PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ubi!

Starbuck13
11-26-2007, 11:19 PM
I just finished AC earlier tonight and after a little thought, and going over some of the highly critical posts found here, I just wanted to express my gratitude to Patrice and Jade and everyone involved with making the game. I love this game.

I can't stand the Hitman games, and I'm not very fond of Splinter Cell either (though you won me over with the multiplayer on Double Agent) so I was a bit hesitant at first. I was afraid I was going to have to meticulously plan out some over-elaborate assassination plan and follow it to the letter, or risk the dreaded "Mission Failed" screen and start over. I was afraid I was going to try sneaking up on someone and fail, as I usually do, and again see the "Mission Failed" screen and start over. I was very pleasently surprised to find that the worst part of any stealth game (getting caught/seen) had been turned around into something quite enjoyable - fluid, rythm-based combat or fleeing with a chase scene. The free-running is a lot of fun! And I love the options in combat as well, not limiting me to attack/defend. My favorite thing to do when getting caught has become to get as many guards as I can to chase me, then lead them up a tall building, then grab and throw them off to their doom. I love watching the last few guards run away in terror.

So thank you Ubi, for creating the kind of stealth/action game I've always wanted to play - what I've refered to as "casual stealth" for a while now. Now please don't change things too drastically for AC 2!

P.S.
I almost forgot the story! Fantastic! Very well written and told, I can't wait for the followup. Maybe now that Desmond has "remembered" all of Altair's skills and abilities, he can make use of them himself? There are an awful lot of Templars to take out....

Starbuck13
11-26-2007, 11:19 PM
I just finished AC earlier tonight and after a little thought, and going over some of the highly critical posts found here, I just wanted to express my gratitude to Patrice and Jade and everyone involved with making the game. I love this game.

I can't stand the Hitman games, and I'm not very fond of Splinter Cell either (though you won me over with the multiplayer on Double Agent) so I was a bit hesitant at first. I was afraid I was going to have to meticulously plan out some over-elaborate assassination plan and follow it to the letter, or risk the dreaded "Mission Failed" screen and start over. I was afraid I was going to try sneaking up on someone and fail, as I usually do, and again see the "Mission Failed" screen and start over. I was very pleasently surprised to find that the worst part of any stealth game (getting caught/seen) had been turned around into something quite enjoyable - fluid, rythm-based combat or fleeing with a chase scene. The free-running is a lot of fun! And I love the options in combat as well, not limiting me to attack/defend. My favorite thing to do when getting caught has become to get as many guards as I can to chase me, then lead them up a tall building, then grab and throw them off to their doom. I love watching the last few guards run away in terror.

So thank you Ubi, for creating the kind of stealth/action game I've always wanted to play - what I've refered to as "casual stealth" for a while now. Now please don't change things too drastically for AC 2!

P.S.
I almost forgot the story! Fantastic! Very well written and told, I can't wait for the followup. Maybe now that Desmond has "remembered" all of Altair's skills and abilities, he can make use of them himself? There are an awful lot of Templars to take out....