PDA

View Full Version : R6 Internet Problems

g-bis
01-08-2007, 09:59 PM
This thread will be used to collect information regarding the disconnect problem found in Rainbow 6 Vegas online multyplayer gaming. Please post as much information as possible regarding your situation. Please provide your internet setup, service provider and any in- game error that you face when trying to log into an online match. Include as much information has possible. Any fixes that people have found are welcome as well.

g-bis
01-08-2007, 09:59 PM
This thread will be used to collect information regarding the disconnect problem found in Rainbow 6 Vegas online multyplayer gaming. Please post as much information as possible regarding your situation. Please provide your internet setup, service provider and any in- game error that you face when trying to log into an online match. Include as much information has possible. Any fixes that people have found are welcome as well.

tacit_rainbow
01-14-2007, 11:00 PM
I have the same problem. Here's my info...

ISP: Comcast
Cable Modem: General Instrument Surfboard SB3100
Router: D-Link DI-614+ (running 3.43 firmware)
NAT: Open
Ports: Forwarded
UPnP: Enabled
360 Cache Cleared: Yes
My 360 is hardwire connected to the router.

Problem: I can connect to a multiplayer game, but I will disconnect in multiplayer anytime from 10 seconds to 10 minutes into a game. When I disconnect, my cable modem resets itself. I have tried playing lots of co-op t-hunt and story games, and some team versus games. Some nights are better than others, but this problem generally persists.

Fixes attempted:
1) I deleted the save game files from the 360's hard drive. This seemed to work for a few nights, but then the problem came back.
2) I connected the 360 directly to the cable modem. Still had the problem.
3) I cleared the 360's HDD cache. No effect.
4) I have tried enabling and disabling UPnP (different posts will tell you to turn it on or off). No effect.

I have been tempted to get a new cable modem or buy a new router, but from the reports here and on Xbox.com, I'm not sure that will change anything. Any help from Ubisoft here would be highly appreciated.

JohnnyComeLatly
01-15-2007, 05:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 4) I have tried enabling and disabling UPnP (different posts will tell you to turn it on or off). No effect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try leaving it off for a long period of time. I'm not a Ubi developer, but I am a sys and network admin for Unix machines (Sun Solaris http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) and I can tell you UPnP is very noisy on a network. If you're not adding network devices, it wastes a lot of bandwidth yelling across the network (auto-discovery). Imagine trying to hold a conversation with someone popping their head in the room every 60 seconds and yelling, "Anyone new in here?" Even if you don't reply, it's annoying and will delay a slight bit.