PDA

View Full Version : Oleg-Fw190 A4 1.42,Spit MkIX Merlin 61,Tempest 11lb+ & FM fixes needed!!

Kwiatos
05-17-2006, 07:11 AM
I wonder what comunity want more? Common historical planes like Fw190 A-4 1.42 Ata, Spit Merlin 61, Tempest 11lb+ boost and actually bug and DM fixes or rahter planes like in coming addons - IL10, Mig9/13, Yak15, He162, etc. and others rare and with dubtfully FM?
These game with many actuall flyable "ufo" planes and with more coming will become more like another star wars episode then best sim ever.
Personally i would rahter see good addon with needed planes and bug fixes then with fantasy planes which for sure i wont be fly too much.

I wonder what community think?

Kwiatos
05-17-2006, 07:11 AM
I wonder what comunity want more? Common historical planes like Fw190 A-4 1.42 Ata, Spit Merlin 61, Tempest 11lb+ boost and actually bug and DM fixes or rahter planes like in coming addons - IL10, Mig9/13, Yak15, He162, etc. and others rare and with dubtfully FM?
These game with many actuall flyable "ufo" planes and with more coming will become more like another star wars episode then best sim ever.
Personally i would rahter see good addon with needed planes and bug fixes then with fantasy planes which for sure i wont be fly too much.

I wonder what community think?

ImpStarDuece
05-17-2006, 07:25 AM
Well, there were only about 300 Merlin 61 engined Spitfire F. IXs built. So it was never the most 'common' type.

The majority of the rest were all built with more pwerful engines, either Merlin 63's (about 400 beginning in late 1942) or Merlin 66s (almost all the rest beginning about March 1943).

Brain32
05-17-2006, 08:20 AM
OK I know nothing about that Merlin, BUT Kwiatos is right, the story is untold and some things should definitely be revised before shuting everything down.
Fixes to what we have should not stay undone. Spot on Kwiatos http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Vrabac
05-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Yes, agreed. Also, I'd rather have Ju88C or Hs129 or Il4 than all those jets and prototypes together.

jjtasker
05-17-2006, 10:55 AM
You are not going to get development time from the actual team because they are working on new projects to generate a revenue stream. In terms of boxes sold IL2 is now dead except for the small addons that are basically 3rd party with some integration work by the 1C team.

A developer is not going to keep working on a dead end project no matter how much you'd like him to. They'll take all they've learned, good and bad, and start fresh with BoB series.

VW-IceFire
05-17-2006, 03:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kwiatos:

I wonder what community think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No reason we can't have some of that. We're about to make a drive for the +11 Tempest...using historical documents and a well researched argument. Spitfire IX Merlin 61 was a rare plane but one that has been asked for...unfortunately requires a change in the model to be accurate so unlikely. I can see the FW190A-4 with that boost happening...no real changes required there so maybe!

At the current level of simulation...I'm relatively happy with the latest patches in their DM and FM settings...its not got a show stopper bug like we've had in the past (like when the P-47 bled fuel after being hit in seconds, or the FW190 in a similar situation, or when the gunsights fell off quickly, and so forth).

Ratsack
05-19-2006, 04:12 AM
What Icefire said. I hope to see both the 11 lb Tempest and the 1.42 ATA Fw190A-4 in the upcoming patches...

...hope is a fine thing, ain't it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

cheers,
Ratsack

GR142_Astro
05-19-2006, 08:12 AM
And they could leave off the series by giving the P47 and P51 the capabilities they really had. Right now they don't measure up.

WWMaxGunz
05-19-2006, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
Well, there were only about 300 Merlin 61 engined Spitfire F. IXs built. So it was never the most 'common' type.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know that most missions flown were no contact and not a lot of chance of any?
And other times because of the place and unit that whatever they flew got a lot of fights?

So were those 300 Spitfires kept busy in hot places then is it unreal to use that plane if
you are supposed to be a pilot busy in a hot place?

300 out of so many thousand available is not a direct measure of the 'what is okay' situation,
maybe you should still forego picking that plane except &lt;# of those Spits&gt; out of &lt;# at the
front at the time&gt; missions/campaigns and then that's 'what is okay'.