PDA

View Full Version : noobish question about plane ID

FatBoyHK
06-17-2005, 03:04 AM
My plane's ID is 18 when I fly online. But on the scoreboard my ID is 18*, what is that * mean? why some people don't have that * at the end of their ID? And some people have more complicated ID, just as RS-A, Black 6+, but I can't set my ID like this, I can only key in numbers in the box.... what have I missed?

FatBoyHK
06-17-2005, 03:04 AM
My plane's ID is 18 when I fly online. But on the scoreboard my ID is 18*, what is that * mean? why some people don't have that * at the end of their ID? And some people have more complicated ID, just as RS-A, Black 6+, but I can't set my ID like this, I can only key in numbers in the box.... what have I missed?

midgie
06-17-2005, 03:08 AM
On Russian planes it refers to whether the number is in front of or behind the red star.

Not sure if it's fixed for the plane type or changes.

Chuck_Older
06-17-2005, 03:08 AM
In the FMB at least, that asterisk means it's the player's aircraft, nothing more

tigertalon
06-17-2005, 03:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatBoyHK:
My plane's ID is 18 when I fly online. But on the scoreboard my ID is 18*, what is that * mean? why some people don't have that * at the end of their ID? And some people have more complicated ID, just as RS-A, Black 6+, but I can't set my ID like this, I can only key in numbers in the box.... what have I missed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends for which country you set to fly (which markings you take).

i.e. RS-A is British way of designating, black6+ is German etc etc

FlatSpinMan
06-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Doesn't the colour label change (ie red 5, green 8, etc) change if you set yourself in a different squadron?flight/than the default?

jessi1
06-17-2005, 06:45 AM
Hello fatboy how are you, this is your blu flyin freind DEY_BLACK_RCT HERE, I was curious if you still set the p-51 rudder 10 clicks right and 1 click left aileron or if you had to change it up with the new fm, please give us your advice mate. thanks

FatBoyHK
06-17-2005, 09:33 AM
rudder trim is now very dependent on your speed, I am still working now it, may be later :P