PDA

View Full Version : flying nighthops

Avont29
09-24-2006, 06:00 PM
hello, umm, i like fs2004 i play it but um, what i like to do a lot is fly hops or just cruise in a plane aat night. its nice. i wanna try it in il2, but its just too damn dark. i mean pitch black, only light is the moon and that doesnt help much. i dunno what it was, is there a way i can turn on lights at airport or city lights or SOMETHING?

Avont29
09-24-2006, 06:00 PM
hello, umm, i like fs2004 i play it but um, what i like to do a lot is fly hops or just cruise in a plane aat night. its nice. i wanna try it in il2, but its just too damn dark. i mean pitch black, only light is the moon and that doesnt help much. i dunno what it was, is there a way i can turn on lights at airport or city lights or SOMETHING?

FritzGryphon
09-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Turn up your monitor brightness, or do the same in your video card settings.

I've never found conditions in IL-2 that are dark. Even 2AM, I can see the terrain, and other airplanes just fine. With the right tweaking (cheating).

p1ngu666
09-24-2006, 06:31 PM
the murmansk map, and nw germany map dont get that dark...

there was a blackout over europe remmber...

JamesBlonde888
09-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Thanks p1ngu. I was going to mention the blackout too.

One thing I have noticed is that the original Il-2 had much a flarepath which looked better but FB just has lights at each end of the runway. The FB lights are better to see by and the searchlights rock. I still have no trouble flying at night, even landing isn't as hard as you would think with practice.

PRACTICE being the big factor here.

rnzoli
09-25-2006, 05:17 AM
there is a possibility to place simple airport lights in the full mission builder, that's enough to find the airport and land in darkness or in bad weather

Diablo310th
09-25-2006, 05:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FritzGryphon:
Turn up your monitor brightness, or do the same in your video card settings.

I've never found conditions in IL-2 that are dark. Even 2AM, I can see the terrain, and other airplanes just fine. With the right tweaking (cheating). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif this is what I do too when flying night missions.