PDA

View Full Version : Mission Building Question

Lanzfeld_13
03-05-2006, 10:17 AM
I am using the full mission builder to make some simple missions to fly around and get familiar with aircraft. I would like to start parked if I could but I place the "object" I want to fly in a parking spot and it always defaults to the end of the runway when I play the mission.

Is there a work-around for this if I want to taxi????

Lanzfeld_13
03-05-2006, 10:17 AM
I am using the full mission builder to make some simple missions to fly around and get familiar with aircraft. I would like to start parked if I could but I place the "object" I want to fly in a parking spot and it always defaults to the end of the runway when I play the mission.

Is there a work-around for this if I want to taxi????

Zeus-cat
03-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Check out the Mission Building forum.

The answer to your question is yes, but there are restrictions. The game does not support it, but it can be done.

One simple way is to use the test runways (runway #4 is invisible so it works very well). These are stationary ships (look for them in that menu) and can cause frame rate issues if you use a lot of them. You also need to release chocks when you start your plane if you do use the test runways.

elphifou
03-05-2006, 10:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lanzfeld_13:

Is there a work-around for this if I want to taxi???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a forum dedicated to mission building. Just browse the threads there, I know the answer to your question is in one of them.

Regards

dbillo
03-05-2006, 03:37 PM
If you make your mission a dogfight mission, then you can play the mission offline by going to Multiplay...Create Server...dogfight and select your new mission. You will spawn somewhere on the parking area in that case.

As the other guys have said, you'll get better answers to this on the Mission Builder forum.