlos56
11-30-2007, 08:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stillzero:
Gee i guess Peter Monyluex, Peter Moore and Ken Kutaragi are profets of thruth or something then huh ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you are saying that if they do it, so can everyone else. I hate Sony and sold my PS2 and refuse to get a PS3 because of all their ******ed promises on the PS2 and then chump changed on memory to make their whole system cheap looking (graphically), while the Xbox 1 and even the Gamecube IMO looked better.

I didn't buy Fable, just laughed at it.. and I didn't buy AC, borrowed my friend's copy. As a consumer I am doing my part (although miniscule) to say "You purposely misled consumers, I'm not buying your product"

VillainSmokes
11-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Mislead consumers? Ever watch TV ads? Like the cleaners that show the nastiest stains on your bathroom grout and then BAM one swipe its all clean like new.

Self promotion is what business is all about. Sure many companies take it a bit too far. If they go too far they may even get in trouble.

But aside from breaking the law, self promotion and advertising is what business is all about.

I mean certainly you don't believe that your corner restaurant has the best coffee in the world? Or the best apple pie in the world? Businesses use extreme self promotions all the time stop acting like its only sony and grow up.

Dvlos56
11-30-2007, 08:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VillainSmokes:
Mislead consumers? Ever watch TV ads? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A) Are you trying to justifying being duped?
B) I'm not talking about TV ads for AC.
C) These statements came from the game's lead designer and creative team.
D) What kind of gamers go to E3, or follow E3 type shows? That's right mostly veteran gamers and who helps create hype for games.. that's right mostly veteran gamers.

One thing is to say "Assassin's Creed is an intense swashbuckling adventure game!"

Which is more "marketing" closer to the truth than "Assassin's Creed is a thrilling assassination game with multiple ways to dispatch your foes, and complete freedom in your environment". One is more deceiving than the other.

"You play Altair any way YOU want too!"

and

"You can literally go anywhere in the city and unlock the mysteries one by one!"

One says I can do whatever I want, like GTA or Crackdown, within the confines of the game environment, the other suggest I can move anywhere I want but have to handle the game's mysteries in a sequential manner.

They also hyped things that were true though, parkour never seen in a game before that was right. Historically recreated cities, and superb graphics. They hit those points... too bad they short changed on everything else. They also went out of their way to hide the sci-fi aspects of the game as long as possible, reviewers are not allowed to show sections of the game that have to do with the future.. why? For fear it would turn off people before trying the game.. more deception if you ask me.

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 09:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For fear it would turn off people before trying the game.. more deception if you ask me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's conjecture, you have no fact to back it up. But I do agree that from a marketting point of view... it IS very weird. It doesn't even mention it on the game's case... You only learn about it when you play the game. That's not a bad thing in my opinion... I like it, but not everyone does (just search "bad" and you'll find what I'm talking about)...

Dvlos56
11-30-2007, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
That's conjecture, you have no fact to back it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is conjecture, but basing it on the fact that knowing there is some sci-fi in it is not game breaking. Just aforementioned knowledge about why you're playing someone in the past... in the first 5 minutes of the game it's explained on top of everything. If it was hidden from players until the end I would understand.

So the only "theory" I can come up with for all the weird secrecy.

Stillzero
11-30-2007, 11:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dvlos56:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stillzero:
Gee i guess Peter Monyluex, Peter Moore and Ken Kutaragi are profets of thruth or something then huh ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you are saying that if they do it, so can everyone else. I hate Sony and sold my PS2 and refuse to get a PS3 because of all their ******ed promises on the PS2 and then chump changed on memory to make their whole system cheap looking (graphically), while the Xbox 1 and even the Gamecube IMO looked better.

I didn't buy Fable, just laughed at it.. and I didn't buy AC, borrowed my friend's copy. As a consumer I am doing my part (although miniscule) to say "You purposely misled consumers, I'm not buying your product" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your house must be pretty empty then.
Every product is overhyped, everything. From the mouse you play your games with to the rubber fist some cultures pleasure themselfs with.

It's called advertising.
To be honest you just sound like a frustrated teenager.
You hate Sony ? You ditched the PS2 because it supossedly didn't deliver ?
You're saying that the Xbox had better looking graphics yet the best looking "last-gen" game Final Fantasy 12 is an PS2 exclusive.
All the original Xbox did was set up the foundation for the xbox360 and Bungies plans to conquer the world and the heavens, other then that it failed. And don't rub me off as a fanboy, because i owned an xbox and a PS2.

As a consumer you're being that whiny little kid that moans because he believes the big bad advertiser "misled" you, please. Grow up.

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 11:48 AM

I didn't buy Fable, just laughed at it.. and I didn't buy AC, borrowed my friend's copy. As a consumer I am doing my part (although miniscule) to say "You purposely misled consumers, I'm not buying your product" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You refuse to buy a PS3, 'cos of the PS2... oh damn, well if that's reasonable logic, then no-one should get the Wii...

That sounded a bit more like a whinge to me. It just seems like you're a bit sour after falling for a few over hyped moments, which I'm pretty sure Microsoft isn't free of either.

Dvlos56
11-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Your house must be pretty empty then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah because everything is misadvertised.. "This table will make love to you at night for $999.99!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's called advertising. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem to think all advertising is lying.. you can advertise and make your product sound more appealing, but there's a chance your product is actually appealing! Ever think of that? I hate salespeople who lie.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To be honest you just sound like a frustrated teenager. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please explain how you came up with this reasoning. I have yet to type like this:

i 4 1 tink assins creek be dum coz u cant use frag grenades and no multiplayer to killll! onlien!1 must take frustatins out on school now!!1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You hate Sony ? You ditched the PS2 because it supossedly didn't deliver ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can talk all the hype you want.. but when you come out with specs then the final product doesn't hit those specs, not to mention way beyond advertising slogans... "Toy Story graphics!" come on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Final Fantasy 12 is an PS2 exclusive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't care for JRPGs, also most of the FF games feature long overblown CGI sequences. My main gripe is that with lowered VRAM all the PS2's textures usually looked like a giant piece of **** compared to everyone else. Not until the later end of the PS2's life did the really nice games come out.. and by then I was already having fun playing games on my PC or Xbox.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">xbox360 and Bungies plans to conquer the world and the heavens </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure about that? Rainbow Six on the Xbox 1 was pretty popular, and where did SC debut on? That's right the black box... as a matter of fact the new multiplayer idea of SvM came on the Xbox and PC with SCPT, and the PS2 to follow (although I think it didn't have online). Also KOTOR 1/2, Jade Empire, sports games with LIVE support. No I think Microsoft has done quite a bit for breaking new ground in the console market with it's online multiplayer push.

Just take a look at who's following suit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As a consumer you're being that whiny little kid that moans because he believes the big bad advertiser "misled" you, please. Grow up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I laugh at how ignorant you are, get back to anime and/or your Dragonball Z fixation ok?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">AirRon:
You refuse to buy a PS3, 'cos of the PS2... oh damn, well if that's reasonable logic, then no-one should get the Wii... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah when Sony came out with "We got the real HD" and "You can hook up the PS3 to two 1080p tvs to play with friends" I rolled my eyes. The end result was a $600 machine that played games worse/as good as the competition.

The main focus Sony has, as with the minidisc, Betamax, whatever.. is to stick a proprietary format in your house so they can make royalties. They have a big stake in Blu-Ray, and instead of making the BD optional they force it in, hoping to stick a BD Drive in every home. Good for them I see their strategy is working. Don't even get me started on BD it's the worst thing for consumers... more expensive manufacturing, more expensive drives, for the same picture quality as HD-DVD. The same.. 1080 is 1080 there is no difference in presentation.

Anyway, Sony deserves a bloody nose, they are actually doing the rights things now after the fact to make the PS3 interesting.. dev kits, free stuff, but its still an overpriced box and instead of unifying online services for players they're online can sometimes be a mish-mosh thing that's left up to developers to support.

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I laugh at how ignorant you are, get back to anime and/or your Dragonball Z fixation ok? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, I thought we were above petty insults.

Dvlos56
11-30-2007, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Please, I thought we were above petty insults. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You apparently missed a lot of what the other guy was saying, poking things in your rear to be hard core and all that. Thanks for fixating on me though.

MiniAssasin
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
omg this was the first decent thread i have read that critiques the game

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM

You apparently missed a lot of what the other guy was saying, poking things in your rear to be hard core and all that. Thanks for fixating on me though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I miss quoted, or didn't quote enough. But in my defense, I didn't specify you. Petty insults are best left for the playground... that goes for both of you (teacher hat goes on now... and off... now) Seriously, if you're going to argue, do it without the 1337 1n4u175... please?

Stillzero
11-30-2007, 02:49 PM

You apparently missed a lot of what the other guy was saying, poking things in your rear to be hard core and all that. Thanks for fixating on me though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, you really need to unwind, you're far to serious.
And if you can't get that then you need to go out and grab a few beers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I laugh at how ignorant you are, get back to anime and/or your Dragonball Z fixation ok? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dislike Anime and i've always considered Dragonball as a bunch of grunting homo's that we're smuggling melons in their upper arms.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please, I thought we were above petty insults. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries mate, an insult is only an insult when the other party is actually insulted.

Oh by the by.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don't care for JRPGs, also most of the FF games feature long overblown CGI sequences. My main gripe is that with lowered VRAM all the PS2's textures usually looked like a giant piece of **** compared to everyone else. Not until the later end of the PS2's life did the really nice games come out.. and by then I was already having fun playing games on my PC or Xbox. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes fine fine you hate the Playstation 2,3 and Final Fantasy but you managed to ignore the fact that it's the prettiest game at the time it was released, that and the fact that some games on the PS2 we're just as good looking as games on the Xbox and even on the PC(i.e Killzone).
So when you're so quick to give your own opinions and discuss those of others please don't ignore when you get written wrong.
Also i'm sorry if i offended you with my "frustrated teenager" comment, i was to quick to judge and i am sorry for that.

MasterNeilson
11-30-2007, 03:54 PM

Your house must be pretty empty then.
Every product is overhyped, everything. From the mouse you play your games with to the rubber fist some cultures pleasure themselfs with.

It's called advertising.
To be honest you just sound like a frustrated teenager.
You hate Sony ? You ditched the PS2 because it supossedly didn't deliver ?
You're saying that the Xbox had better looking graphics yet the best looking "last-gen" game Final Fantasy 12 is an PS2 exclusive.
All the original Xbox did was set up the foundation for the xbox360 and Bungies plans to conquer the world and the heavens, other then that it failed. And don't rub me off as a fanboy, because i owned an xbox and a PS2.

As a consumer you're being that whiny little kid that moans because he believes the big bad advertiser "misled" you, please. Grow up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, FF12 was the best looking game of the last gen consoles?, is this a fact or just an opinion?, i would of thought Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on the Xbox, or Resident Evil 1 on the Gamecube, or maybe Ninja Gaiden would have won the best looking game of last gen or Resident Evil 4 or maybe Farcry surely, oh and let's not forget The Chronicles Of Riddick, MGS3 was'nt bad neither, ROFLMAO you have got to be kidding me on that statement, FF12? GTFO.

Dvlos56
11-30-2007, 06:50 PM
MasterNeilson... I wasn't going to argue with the guy, he loves FF and PS2s, I'm not going to compare a game I have never played either with others I have played. For consoles I would have to say Chaos Theory and Ninja Gaiden are close... both not only had nice graphics but smooth animations and decent physics (especially Chaos Theory) that made those games quite impressive for its time.

FarCry on the PC beats anything around that time for "pretty" however. Regardless of how "pretty" the game is (which I didn't play) why would I buy a PS2 and FF12 just to witness pretty graphics and hate everything else?

Stillzero
12-01-2007, 03:20 AM
he loves FF and PS2s </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please don't make petty assumptions like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wow, FF12 was the best looking game of the last gen consoles?, is this a fact or just an opinion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my eyes it's an opinion but one that's shared by many people and reviews.
Far Cry was good looking in its time but there where way better looking games released after that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">oh and let's not forget The Chronicles Of Riddick, MGS3 was'nt bad neither </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
While i've never been amazed by how tCoR looked it was very good looking, and yeah i'll hand you MGS3, that one was awesome looking.
Wich just confirms what i said, that pretty and deep gameplay games we're equal on PS2 and Xbox at the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I hate Sony and sold my PS2 and refuse to get a PS3 because of all their ******ed promises on the PS2 and then chump changed on memory to make their whole system cheap looking (graphically) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">why would I buy a PS2 and FF12 just to witness pretty graphics </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

DreamerM
12-01-2007, 04:19 AM
I think it's kinda funny when people Connan their way through the whole game and/or use the online game guides, then complain the game is too easy. =P

And I was a huge fan of the ORIGINAL Devil May Cry 3. So I'm no wimp when it comes to hard games.

I for one think this game is amazing, and the only reason why we're not all singing it's praises as a flawless work of art is that it's one of the first games to really show us the POTENTIAL of Next-Gen gaming and it has us expecting more.

Yes, by the way, the AI is incredibly adaptable and advanced. If you walk bye a guard who'se chased you in the past, he'll look your direction and go "do I know you?" and be extra-scrupulous about your actions. Passers by will stop walking to stare at you for climbing that wall. They'll run screaming when you attack someone. You can hit them by accident. They make immursian in this world very easy.

Is it a perfect game? No, but it's damn fun and my hopes for the sequel are sky-high.