PDA

View Full Version : Installation PF as ADD-ON, it was stupid idea.....

Stary_Wuj
11-15-2004, 03:07 AM
Hi!

First, sorry about my english :-) My impressions about FB+AEP+PF (clean installation) are not so good. And ugly color of menu is not important :-)
New Briefing/Debriefing stuff is little strange for me, especially HALL OF FAME, sounds like arcade game from Playstation, so, mayby some power-ups and bonuses in mission :-)
I see some improvements of FB+AEP after PF installation, especially better sound quality and smarter AI (THANKS !), I will never use Time Skip, and Nozzle Flash is not so important for me. BUT WORST - RUSSIAN FIGHTER CAMPAIGN not working, and I saw in General Discussion forum, other FB+AEP campaigns are not working too. Disaster. When I complete first part of RuF campaign (LVOV) end I click "NEXT" button game is hang-on. Mayby it is bound with fact, that Debriefing in both games have different construction. After mission, in Debfiefing I dont see enemy planes I was shut down.

I REALLY LIKE FB+AEP very much !!!
I'am 34 years old :-) and this is only one game i play. It is possible to make patch for FB+AEP ? And different patch for PF as standalone ?
Now I prefer this games as different games.

Best Regards

Star_Wuj

carguy_
11-15-2004, 03:30 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

You can always stay with v2.04 and play offline because those playing v2.04 will be a minority,just a matter of time really.

And IMO amking PF possible to act as an addon was a very good decision.

Again I dunno why some of you guys make a soap opera out of all this.We`re waiting for the first and certainlt not the last patch.

Bugs will get fixed.

joeap
11-15-2004, 03:49 AM
There is a Degen Beta 3.11 that should fix any bugs with the dgen.

Other than that, agree with carguy...best thing since sliced bread this combined install.

Stary_Wuj
11-15-2004, 04:07 AM
Sorry guys, but You don't understand.

I think about my own idea to install PF as Add-On, not as general idea.
I don't play ONLINE.
Dgen Beta 3.11 FIX NOTHING for FB+AEP campaigns, I checked this. And I don't like few things in PF, especially Briefings/Roster stuff, simplified - I need FB+AEP with improvements, I need patch for FB+AEP without PF, thats all.

Stary_Wuj

sapre
11-15-2004, 04:54 AM
Sadly i'm not expriencing any of the problem your having, and Oleg said there will be NO patch for FB\AEP anymore.

julien673
11-15-2004, 04:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stary_Wuj:
... this is only one game i play. It is possible to make patch for FB+AEP ? And different patch for PF as standalone ?
Now I prefer this games as different games.

Best Regards

Star_Wuj <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree whit u http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

VVS-Manuc
11-15-2004, 06:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sapre:
Sadly i'm not expriencing any of the problem your having, and Oleg said there will be NO patch for FB\AEP anymore. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is true! Patches/AddOns which are important for FB/AEP (like a flyable Ju88) are only available if you buy and install PF, too. Nice trick from UBI

VW-IceFire
11-15-2004, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VVS-Manuc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sapre:
Sadly i'm not expriencing any of the problem your having, and Oleg said there will be NO patch for FB\AEP anymore. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is true! Patches/AddOns which are important for FB/AEP (like a flyable Ju88) are only available if you buy and install PF, too. Nice trick from UBI <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
...or practical sensibility. Running not two but three builds of a game, bug testing, and releasing patches for them separately is somewhere near insanity and suicide.

Yeah its a marketing thing perhaps...but I don't even see that as a major factor in this case. Its just not practical unless you had twice the size of team.

Luftcaca
11-15-2004, 09:52 AM
hmmm well I dont agree about the fact that PF should not be considered as an ADD ON...in fact I think it should only have been released as an add on to FB+ACE...

BUT

I do agree about new debriefings...
I dont like em...

first you dont see the number of planes you shot down overall...it says:

the number of planes you destroyed is: (nothing here)

and then it keeps saying about the number of ground targets you destroyed...

Debriefings in FB/ACe should have remained the SAME

As for debriefings in PF now...first of all I'd like to mention that Im disappointed a bit about the fact that theres no kills list in the briefing page anymore...but its not that bad...I mean I KNOW that it would have been mostly A6M2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

and WHATS the point of saying: 15-20 Zekes...why not the EXACT number??? to simulate the fact that you werent aware of the EXACT number...???
Cmon do try to simulate a good AI first!

I can live with the new briefings/debriefings...but Im not that pleased

PS: the BRIEFINGS in PF are awesome tho, with the alarm sound and all when theres a scramble...

Chuck_Older
11-15-2004, 10:25 AM
guys, I hate to be Captain Bring-down, but FB's days are numbered, just like PF's.

It's an old game engine. The new generation of WWII combat flight sims are being worked on, and BoB is on it's way...sometime

be happy that they support FB+AEP and PF at all

It's not a trick, or anything like that, it's just that this game is going to be yesterday's news quickly