PDA

View Full Version : How to choose AI pilot?

Noxx0s
02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Someone told me in my other thread there's a way to put specific AI pilots to fly against you. (such as Fokker, Claude, Buffalo... I'm just repeating names here). I could not for the life of me figure out where this option is in-game, can someone help me out?

Noxx0s
02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Someone told me in my other thread there's a way to put specific AI pilots to fly against you. (such as Fokker, Claude, Buffalo... I'm just repeating names here). I could not for the life of me figure out where this option is in-game, can someone help me out?

Aviar
02-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Try the Quick Mission Builder.

Aviar

Noxx0s
02-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Nothing there. Just side, number in flight, plane, advantage/disadvantage, loadout, etc. No mention of AI pilot.

berg417448
02-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Claude, Fokker and Buffalo are airplane types not AI pilot names.

Noxx0s
02-18-2010, 07:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by berg417448:
Claude, Fokker and Buffalo are airplane types not AI pilot names. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh, haha, that explains it.

What are they then? Buffalo is obvious but the others?

Romanator21
02-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Anthony Fokker is the name of the designer of aircraft. He's most famous for the Dr.1 Triplane and D.VII biplane of WWI. In the game we have the Fokker D.XXI which is used by Finland and is slightly modified over the original.

In WWII, Japanese airplanes had names given to them by allied pilots for quick and easy recognition and for radio communications. The Mitsubishi A5M4 is named Claude. The A6M5 is Zeke, or Zero. Mitsubishi G4M1 is Betty, Aichi D3A1 is Valentine, or Val, Kawasaki Ki-61 is Tony, etc.

Some airplanes in our game have modified FM from the standard to represent the flying style of certain aces. These are represented at the very bottom of the plane list (Rechkalov P-39, Kozhedub La-7, Safonov I-16, Nowotny Me-262, etc.)