PDA

View Full Version : Can people just chill out on the negativity

jp_havok
11-13-2007, 08:01 PM
I mean seriously, the game has not even came out yet but everyone thinks just because what they saw on a review on a midi-core "gaming" website is like the holy bible and what their response to the game is like the words of God itself. I mean, how many people even making these assumptions about something before it has even the slightest chance to hit shelves. If this was always the case that people where always 100% without a shadow of a doubt correct then great people like Albert Einstein and Socrates would be looked at complete as idiots. Then you got the kids running around posting a link to some website say "Well they got a bad score" yes, because its not perfect, nothing thing is, is just opinions, or guides of what to expect. Get over it. No, Assassins Creed is probably not perfect, but what game is? list one that got 10/10 5/5 100/100 across the boards on every single website/magazine/whatever. NONE. Moral of the thread is, try the game before you judge on quality of a game, people worked hard and respect that, don't jump to conclusions because of a respected website says.

jp_havok
11-13-2007, 08:01 PM
I mean seriously, the game has not even came out yet but everyone thinks just because what they saw on a review on a midi-core "gaming" website is like the holy bible and what their response to the game is like the words of God itself. I mean, how many people even making these assumptions about something before it has even the slightest chance to hit shelves. If this was always the case that people where always 100% without a shadow of a doubt correct then great people like Albert Einstein and Socrates would be looked at complete as idiots. Then you got the kids running around posting a link to some website say "Well they got a bad score" yes, because its not perfect, nothing thing is, is just opinions, or guides of what to expect. Get over it. No, Assassins Creed is probably not perfect, but what game is? list one that got 10/10 5/5 100/100 across the boards on every single website/magazine/whatever. NONE. Moral of the thread is, try the game before you judge on quality of a game, people worked hard and respect that, don't jump to conclusions because of a respected website says.

elvenmonkey13
11-13-2007, 08:03 PM
I agree with you, but it did come out and this has been posted before.

jp_havok
11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Forgot, >_> but I still believe most people do not have it that post criticzing statements. Thanks for the heads up :P

elvenmonkey13
11-13-2007, 08:08 PM
No Problem and welcome

nikeair244
11-13-2007, 08:10 PM
it has come out and yes the game is not what i expected for them making it for 4 years, could of been tons better,

its boring for all u do is save citizens, scout towers and slash guards the whole time.....boring

BagelDogs
11-13-2007, 08:21 PM
You can work on a game for 10 years and still only come up with something that's only as good as the technology you have to work with.

Give it a break. Our systems have made huge jumps in the last four years. They've been tweaking and re-tweaking as fast as they could to keep up, the whole time doing their best to deliver the best game they could.

blarson11
11-13-2007, 08:25 PM
they really only spent 2 years making the game. the first two years were mostly the production of the game's engine. i think it will appeal to some really well, and others will think it sucks, but basing your opinion SOLELY on a review is ridiculous.

Strikefromabove
11-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Yeppers, i expected that.. everyone was super hyped for it and now most are disappointed.

Well, I can say im going to like it. I know I am because i played for about 5 minutes at EB.

EDIT: I agree with Blarson, cant base your opinion on if you will like a game or not because of the reviews. Thats dumb.

jp_havok
11-13-2007, 08:29 PM
I guess its just what you make out of it, if thats how you feel fine. No reason to bash or flame someones opinion, because in the end your only convincing yourself.

But keep in mind, what else did you seriously expect? I really want to know. Because its only a disappointment if you go in expecting more then what is possible for the game to produce.

Strikefromabove
11-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Nothing really, i just thought there was way to much anticipation for the game. I knew lots would be disappointed even though they went on about it in the forums.

Albericht
11-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Well one thing that I expected sadly was dull combat, and even when showing the good part which jade made with brilliance I feared since the Montferrat assassination that the combat would be duller than I first thought.

The ennemy do circle arround you, which is good, but they didnt seem to take any profit from that, they go into the slaughter one after the other, while they could have been programmed so that two of those go simultaneously from both side of altair to actually put him down.

One thing that I found totaly unforgivable was when I saw altair knocked down, in front of gards and those just let him go up and continue the fight. Am I looking at some boxing game here ? When the guy is on the ground and you got a big blade on you, templar or not you take your blade and impale the guy on the ground Dark Messiah Style, especialy when the guy on the ground actually slaughtered all of your comrades, fair play is off.

From the review, the lamest is the unreactivity of the gards when you blend yourself.

I hope they will work a bit more than just simply do a port toward pc, because then I'll doubt I will even do anything else than rent this game.

blarson11
11-13-2007, 08:37 PM
actually parts of it came out better, like the graphics, cuz most of the sandbox games i have seen sacrafice that a little. The AI is about what i expected, with so many people it would be impossible to perfect. for me it about meets what i expected because while i was pretty hyped, i kept reminding myself to be realistic.

Pinjani10
11-13-2007, 08:42 PM
No game is perfect but this is a revolutionary new engine so perhaps all the little faults that are in this one will be ironed out for the sequel or perhaps in a patch

Strikefromabove
11-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Albericht.... that would be so fun.. BAM pwned by 2 guards attacking you at the same time again for the 100000 time. Then you post a review saying the combat is stupid because i cant win any of the fights because the AI is to smart.

You cant expect it to be as real as that because then it would be no fun.

jp_havok
11-13-2007, 08:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blarson11:
actually parts of it came out better, like the graphics, cuz most of the sandbox games i have seen sacrafice that a little. The AI is about what i expected, with so many people it would be impossible to perfect. for me it about meets what i expected because while i was pretty hyped, i kept reminding myself to be realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly, I would say go in with less then average expectations and come out amazed. I didn't want a Halo 2 for me all over again.

@Albericht: Good points, but I am guessing what they didn't want happen is like all other hack n' slashes where if your in the middle of 2 enemies just put the controller down because thats Game Over. Not even letting you get up to regain your barrings or nothing its just hit after hit after hit until dead with never ending cheep shots. But I do see your point though.