PDA

View Full Version : X-52 Profile

AznKamiKazeKid
08-13-2005, 12:35 AM
Could anyone direct me to a good X-52 profile for this game? Thanks.

AznKamiKazeKid
08-13-2005, 12:35 AM
Could anyone direct me to a good X-52 profile for this game? Thanks.

Platypus_1.JaVA
08-13-2005, 03:41 AM
It would really pay to sit for half an hour and program the buttons for yourself. This way, you are absolutly sure that the stick is programmed to your likings. I can give you some hints how I did my programming. First of all, I changed the key assignments in PF. For some reason, things like "CTRL spacebar" doesn't really program very well on the X52. The T1-T3-T5 switches on the base of the X52 stick are superb for the bombsight control. I've assigned the "C" button to level autopilot for the bombers. A fires rockets and B releases bombs (B for bombs, get it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

The two stage strigger: I use the first stage for firing machine guns and the second stage for firing machine guns and canons simultaneoesly. (sorry for my spelling) The two hat switches are controlling functions like outside (F2) and flyby view. As well as flap control (F and V) and the zooming of the gun sight (Home-end-delete)

On the throttle, I use the small blue stick for mouse view. Very handy for PF. the D key is a Push to talk button for Teamspeak. I use the small slider for my prop pitch. I program the two rotary's in PF as flap/rudder/elevator trim as requited by the aircraft I choose to fly. The hat switch is used for things like F6 enemy view, F1 cockpit view and center view (keypad 5) So I can quickly look through my gunsight when I wandered off a little with the mouse view.

Anyways, I really hope you can make your X52 work to your likings, good luck! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Tully__
08-13-2005, 04:27 AM
While I can't guarantee it's good for you, you could try mine. See my sig.

Edit: If you want chocks/canopy/seat height on the stick, you'll have to add them yourself... I prefer them on the keyboard.

duffyfs
08-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Tully...attempted to download your X-52 profile from your sig to compare it to mine. Although the download screen came up I was unable to locate the file "fbx52.zip" on my system to unzip and add it to my SST profiles. Am I doing something wrong?

Tully__
08-15-2005, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duffyfs:
Tully...attempted to download your X-52 profile from your sig to compare it to mine. Although the download screen came up I was unable to locate the file "fbx52.zip" on my system to unzip and add it to my SST profiles. Am I doing something wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not sure. I'm on a new ISP but as far as I know it works ok. My sig pic is on the same server, so if you're seeing that the file should download OK.

Vacillator
08-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Worked for me okay Tully. Intersting to compare with my new (under devopment) profile!
Cheers!
Edit: Why did I never learn to type?

duffyfs
08-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Tully...Thanks anyway...I've tried several times to download from your sig but no joy.Apparently there is something on my system keeping the download from completing.

Tully__
08-16-2005, 06:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duffyfs:
Tully...Thanks anyway...I've tried several times to download from your sig but no joy.Apparently there is something on my system keeping the download from completing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Send me your email addy by private topic and I'll send it by email.

duffyfs
08-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Tully...PM sent

duffyfs
08-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Tully...got the profile. Appreciate the extra effort.