PDA

View Full Version : One bullet,one pilot kill,one bullet,one pilot kill,one bullet,one pilot kill,etc,etc

Mysticpuma2003
07-10-2005, 03:53 AM
This game, even through the many bug fixes, has, for me, always been a great time of enjoyment when I play.

I have however, over the last few weeks, become very demoralised while flying online (mainly Warclouds) with the constant 'lettuce leaf' protection offered by the cockpit and armour of any plane I fly on Allied. I'm not saying it's not the same for Axis, but I don't fly them so I don't know.

I mainly fly the P-47, have tried the spitfire and sometimes the P-51, but mainly the '47.

Inevitably a 109 gets on my six, or a 190, I make a few B&Z moves, at which point the first bullet from the 'bandit' hits my plane, the screen goes black....Mysticpuma was killed....AGAIN!

Previously, when flying patch 3.04 the '47 was in my eyes almost correct from articles I've read. It soaked up punishment. It had more perferations than a teabag, and I still managed to bring it home.

Now, I still think that it can soak up the same amount of damage, it's just that before it gets a chance to do it.......Mysticpuma was killed! AGAIN!

You'll notice there is no complaining about the FM, I love it...but this Pilot killing is doing the same to me......it's killing my enthusiasm.

Obviously I'd appreciate feedback from axis flyers on this matter, but for me the PK issue really needs attention.

I expect a post saying "don't let them get on your six", which would be nice if I was as good at flying as some people, but before my armour saved me, now it's a case of "what armour?"

Mysticpuma2003
07-10-2005, 03:53 AM
This game, even through the many bug fixes, has, for me, always been a great time of enjoyment when I play.

I have however, over the last few weeks, become very demoralised while flying online (mainly Warclouds) with the constant 'lettuce leaf' protection offered by the cockpit and armour of any plane I fly on Allied. I'm not saying it's not the same for Axis, but I don't fly them so I don't know.

I mainly fly the P-47, have tried the spitfire and sometimes the P-51, but mainly the '47.

Inevitably a 109 gets on my six, or a 190, I make a few B&Z moves, at which point the first bullet from the 'bandit' hits my plane, the screen goes black....Mysticpuma was killed....AGAIN!

Previously, when flying patch 3.04 the '47 was in my eyes almost correct from articles I've read. It soaked up punishment. It had more perferations than a teabag, and I still managed to bring it home.

Now, I still think that it can soak up the same amount of damage, it's just that before it gets a chance to do it.......Mysticpuma was killed! AGAIN!

You'll notice there is no complaining about the FM, I love it...but this Pilot killing is doing the same to me......it's killing my enthusiasm.

Obviously I'd appreciate feedback from axis flyers on this matter, but for me the PK issue really needs attention.

I expect a post saying "don't let them get on your six", which would be nice if I was as good at flying as some people, but before my armour saved me, now it's a case of "what armour?"

Bremspropeller
07-10-2005, 06:25 AM
One good thing about reality: pilots that have been killed won't wine about it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

F19_Ob
07-10-2005, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysticpuma2003:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately arcademode doesn't work with online tracks so it makes it harder to review hits afterwards, but it works offline and since the both the german 20mm and 30mm has many shrapnel arrows it's likely for the pilot to get hit if the blast is somewhere in the vicinity of the cockpit.

I know it's frustrating to get killed often but that advantage in armament was what the germans had over the allies.
Some here get the wrong impression that only one 30mm shell ripped the fuselage and wings off all the time (happened too)but sometimes there wasn't so much damage on the outside but the plane wasn't battleworthy anymore.
Exactly this is often the case in the sim I think and I have tested many times to take a few hits and then test if I can fly anymore and Usually I cant.
I have taken hits by 30mm close to cockpit many times and being only wounded so I guess bad luck played a big part in your case.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Brain32
07-10-2005, 07:39 AM
It's not one bullet, it's one shell, the opposing pilot scored very(or exactly) near your cockpit so you got killed, the same thing happens with Shvak or Hispano for example...
All I can say to you is don't get hit; and if one thing is sure(you can ask anybody who has ever been under fire(infantry,tank,ship,submarine,plane - you name it) you never think about how thick is your armour, only thing you think about when you are under enemy fire is how to NOT get hit...

Covino
07-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Damage is sent over the network in packets. So when you get multiple hits, all those hits and their damage may be applied to your plane at once, give a single "clang!" which may lead your to believe it was a single bullet.

Also, there are manuevers you can do that can reduce the likelyhood of getting a PK. Pushing the stick forward, negative-G rolls, etc. Just try not to expose the top of your plane for an easy shot.

But other times, there's almost nothing you can do (as in real life), especially when being chased by a plane whose guns can penetrate your seat armor (and I have no clue of the armor's effectiveness).

WWSensei
07-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Same thing happens to me Mystic. Only I'm flying the Me110 on Warclouds and the "bad guy" is a Mustang III or a P-47. One squirt of 50s and I lose my gunsight, generally the gunner dies (and me if I am in the gunner seat) and the number one killer for me is PK. Most times I hear nothing at all, just blank screen.

Worse one was the test map we flew the other night when one of the ships PK'd me as I air spawned nearly 40 kms away...

VW-IceFire
07-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Mmmm have you tried the D-22? There was a slight decrease in pilot protection gained with that bubble canopy.

Maybe bullets are going through where they shouldn't but are they shooting you dead six or are the bullets landing on the top of the canopy or from the side. What are you being hit with? Explosive 20mm?

I haven't flown the P-47 much recently but I haven't been PKed yet. Not yet...

TAGERT.
07-10-2005, 09:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bremspropeller:
One good thing about reality: pilots that have been killed won't wine about it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>ROTFL

MEGILE
07-10-2005, 12:16 PM
If you were hit by a MK108 or two, you probably deserve to die http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tachyon1000
07-10-2005, 12:27 PM
I feel in general there are a bunch more pilot deaths than in the previous patch. In the past there seemed to be much more fuel leaks. If I were to guess at why this is happening, I'd actually attribute it to changes in machine gun rounds and how they behave as most of my pilot deaths have been on the other end of 50 cals. Perhaps the bullets from machine guns are more penetrating now, but that is just my impression. I could be completely mistaken.

PlaneEater
07-10-2005, 12:35 PM
I've got this strange hunch that fragments (151 MGs shells, 108 shells, etc) are incorrectly penetrating pilot armor...

x__CRASH__x
07-10-2005, 04:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysticpuma2003:
...Obviously I'd appreciate feedback from axis flyers on this matter... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's my experience that Thunderbolts take the licking and keep on ticking. I have poured entire magazines of 20mm+(2x)13mm into a P-47 and watched it continue to run away. Now, i have managed to get PK's on a P-47. It's when I can get a look at the cockpit. When I see it, I aim for it. I don't always get the PK, but I usually try for it. But the same holds true for anything I fly against. If you show me your head, I will try to shoot it off. It takes less ammo to do that than it does to take off a wing.
Summary: From the 109's perspective, I haven't noticed an increase in ease in getting a PK on a P-47, or any other plane.

SeaFireLIV
07-10-2005, 05:50 PM
As much as I respect MysticPuma I think this is just frustration and venting. I`ve been on Warclouds mostly in the Spit (not P47) and while I`m getting shot down a lot; not yet been p`ked.

You`ve probably just been unlucky, maybe even relying too much on your plane armour and not evading. Perhaps it may be wise to consider that perhaps your way of flying has changed imperceptively due to the new FMs causing to put yourself into more of a pilot killed position?

I think it is wise to consider this rather than blame the sim and the armour of the P47.

WarWolfe_1
07-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Roll away from the enemy and dive, show them your belly and dive like hell. I don't do DF servers, to many planes for my 56k to handle, but i have friends near here and we setup "frinedly" matches. I always fly the D-22, and thats were its advantegs are. Roll away from them, dive, wait for em to get greedy, turn back, cause they don't have the speed to follow. They relize their mistake but its to late, I'm on their 6, shredding em with 8 50s.

Arms1
07-10-2005, 07:05 PM
some a/c in this game do (or did) have an elevated ability to score a higher % of pk's than others. the aep yak3 was notorious for scoring pk's. not sure if this still happens with pf addon but im sure its possible; no real biggie now as far as i can tell though

ljazz
07-10-2005, 07:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
...Obviously I'd appreciate feedback from axis flyers on this matter... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's my experience that Thunderbolts take the licking and keep on ticking. I have poured entire magazines of 20mm+(2x)13mm into a P-47 and watched it continue to run away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe your experience, but I don't believe it to be recent experience. I still have 2.04 installed, and have recently flown missions in that comparing results to 4.01. No competition. The amount of hits the 2.04 version could take, IMHO, is huge compared to 3.04 or 4.01. I think that something happened in the 3.04(?) global DM changes that affected the p47 more so than other a/c. I don't think the affects were linear, in other words.

.7% of p47's sent on missions didn't make it back. That is staggering. I've yet to see one reference to, or guncam of, a Jug having a wing blown off, or the a/c split in half. Two cannon rounds... 20 or 30 mm will do it. If that were truely realistic, then that .7 should look more like a 7... or 17%.

With the current DM the jug is unflyable. It had few saving graces in r/l. One of those being the amount of damage it could receive. Removing just one of those "graces" renders it uncompetitive.

Fact.... I'm getting more kills in the FWa8. And I fly it very very rarely. I'm out diving, out climbing, and out lasting (damage) than anything I come against..... and I suck.

ljazz

bolillo_loco
07-10-2005, 08:19 PM

I expect a post saying "don't let them get on your six", which would be nice if I was as good at flying as some people, but before my armour saved me, now it's a case of "what armour?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bad karma.......an english man who doesnt like morrissey.....atleast I think thats what you told me a few weeks back, could have been silver ace though. not a lot of experience with w/c team speak.

on a lighter note, I do not know it this causes it or not, but I have noticed that if I just jink with a bandit on my six while watching him in the mirror I rarely get pilot killed even though my plane gets shot up very badly. If however I am looking over my shoulder at him for some reason I get killed everytime he shoots. could be one of those placebo things though.

AFJ_rsm
07-10-2005, 09:44 PM
roselyn sanchez is hot and that's all im gonna say

Atomic_Marten
07-11-2005, 02:18 AM
MysticPuma did you soaked mostly 20mm or 30mm rounds? If that was 30mm that is not really a miracle, if you take 1-2 of these your plane should be seriously damaged. About higher % of PKs I have not noticed it in Bf-109G(MK-108).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fact.... I'm getting more kills in the FWa8. And I fly it very very rarely. I'm out diving, out climbing, and out lasting (damage) than anything I come against..... and I suck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just want to say that with FW-190A-8 you can not outclimb $heite in this sim. It is cr@ppy climber that is for sure. So if you do it for example, vs. Spitfire HF.MK.9E you will die.
On the other hand, late Bf-109s are almost unmatched in this area..

JG27_Dacripler
07-11-2005, 02:43 AM
I agree with the AFJ guys on this one. Ms Sanchez is rather nice..

What was this topic about?

DarkBlueMan
07-11-2005, 05:29 AM
After reading through this thread I can only agree with the comments here. Roselyn Sanchez is indeed HOT! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Sort of like a better looking version of Sandra Bullock http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AFJ_rsm
07-11-2005, 10:47 AM
i cant believe tom cruise stole katie holmes away from me

i'll have to settle with natalie portman, once she grows some hair back on... on her head i mean

AFJ_Skyghost
07-11-2005, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG27_Dacripler:
I agree with the AFJ guys on this one. Ms Sanchez is rather nice..

What was this topic about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She s good but not that good....

Mysticpuma2003
07-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Hmmmm....maybe it just bad luck....flying Warclouds before patch 4.00/01 it was rare to be P/kd. Honest, I have jinked...I outkinked Fish 6981 or 6891 or something like that, and he praised my flying. I have had wings blown off, fuselage ripped open and tail gone, rudders missing...but nearly every time now, bang 'Mysticpuma was killed'.

Well, I'm going against the grain here and I'll try Axis....report to follow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WarWolfe_1
07-11-2005, 01:38 PM
After some testing I agree with Puma. I got PKed by a Hurricane in QMB, is this right? I was flying the D-22 and flew level while it did a 8 o clock pass, granted not truely fair, but it did PK me on the first pass.

Also tried attacking B-24 From above at 9 o clock. Took 3 hits from 50's and got PKed. I've never taken the time to notice, but Puma is right.

SeaFireLIV
07-11-2005, 01:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkBlueMan:

Sort of like a better looking version of Sandra Bullock http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Y`know, that`s exactly what I was thinking! And I thought Sandra was pretty good looking.

WarWolfe_1
07-11-2005, 01:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkBlueMan:

Sort of like a better looking version of Sandra Bullock http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Y`know, that`s exactly what I was thinking! And I thought Sandra was pretty good looking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must have low Standards. Go have a look at House of a 1000 corpes', Rob Zombies wife puts sandra to shame. Makes her look like a pug.

SeaFireLIV
07-11-2005, 01:53 PM
One man`s ugly is another man`s beauty. Go figure.

WarWolfe_1
07-11-2005, 02:16 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

dont take it to hard, it was all in jest. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JG7_Rall
07-11-2005, 02:24 PM
If Keira Knightley would grow her hair back and maybe put a little more weight on (she's all skin and bones now) she'd be soooooo fine.

LStarosta
07-11-2005, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG7_Rall:
If Keira Knightley would grow her hair back and maybe put a little more weight on (she's all skin and bones now) she'd be soooooo fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen. I'd be afraid to touch her because she's so brittle. One moment I'm fine, the next I'm covered with lawsuits.

Mysticpuma2003
07-12-2005, 03:08 AM
Well obviously I'm not going to get any sense here....thanks to all who answered the original post... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

SeaFireLIV
07-12-2005, 03:26 AM
Yea, sorry. Pretty ladies always divert me from the original subject! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif